PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady & Gordon working out together

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not a league conspiracy against the Patriots. The guy has literally been suspended 40+ games before he ever came to New England. The fact that the Patriots had a successful postseason run last year is not (nor should be) a factor in his suspension.

The north remembers...

I'm not counting on anything until we get Volin's report.

I know the clip doesn’t **confirm** a darn thing but, IMHO, it shows to me that Brady believes Gordon will be here this year and be playing at some point. I doubt they would work out together if everyone expected he would miss the entire season.

Sorry. This clip does not confirm anything.

0WmXcZD.gif

It appears that Brady and Gordon are happy together

Let me explain, if that was too hard for you. From what EVERYONE is telling us, Gordon is doing everything the league is asking for in order to get back. So even if the decision is ultimately to suspend him, he will still be eligible to participate fully in TC.

The only question remains would be if the league just decides to kick him out entirely, and given what we've seen so far, that is HIGHLY unlikely. Remember this ISN'T about a performance enhancing issue. This is about the league's already suspect policy concerning MJ.

By any prism, the only one that Gordon has been hurting is himself. So if the league cares ANYTHING about their players, and the best place for Gordon in this stage of his recovery is to be in the very structured environment of a football team, then there is no logical reason NOT to have him back with the team.....and then if necessary suspend him some games in order to satisfy the idiot haters around the league....and save some face.

No... What you wrote was not "too hard" for me...

It seems to me that it's pretty certain that he'll be reinstated so that he can be in TC from day one.

It simply is not true!!! It is YOUR opinion and it is a shaky fact free opinion at this time..

Far from a "Certainty".

Sunday 7: Josh Gordon expectations need to be modified

You are a "good guy" but you are guessing and reaching on this topic.

Some of us have loved ones that suffer from various addictions.
While we truly love them, we have learned to never be surprised by them.
:(

Really want Gordon to be reinstated by TC so he can get his timing down with Brady but that might be a pipe dream. So Brady working out with him now might pay dividends when he's reinstated. Gordon came in after the Trade last year and picked up our Offense in a matter of weeks. If he truly understands our Playbook the sky's the limit in 2019.

Some of us have loved ones that suffer from various addictions.
While we truly love them, we have learned to never be surprised by them.
:(

The Bible says "love covers a multitude of sins "the Patriots have shown Gordon much love lets have a little faith. :)

Some posters are connecting dots in their mind without any actual evidence.

I mean the WWE held another PPV yesterday and Rob Gronkowski did not participate

therefore he is coming back in back in October... :rolleyes:

The Bible says "love covers a multitude of sins "the Patriots have shown Gordon much love lets have a little faith. :)

Faith in a man facing a very difficult problem? Sorry not yet.

Faith in a man facing a very difficult problem? Sorry not yet.

Agree but like I said previously a few pages back Gordon is not your ordinary drug addict. The man takes care of his body that can't be said of many drug addicts.

We may be veering off the course of this particular forum but I truly do wish a few people that I know personally would turn to faith. :(

No... What you wrote was not "too hard" for me...

It simply is not true!!! It is YOUR opinion and it is a shaky fact free opinion at this time..

Far from a "Certainty".

Sunday 7: Josh Gordon expectations need to be modified

You are a "good guy" but you are guessing and reaching on this topic.
OK, then let's file this now and in about a month when the truth reveals itself, when we have the full use of 20-2o hindsight, we can either gloat or admit error. Because one of us will be right

Agree but like I said previously a few pages back Gordon is not your ordinary drug addict. The man takes care of his body that can't be said of many drug addicts.
You know describing him as a "drug addict" doesn't seem to be accurate. Based upon most of what I've read about his issues, I'd describe him as more as a severe alcoholic. Maybe I'm just parsing it, but if he's an alcoholic it would lend more credence to the idea that the league might be more willing to let him come back and play if only because it would help his recovery.

I would guess 95% of the league's players drink alcohol on a weekly basis. I'm also assuming that Gordon was on a zero tolerance alcohol DAILY testing program when he fell off the wagon last season. So it wasn't like he was found passed out on the bar. Just one beer would have violated him.

That doesn't mean I absolve him of that selfish decision. But since I have been exposed to the ravages of addiction in my family, I can empathize with the lack of rationality that comes with addiction. And while it seems to most people, who might not understand addiction, that it was unthinkable that he'd do it AGAIN, it just is what it is. Addiction, by definition, is a loss of control. Rationality has nothing to do it.

You know describing him as a "drug addict" doesn't seem to be accurate. Based upon most of what I've read about his issues, I'd describe him as more as a severe alcoholic. Maybe I'm just parsing it, but if he's an alcoholic it would lend more credence to the idea that the league might be more willing to let him come back and play if only because it would help his recovery.

I would guess 95% of the league's players drink alcohol on a weekly basis. I'm also assuming that Gordon was on a zero tolerance alcohol DAILY testing program when he fell off the wagon last season. So it wasn't like he was found passed out on the bar. Just one beer would have violated him.

That doesn't mean I absolve him of that selfish decision. But since I have been exposed to the ravages of addiction in my family, I can empathize with the lack of rationality that comes with addiction. And while it seems to most people, who might not understand addiction, that it was unthinkable that he'd do it AGAIN, it just is what it is. Addiction, by definition, is a loss of control. Rationality has nothing to do it.

Earlier in this thread I called him an "addict" as he is someone who has been fighting substance(s) addiction for a while. He can be clean for months and that would make him a recovering addict. I don't think folks are trying to put a label on him. I think Josh is trying not to be under the influence of anything on a daily basis.

OK, then let's file this now and in about a month when the truth reveals itself, when we have the full use of 20-2o hindsight, we can either gloat or admit error. Because one of us will be right

Your position is that he will be reinstated and participate fully in training camp?

Anything is possible but what is likely?

I wish there was a way to make friendly wagers on this site. Nothing too serious.
Something in the range of a Coke, a beer, or a sandwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes