PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady contract situation (Merged - UPDATED:Deal Done)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Stidham looks good. Not jumping the gun, just saying. If you think Jimmy annoyed Brady, we 'ain't seen nothing yet.
Yea but at least Jimmy was good looking. Going from TB to Jimmy would've been a good transition. Stye-ham is butt ugly. Jarrett? What kinda f**cked up name is that? Beverly hillbillies. Dude looks Ky inbred.

Over a 18 year period Tom has made $35m less than Peyton Manning- the king of me first ($247m v $212m)

I can guarantee you Tom wouldn't change places with him in a million years.

Fans who say, "We need to pay Tom" need to gain some perspective on how the man operates which is he wants to paid fairly but is willing to sacrifice a couple of bucks to win and have a great situation.
i'd pay him as long as hes capable of playing at a high Tom Brady level, if and when he can't then its time for him to retire or move on.

Right, and probably the Celtics don't regret keeping the Big Three together for those last couple years. The Red Sox are probably extremely happy they signed Dustin Pedroia to that huge multi year contract too. Brady is obviously not a liability now, and won't be one until he is. But I think it is foolish to throw huge multi year contracts at him, just because.

Apples and oranges. You’re talking about an eight year, fully guaranteed contract with Pedroia, and I don’t know what point is trying to be made about the Celtics, but the Big 3 was formed by mid-career free agency. A 2 year extension in the NFL, where a lot of money isn’t guaranteed, retirement voids non-signing bonus money, and you have the most legendary player of all-time?

Apples and oranges. You’re talking about an eight year, fully guaranteed contract with Pedroia, and I don’t know what point is trying to be made about the Celtics, but the Big 3 was formed by mid-career free agency. A 2 year extension in the NFL, where a lot of money isn’t guaranteed, retirement voids non-signing bonus money, and you have the most legendary player of all-time?
Actually, the Big Three were the result of trades.

Ok I will mark you down as Pro-sodomy.

While that was not at all what I said and assumes facts not in evidence as a rule ofc I am pro-sodomy. What remains to be determined is whether or not I would be pro Sodom. Without seeing some numbers or watching any film that is unknowable. You aren't Belichick, if you are going to put things out there you need to post something to back it up.

While that was not at all what I said and assumes facts not in evidence as a rule ofc I am pro-sodomy. What remains to be determined is whether or not I would be pro Sodom. Without seeing some numbers or watching any film that is unknowable. You aren't Belichick, if you are going to put things out there you need to post something to back it up.
Yawn

And 2/3 of that difference is directly tied to how their respective draft positions (#1 overall w/out the rookie wage scale vs 199th) influenced their initial contracts
Yup. The “Brady takes it for the team”/“Goober is all about me me me” salary narrative proves out to be almost totally false when you look at cash received after Brady renegotiated his rookie contract.

Friendly advice- You tend to be a bit over the top with your posts. @Jackson 2 is a well-respected poster. In looking at the convo I can understand his reaction.

Advice taken. But it was his reaction that was over the top. Not mine. Anyway. What difference does it make. Neither of us are responding to each other going forward.

It is uncanny how Styham so closely mirrors Andy Luck's retro looks of a Neanderthal man. The progression towards the bottom pic for both of these QBs is unmistakable.

SmartSelect_20190810-131726_Firefox.jpg

SmartSelect_20190810-131449_Firefox.jpg
caveman_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes