PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady & Gordon working out together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your position is that he will be reinstated and participate fully in training camp?

Anything is possible but what is likely?

I wish there was a way to make friendly wagers on this site. Nothing too serious.
Something in the range of a Coke, a beer, or a sandwich.
Yeah. I think the NFL, over the next month will let the Pats know what their plans are with Gordon. Suspension? No Suspension, etc. They have got to do at least that. It's only fair for the team AND Gordon.

Going with the understanding that we are STILL taking about the Park Ave cabal, I fully suspect some kind of suspension. But my understanding of the suspension rules is that players under suspension STILL get to fully participate in TC.

Thus it is my belief that Gordon will be around for a full TC and in a MUCH better place to contribute when he does come back that he was when he came in late last season.

Another scenario that Bedard thinks is more likely, is that the league will drag their feet and make Gordon jump through more hoops for an extra month and he gets back about a week before the season starts, BUT with no suspension. (since it was never about performance enhancing drugsl and he was already punished with 5 games last year) Personally I'd rather see him get a full TC and miss a few games, than not.

All that being said, I'm guessing it will be a tough September for the Pats, given their usual propensity for slow starts, the suspensions of Gordon (expected) and Watson, and a trip to Miami in SEPTEMBER! :eek: I'd be happy going 2-2 with everyone predicting (again) the end of the Dynasty (I still miss the underdog role). Anything over that will be gravy.

Last edited:
Your position is that he will be reinstated and participate fully in training camp?

I wish there was a way to make friendly wagers on this site. Nothing too serious.
Yeah that's about it. I think their COULD be a suspension though I believe the games he miss last season SHOULD be enough punishment, but we ARE talking about Park Ave.

I think he will be back for the start of TC suspension or not. That is my position. I assuming your's is that he won't be available for the start of TC.

As for the wager. If you ever go to TC I'm guessing a beer/coke and hotdog could easily be agreed to and paid. I'm always thirsty and hungry when I go. ;)

BTW- Bedard thinks the league will drag this out another month and let him come back a week to 10 days before the season starts, BUT with no suspension.

I never thought about THIS scenario.

Earlier in this thread I called him an "addict" as he is someone who has been fighting substance(s) addiction for a while. He can be clean for months and that would make him a recovering addict. I don't think folks are trying to put a label on him. I think Josh is trying not to be under the influence of anything on a daily basis.
I think most people think that once an addict is clean for a while, they are cured. That is perhaps the most frustrating thing about addiction is that it is NEVER "cured". It is only controlled with great effort on a day by day basis.

The more I get to know about this curse, the more grateful I am that I didn't get whatever gene or brain wiring that causes it in people.

I think most people think that once an addict is clean for a while, they are cured. That is perhaps the most frustrating thing about addiction is that it is NEVER "cured". It is only controlled with great effort on a day by day basis.

The more I get to know about this curse, the more grateful I am that I didn't get whatever gene or brain wiring that causes it in people.
I don't have an addictive or compulsive makeup so its hard for me to understand. I do sympathize with those who do have a problem.

OK, then let's file this now and in about a month when the truth reveals itself, when we have the full use of 20-2o hindsight, we can either gloat or admit error. Because one of us will be right

I don't think this is a hindsight thing. You claimed that he will be reinstated as if that is an absolute certainty which is just formulated too strong. It is not a certainty that he will be able to attend camp.

Maybe he has to hit certain checkmarks with clean testing (or whatever) and he won't complete them until mid August or September ? What then ?

There is so much room for speculation for what the hold up with him and his status is that there is only one thing certain: You can't just expect him to be there in camp. It might happen, it might not.

I don't have an addictive or compulsive makeup so its hard for me to understand. I do sympathize with those who do have a problem.

And that is really anyone can expect from others. If not sympathy then at least empathy.

If addiction were something that you could beat with willpower alone then we would have not many addicts. That is the thing many don't get. In the majority of cases something very bad happening is not a trigger to suddenly be able to overcome it. It is always "This time will be different". But that is just part of the overall issue and not some kind of fundamental flaw in the willpower or ability of the affected.

When Brady was railroaded by Goodell on the Ideal Gas Law BS, he could not practice with the team.. at the same time Gordon had been suspended in Cleveland for substance issues, but could practice with the team.. not sure if it means anything, but it seems that there is some compassion for the issues that Gordon is dealing with..
It means nothing and has nothing to do with compassion (well it sorta does, but still nothing to do with the compassion of any individual).

It is simply that the CBA says that a player suspended for substance abuse gets to be with the team. The NFLPA insisted on that, presumably on the grounds that having a substance abuser totally isolated from his team will probably make things worse for him.

For suspensions for other reasons the CBA either explicitly says the player has to stay away from the team (I believe that's the case for PED suspensions) or doesn't speak to it either way, which allows the Omissioner to impose semi-arbitrary terms on the suspension.

So don't read anything into Gordon being able to be around his team.

I doubt Practicing with teammates outside of team practice and the season is forbidden under suspension. During the season it might be different.
I'm pretty sure that depends on the reason for the suspension. The NFLPA negotiated less-restrictive rules around substance abuse suspensions because they (rightly, IMHO) felt that keeping a substance abuser isolated from the team is counterproductive to recovery.

Not that Gordon should be completely written off, but I sorta wish Brady was doing the extra work with Harry. He’s a hopeful day 1 starter that really needs to get on the same page with Brady and is a better investment of time and energy.

Reports were that Stephon Gilmore was absolutely schooling Harry at passing camp so the kid could probably use a shot of confidence from Brady right about now.

Last edited:
Word is Kyle Rudolph is now working out with both of them.

Beer?

tenor.gif

Ehem..

Post # 47,120 " I don't have an addictive nature..." :D

As I understand it, Josh Gordon also has the dual diagnosis of depression, which is often the "dark passenger" for many... in the macho world of the NFL it is oft difficult to make an admission that a player has mental health issues. Unfortunately, it is not a weakness it is an illness and needs to be viewed as such.

What comes first the addiction or the depression?? they feed off each other. Does not seem to matter, what does is that he gets tx for both..

And
I'd rather have Kraft take me to Orchids of Asia spa
like the Two and a Half Men episode when Charlie and Allen get treated to gelato and hookers by their Mom’s fiancé.

PS.... Bob just treated 15 ballers to a Israel vacation on a 32 seat plane
Nudge nudge say no more

And

like the Two and a Half Men episode when Charlie and Allen get treated to gelato and hookers by their Mom’s fiancé.

PS.... Bob just treated 15 ballers to a Israel vacation on a 32 seat plane
Nudge nudge say no more
I can see Kraft on that show with Evelyn....or Jenny McCarthy.

Every time I hear David Pasternack I think of Jake's teacher (Miss Pasternack)that Charlie hooked up with at the parent teacher conference.

I can see Kraft on that show with Evelyn....or Jenny McCarthy.

Every time I hear David Pasternack I think of Jake's teacher (Miss Pasternack)that Charlie hooked up with at the parent teacher conference.
Charlie Harper is my hero.

On another note....
Very late to this thread and the SMY tweet that this board referenced for 4+ pages has been deleted. What did she tweet?

Charlie Harper is my hero.

On another note....
Very late to this thread and the SMY tweet that this board referenced for 4+ pages has been deleted. What did she tweet?
It was in reference to her report back in 2014 which she said Dobson yelled at JMcD. BB refuted the report in a presser. After a practice and asked him where he got the temerity to question her reporting (typical Globe elitist). He told her to get her facts right and walked away. As BB was walking away she was still going all sapphire on him. Her tweet came after that and was to the effect she could have handled the situation differently and was regrettable or something like that.

It was in reference to her report back in 2014 which she said Dobson yelled at JMcD. BB refuted the report in a presser. After a practice and asked him where he got the temerity to question her reporting (typical Globe elitist). He told her to get her facts right and walked away. As BB was walking away she was still going all sapphire on him. Her tweet came after that and was to the effect she could have handled the situation differently and was regrettable or something like that.
Her tweet on Brady and Gordon working out was that she didn’t think it could be confirmed that it was Gordon in the pictures. She then insinuated that everyone who assumed it was Gordon is racist with the hashtag #whenwealllookaliketoyall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back