PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Gronk, and Marty B are just as unstoppable as we thought they'd be

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan13

Hall of Fame Poster
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Before Pats Steelers, nice breakdown on f how the PAts are using the 12 formations to get the ball to the TE's

Brady, Gronk, and Marty B are just as unstoppable as we thought they'd be

The team best-equipped to do it will be one that is able to generate a rush while rarely blitzing -- like the Bills and Seahawks, who they play in their two games following this week's tilt with the Steelers, though Rex Ryan may get over-aggressive and send a ton of extra rushers. Or one that has good enough defensive backs and safeties to hold up on the back end when extra men are rushing the quarterback -- like the Broncos defense that flustered the Patriots in last year's playoffs.

With the additional weaponry the Patriots have added this year, though, it may just be too difficult to shut them down.

Good read.

It all boils down to the play of the OL and whether or not they allow Brady time to find his weapons.
We're a lot better off this year with a healthy Solder, new Thuney, Andrews solidified and better Cannon. And Scar. Doesn't guarantee they'll stand up to the pressure when it matters, or stay healthy the rest of the way, but we're in far better shape than 12 months ago.

Having two excellent blocking TE helps too.

That was just a decent article telling us things that we already knew and have seen. Thanks for posting it.

But the fact is that we have been talking about the issues that make lining up with 2 TE's is a nightmare for DC's strictly on a schematic basis for years. And the fact that both can be equally effective in the slot or split wide only exacerbates the problem. We now can clearly also see why BB has been so desperate to find the personnel to run this offense (with limited success) over the years. It REALLY does create just too many mismatches for defenses to shut down. Now he FINALLY has the 2 guys who can make is vision come true

And believe me when I tell you this. We haven't come close to seeing what this offense can do, only the tip of the iceberg. Over the course of this season, as the overall team improves, so will this offense. Over the last 3 games, we have only seen the nascent form of the offense. The best is yet to come. ;)

That was just a decent article telling us things that we already knew and have seen. Thanks for posting it.

But the fact is that we have been talking about the issues that make lining up with 2 TE's is a nightmare for DC's strictly on a schematic basis for years. And the fact that both can be equally effective in the slot or split wide only exacerbates the problem. We now can clearly also see why BB has been so desperate to find the personnel to run this offense (with limited success) over the years. It REALLY does create just too many mismatches for defenses to shut down. Now he FINALLY has the 2 guys who can make is vision come true

And believe me when I tell you this. We haven't come close to seeing what this offense can do, only the tip of the iceberg. Over the course of this season, as the overall team improves, so will this offense. Over the last 3 games, we have only seen the nascent form of the offense. The best is yet to come. ;)

You are right, I hope. Gronk and Bennett have both been injured. They both been healthy and on the field at the same time for only part of one game. Bennett is slowly working his way back from a sprained ankle. I hope the bye week will allow him enough rest time to get fully healthy.

I'd even say we may not see the offense in its full unadulterated glory until the playoffs, health permitting.

Great camera angle of a great throw by a great QB to a great target .. just great

Last edited:
I still remember the "He won't do anything here, look at Scott Chandler" posts lol.

The Seattle game is going to be exceptional. They are playing better as a group defensively than anytime since their super bowl win.

If we drop 25-30 points on them, no one will scare me.

Bennett has been very quiet the last two games. Idk if he's nicked up.

Yes. And that's why I feel the hype around Gronk/Bennet is just a bit premature. Do they have potential to matchup well against defenses? Yes. But they still need time together on the field.

So far, we've seen flashes. Now they need to be healthy and play together consistently.

But I like what I see!

Last edited:
We're a lot better off this year with a healthy Solder, new Thuney, Andrews solidified and better Cannon. And Scar. Doesn't guarantee they'll stand up to the pressure when it matters, or stay healthy the rest of the way, but we're in far better shape than 12 months ago.

Having two excellent blocking TE helps too.
I agree. If the OL gives Brady sufficient time, then the only thing stopping Brady and these weapons from scoring 30+ points per game is .... turnovers.

I agree. If the OL gives Brady sufficient time, then the only thing stopping Brady and these weapons from scoring 30+ points per game is .... turnovers.
Or injuries :(

I'm also wondering if BB is deliberately keeping the full potential reined in, so that he can spring it on teams later when the games have greater importance.

Kind of like he did keeping Jimmy playing vanilla to keep teams from getting an early look and adjusting quicker, to give the Pats a better chance at weathering the 1st 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back