PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady breaking the MVP curse in 2021

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Kind of a warm take but I'll put it out there.

As we know, league MVP has not won the Super Bowl since 2000. I think Brady in 2021 has as good a chance as anyone since then to end that drought. Discuss.

Not sure how I feel about that. I don't want anyone besides us to repeat d@mmit lol. But this is Brady so if there's an exception to be made then it's him!

And if that happens - then I wonder if he will finally contemplate retirement. Might put the Bucs in a tough financial spot though so who knows.

Hopefully. It should have been done in 2017 but you know....
Yep.

I don't care about the strip sack. Doesn't take away from the greatest championship QB performance of all time.

Imagine Cam was the QB in that game? :eek:

Imagine Cam was the QB in that game?

You mean the same Cam that a few weeks before went for 350 yards 2 TD against the Saints in the SuperDome in the playoffs? His legs would have helped in that one. Especially on the pass Brady dropped

usatsi_10587881-e1536329034194.jpg

You mean the same Cam that a few weeks before went for 350 yards 2 TD against the Saints in the SuperDome in the playoffs? His legs would have helped in that one. Especially on the pass Brady dropped

The Eagles and their #1 ranked run defense would have taken Cam's lunch money and given him a wedgie.

When you have the GOAT it's silly to try trick plays like that. Blame McDaniels for that.

Maybe, I mean he is 44 years old. Crazy we are still having these discussions. But you can't count Brady out. He looks like he will have some awesome receivers so he might put up some big numbers.

I can see Brady and the Bucs repeating. I find it a lot more difficult to see Brady winning the MVP.

I'm very torn on if I want Brady to win the MVP or not this season! I'll just sit back and let the chips fall where they may!

I'm very torn on if I want Brady to win the MVP or not this season! I'll just sit back and let the chips fall where they may!
Come on man. Horseface won 5 from incessant lobbying. Atleast 2 and probably 3 were underserved. I want Brady to win his 4th at least.

Brady will also finally break the most Pro Bowls record (he really should have last season) when he gets his 15th nod. He's tied at 14 with 4 other guys right now.

RankPlayerPBYearsTm
1Tony Gonzalez+141997-20132TM
Peyton Manning+141998-20152TM
Bruce Matthews+141983-2001oti
Merlin Olsen+141962-1976ram
Tom Brady142000-2021nwe
6Drew Brees132001-20202TM
Jerry Rice+131985-20042TM
Reggie White+131985-20002TM
9Randall McDaniel+121988-20012TM
Will Shields+121993-2006kan
Junior Seau+121990-2009sdg
Jim Otto+121960-1974rai
Ray Lewis+121996-2012rav
Ken Houston+121967-19802TM
Champ Bailey+121999-20132T

I can see Brady and the Bucs repeating. I find it a lot more difficult to see Brady winning the MVP.
Josh Allen took a big hit on Sunday, I’d have to think Brady is pretty much the favorite right now, obviously a lot of season to go

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

How did that giant load in your mouth taste last February? Back for more, I see. You’re worse than the worst Jets fan.

If the Bucs win there is zero chance Brady retires. The chance to be the first to 3-peat will be too much.

I agree with DI that I can't see Brady winning the MVP unless everybody else falls off the map. I feel like they want to give it to a rising star like Murray to help keep him ascending once Brady has retired. That's who my money is on.

Jackson has an MVP. Mahomes is having a down year. Herbert and Prescott would have to pick it up in the second half. Stafford outside shot if he goes lights out but I think they would rather a younger guy.

If the Bucs win there is zero chance Brady retires. The chance to be the first to 3-peat will be too much.

I agree with DI that I can't see Brady winning the MVP unless everybody else falls off the map. I feel like they want to give it to a rising star like Murray to help keep him ascending once Brady has retired. That's who my money is on.

Jackson has an MVP. Mahomes is having a down year. Herbert and Prescott would have to pick it up in the second half. Stafford outside shot if he goes lights out but I think they would rather a younger guy.
Yeah....

I'm not invested in any take about the MVP. I just know that it tends to be a narrative award, and the media is pushing for a lot of narratives ahead of "Brady did it again".

I honestly don't know why this is referred to as a "drop" other than pundits taking a crack at Brady. Blame him for not running his route faster especially if he ran it faster in practice and for not getting to the ball a few feet quicker or blame him for not diving for the ball. But with where he was when the ball was there, it was a play that a heck of a lot of NFL receivers don't make. Probably nearly half of NFL receivers don't catch that ball either. Brady had injured hand and the ball went off of his finger tips. It would have been a spectacular catch if he made given where he was at.

Brady might get another MVP as a lifetime achievement award thing.

I’ve clicked on these a few times to marvel at now moronic Mike Tannenbaum is. This week, Kyler Murray starts at #4. He misses the game, and his stacked team puts up 31 points with Colt McCoy at QB. He jumps all the way to #1.

Aaron Rodgers misses a game, and the team scores 7 points. He drops from #1 to #3.

Lol

1636594863139.png

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back