PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm the Bills I'm calling TB12. SF should do the same but it's harder for them with a good QB in place. Superbowls are impossible to win. Some people are obsessed with being good for a long time but it's really who has been? The Bills could sit Allen for 2 years and get Brady for a deal like Brees got.

Agreed. Josh Allen is dogshit. Shame I never made it to any games he played but being dirt poor will keep you from doing a lot of things.

TB is making the right choice.

Harry and Myers are happy with the news.

This second guessing the Jimmy trade **** from Vollin and others is absolutely insanity.

To act like Jimmy could have won multiple Super Bowls vastly undersells how difficult it is to win. Rodgers and Brees don’t have multiple Super Bowls, Marino doesn’t even have one.

Although him going to the Bills would be bad for us but it's going to be bad anyway. As division winners we face a harder schedule than Buffalo with a less talented team. Should be interesting this year but one thing is for sure, the dynasty is over.

I am so sad right now. That is all.

If I'm the Bills I'm calling TB12. SF should do the same but it's harder for them with a good QB in place. Superbowls are impossible to win. Some people are obsessed with being good for a long time but it's really who has been? The Bills could sit Allen for 2 years and get Brady for a deal like Brees got.

To stick it to bill in the division? That would be wild. They have a defense. All they need is good QB play.

This second guessing the Jimmy trade **** from Vollin and others is absolutely insanity.

To act like Jimmy could have won multiple Super Bowls vastly undersells how difficult it is to win. Rodgers and Brees don’t have multiple Super Bowls, Marino doesn’t even have one.
Why are you reading Volin? Reading him allows his continued employment instead of the Globe getting someone competent.

As for Jimmy G.... he had one of the best teams in the NFL and a 10 point 4th quarter lead in the Super Bowl and blew it. Brady had not one but two 10+ point 4th quarter deficits in the Super Bowl and won them. Brady is 1-1 in SBs versus 0-1 for Jimmy since he was traded. In short, Volin is a moron.

Once Krafty Bob cut Brown, Tom Brady began the metamorphosis into Sad Pouting Tom. I'm sure he's teammates loved being around him as he groused and hurrumphed his way through post game pressers after wins....
I think a question deserving debate is whether Brady still leaves after the Brown/massage parlour fiasco if Kraft doesn't abandon Brady on deflategate.

He deserved more than a 1 year deal. He deserved a commitment from the Patriots to end his career here. I guarantee you this: Brady will retire before his skills decline to below top 10 QB in this league. He would have done the same with the Patriots.

I love Brady just like the rest of Pats fans. I agree that he deserved some commitment more than the 1year deal he got. BUT, Looking at the facts, look at his stats from 2016 through 2018. Many of his stats started to decline which probably raised red flags for BB.

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Completion % down from 67.4 top 65.8
Yards per Attempt: 8.2 to 7.6
Passing Yards per Game: 296.2 to 272.2
Ints: 2 to 11

And yes, I'm counting 2019 as an aberration due to Gronk going, the O-line injury issues, the WR issues, and the TE issues. If I looked at them in a vacuum, then I'd say there was a large drop-off, but I'm not doing that.

How bill could trade Jimmy and let brady walk two seasons later is the issue here.

Not one sane individual can look at that objectively and say that bill didnt **** this up.

How bill could trade Jimmy and let brady walk two seasons later is the issue here.

Not one sane individual can look at that objectively and say that bill didnt **** this up.
So you want to take the sixth ring back?

I love Brady just like the rest of Pats fans. I agree that he deserved some commitment more than the 1year deal he got. BUT, Looking at the facts, look at his stats from 2016 through 2018. Many of his stats started to decline which probably raised red flags for BB.

And yes, I'm counting 2019 as an aberration due to Gronk going, the O-line injury issues, the WR issues, and the TE issues. If I looked at them in a vacuum, then I'd say there was a large drop-off, but I'm not doing that.
He could of not thrown a single completion all year and still should of gotten a 2 year 50mil deal. BB should of planned for it. I know it's very divided here on this issue but IMO he's an exception to the rule and should of been able to play out in NE if that's what he wanted. He's given us everything for 20 years.

Last edited:
I went to see him in SB51, his greatest game as a patriot. So happy I got the chance to see him on the big stage.
I was there as well and it's without a doubt the best night of my life and an all-time memory. I went to 3 games that year: Brady's first game back in Cleveland, the game in Pittsburgh and the Super Bowl. I've shared my story a couple times on here for why I went to SB51 but the tribute to my dad and seeing Brady/Pats come back from that deficit after the defamegate charade was just the perfect culmination of how sports are so great and meaningful. Tom's given us so many wonderful memories that can never be taken away.

I'll always love and appreciate you, Tommy! Until of course we face off against the Bucs in the Super Bowl ;)

That could also backfire miserably

If he fails then he has to deal with the he was only great because of BB and the system talk

He gave me 20 great years. Best of Luck to him
clearly it is a chance he is willing to take. He is super competitive and loves challenges

Brady won a mvp in that stretch, and went to all 3 superbowls.

Two of those seasons he was missing gronk or jules.

Bill never replenished the weapons on an elite level.

Bradys numbers reflected this

And yet, brady still did just fine comparatively speaking.

Bill is wrong on this one.

Greatest dynasty of all time has finally ended. 20 years of excellence we will never ever see again. I’ll cherish those memories forever.

We have been to multiple SBs and won an additional title. That is not "****ing it up".

There is no reason to believe that the same would have happened with JG. That is pure speculation.

If anything odds are JG would have been injured through some of that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes