PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady could see up to 1 year suspension?? WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but it doesn't say anything about doing anything after the refs approved them in the texts.

true, but you still can't deflate footballs after they have been approved by the Refs, even if the dumb refs pumped them to 16 PSI and tom wanted them deflated by mcnally to 12.5 (which is legal).

How is that on Tom???

You know you're not going to stop watching football...

If Brady is not playing due to some BS perpetrated by the league and now the media, I will not be watching anymore. Players faking injuries, QBs playing for PIs, secondary playing for PIs, referees determining outcomes of games, thugs, wife-beaters/rapists getting away with crime and still playing, has already turned me off. The NFL is turning to a joke. The only reason I'm still watching is because I want to see Brady and the Pats succeed. I believe he is innocent in this matter and if Kraft can't back him like he's suppose too, I'm gonna be done with him and his/NFL's agenda to attract more dollars and turn Manning into the GOAT, too.

I honestly would not surprised if BB wasn't just the slightest bit annoyed with Tom over this. After all, I think BB made it abundantly clear his disdain with players whining about ball conditions. All this ball must be exactly right crap looks especially dumb in light of how well Tom played with balls that were known to be properly inflated. So it's all this for what?

I'm not saying Tom did anything wrong. But it's like Cameragate…..sometimes the thoroughness of gaining whatever competitive edge just isn't worth the potential fallout. No one knew it could be so bad before Cameragate. But you can't make that argument now.

How is that on Tom???

true, that's where all the circumstantial evidence comes in and even that is debatable as to whether he knew about it or not.

Why would you punish yourself by giving up football?
You lose, and no one else is affected at all.
You might say I'm pissing in the ocean as far as making any difference in the grand scheme of things. You'd probably be correct.

What would I get for walking away from this sh*tshow? I'd keep my sanity for one thing.

What else? No football on Sunday plus no fantasy football during the week plus no longer wasting my time on football articles on the internet would probably net me 15-20 hours of extra free time/week. If that time is used productively, I'm probably much, much better off.

If I inspire 1-2 more NFL zombies to follow my lead . . . and if they inspire 1-2 people . . . and so forth and so on. . .

I see a few reference that the league (ie Godell) is in on this but fail to see why they would do such a thing. Anyone?

true, that's where all the circumstantial evidence comes in and even that is debatable as to whether he knew about it or not.

That's just it. There isn't even circumstantial evidence that Brady knew that the equipment guys might have messed with the footballs after they were inspected by the Refs.. Nothing in the Wells report comes close to saying such.

I think that thought is ludicrous, but I also think anything is possible with the lynch mob fever and The Dope as the judge and jury. He can appease the masses who have been calling for his head by just screwing the player, team, coach and owner everyone hates. And is also scared ****less of...

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Anything is possible in the Goodell Zone

That's just it. There isn't even circumstantial evidence that Brady knew that the equipment guys might have messed with the footballs after they were inspected by the Refs.. Nothing in the Wells report comes close to saying such.

Yes. The only thing the Wells report shows that Brady was generally aware of was that he hated the balls overinflated and asked to have them at the lowest possible legal psi. Nothing in it says anything about getting to that psi by tampering with the balls after the refs approve them.

I just hope to god he isn't even suspended one game.... I had planned on going to the opening night game to see Brady and the Pats play for the first time and now Brady might not be playing! Might have to unbook those days off......

Please, no circumstantial evidence whatsoever has yet to be present to support any wrongdoing by TB or the Pats. Wells may as well claim TB is the Boston Strangler because he lives in Boston. That's the type of "evidence" they have. Thus always has been nothing more than a witch hunt.

They won't suspend one of their biggest stars and the best QB of all time for an entire season over this silly nonsense.

true, but you still can't deflate footballs after they have been approved by the Refs, even if the dumb refs pumped them to 16 PSI and tom wanted them deflated by mcnally to 12.5 (which is in the legal range). tom should have gone to a pats official or the league to complain that the refs were overinflating them.

Uhhhh, not sure what you are talking about. My understanding is that entire conversation/texts occurred THE DAY AFTER THE [thur night] GAME!
when TB told the equipmt guy immediately after the game the balls were hard as rocks, and the equip guy texts on Friday 'TB was right [i just checked and ] they were at 16 psi'

So not sure where u r getting that TB told anybody to do something fter refs chk. Unless you have bought a roger go-to-hell ouija board

I was almost as big a fan of the Sox until the organization made me angry enough to stop following them. I definitely could stop following the Pats if pushed to that, although I hope that won't happen.
same here, when haywood sullivan and the sox screwed up by not mailing the contracts on fisk burlifson, and lynn out on time i stopped watching them. Oh i have tuned in from time to time, but nothing permanent. i think the same would happen with the pats especially if kraft doesn't step up and allowes the league to use his team as a pinata. I now work on sunday afternoon and would have to pay so i could watch it on-line, so it would be easier dropping them.

Wait! How can this be?
Why I remember Kraft referring to Brady as "like a son" and as "family". Surely he won't take this league front office attack passively!
i hope you forgot this.........:rolleyes:

beyond ridiculous

a little air was let out of a football, brady didnt kill anyone. josh brent still walked the dallas sidelines after killing his friend. wtf is wrong with the media in this dumb country?

....and the fans - they are screwed up too.

I posted something a lot like this at CowboysZone and the idiot fans just pile on me and another Patriot apologist, yet Staubach says the same thing (he is the one in Dallas that should be jealous, but he's not > http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/navy-ties-bind-bill-belichick-and-roger-staubach ) and they want his autograph! They play us only once every four years, so their Patriots Sucks threads are simply mental - they choose their own facts and BS...actually it's all BS. I don't go there as much, but want to rub in the SB, the game on Oct 18, and when the Pats have more trophies than the Cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST