PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has hired Jeffrey Kessler as per Schefter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A doubly, triply or maybe even quadruply awesome thing about this is that Kessler represents the NFLPA, so this puts Troy Vincent and DeMaurice Smith in one hell of a position. This could expose not one, not two, but all three NFL clowns (Goodell, Vincent and Smith) for the cons that they are.
Don't knock Smith too much. He will be in Brady's corner hoping to embarrass Goodell and the NFL.

if this gets rid of goodell it mght be worth all this

The weird thing is Ted Wells and his law firm are top notch too. No clue why they put out such a shoddy report. Regardless, Kessler is excellent and a not surprisingly good choice. He won in Federal Court for Adrian Peterson and may have to do the same here.
y5GKqwU.gif

Don't knock Smith too much. He will be in Brady's corner hoping to embarrass Goodell and the NFL.

Will he? I've heard mixed reviews about him and I was shocked when he got re-elected.

Hopefully, Johnathon Vilma said don't expect the NFLPA to be any help. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their ass.

There is no question whatsoever that a real judge would throw Brady's suspension out in a heartbeat.
However, what hiring Kessler signals to me is that Brady has taken off the gloves. They won't be going to court to challenge the suspension, they will be going to court to challenge the authority of Roger Goodell, the entire personal conduct policy, the concept that Goodell can decide that the standard in an employer/employee dispute can be 'more likely than not' and any number of other things that Kessler is smarter than me and adds to it. It will also include a defamation lawsuit for multi-millions of dollars and no doubt would be the end of Goodell. Of course, if Goodell is not a moron it will never get that far, and what we will see is some version of Brady's appeal turning into the NFL revisiting the wells report, finding inconsistencies, inaccuracies and poor quality of investigation and announcing that it cannot stand behind the Wells report, voiding all punishment and apologizing to Brady and the Patriots.
If the league is not that smart, they will lose on the Brady discipline, and many other issues in court.

I wonder what action Kessler will take if the NFL selects former NFL office worker
Henderson as their neutral arbiter.
He will sleep through the meeting while preparing his court case.

Hopefully, Johnathon Vilma said don't expect the NFLPA to be any help. Maybe they'll get their heads out of their ass.

Yeah, I wouldn't count on the NFLPA for anything if I was Brady. That said, he is way, way higher profile and richer than Vilma is. This is the best chance the NFLPA will have to take shots at the league for a very long time.

What's the pay per view on this one?

Sorry for being a bit crude with this but someone yesterday on here said what Goodell did to Kraft was like Pearl Harbor.

Well, Tom just prepared 'Little Boy' for use now we wait to see if Kraft has 'Fat Man'.

My grandfather led the first US troops into Nagasaki after the bomb to repair, restore order, and do humanitarian work.
It only fits that I be the guy who goes into the NFL offices to do the same after Brady et al are finished.
Anyone want to tag along?

Depending how much Goodell tries to fight this (the more he fights, the worse it gets) I see this going a few ways:

Guaranteed:
1) Brady isn't suspended a game
2) Patriots get picks and money back

With a little fight by Goodell to drag this out:
1) Goodell gets removed from the NFL entirely
2) The NFL will be void of all ability to hand out suspensions/fines to players. This will be handled by the NFLPA and the NFLPA only.

With a lot of fight by Goodell to drag this out:
1) The existing structure of the NFL as we know it will be completely changed to an approach that resembles democracy rather than monarchy/oligarchy

Man I hope this goes the way I hope it could possible be going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3