Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It

Well worth the read.

At the beginning of each season, the Patriots run their players through a battery of strength, speed and agility testing similar to combine drills. The purpose is to measure how the players are declining. But the damndest thing is happening with Brady. In each of the past three years, he improved his test scores in every category, according to Guerrero.

Excellent article that leaves me more in awe of Brady than before if that is even possible. We are so fortunate to have him be the QB of the team we all root for.

I like hearing that some other Pats are working with Guerrero too, and maybe that has something to do with the improved health the Pats have enjoyed this year.

Last edited:
Guerro might have been a con man in the past, but every con starts with a core of truth. What Brady is doing at his age isn't a con. Clearly its the product of a lot of planning, thought, and strategy. But mostly it's the product of a LOT of hard work.

Brady is clearly the hardest working 39 year old athlete in professional sports, but what ultimately sets him apart from the rest is not his personal QB coach, or his professional body man, or his nutrition program, or even his rubber bands. It's all about his mind set. Think about the will it takes to work out twice a day IN THE OFF SEASON, and even more during it. Think about the mind set that has you thinking at this stage of a GOAT career that you are working to TO BE the starting QB, rather than you ARE the starting QB.

That kind of singular focus has to be the rarest of all athletic commodities. Because of it Brady gets to live every athletes unfullfilled dream. We all know, at least to a small degree, that day when your mind finally GETS IT, on or about the same day your body starts to fail. Because by the time the mind reaches it's full potential, the body has left the building. Well Brady is showing the entire NFL what can happen when a players mind reaches that potential and still has a body good enough to utilize it clost to its maximum.

Right now Brady is the lab rat for something that down the road a decade or two from now, could actually become quite extraordinary.....and not just for athletes Now there are 2o or so guys who follow Brady up to TB12 to work. How soon will bit be 50, and how soon after that will it be institutionalized into the football program itself.

Altogether pretty cool

"You can only work as hard as your ability to recover. I am confident in my process, and I feel there is not another 39-year old in the world that can recover faster than me. I have been blessed to learn the right methods, through my nutrition, hydration, pliability and proper rest. It's really not that hard if you do the right thing."

'There is not another 39-year old in the world that can recover faster than me'

I'm sorry but if you're in that locker room and can't get motivated to be better every day after hearing that s**t then you don't belong in New England

Tom ****ing Brady's coach said:
'Better or worse: What's it gonna be?'

Great line. Applicable to all stations of life.

TFB's not just someone to be in awe of, but also to inspire people. It's inspired me. I need to up my workout regimen. :confused:

Right now Brady is the lab rat for something that down the road a decade or two from now, could actually become quite extraordinary.....and not just for athletes Now there are 2o or so guys who follow Brady up to TB12 to work. How soon will bit be 50, and how soon after that will it be institutionalized into the football program itself.

All of your points are excellent, Ken, and I think this last one is prophetic!

Also, I loved the line in the article: "Brady's focus was on being a leader, not a martyr."

in the offseason, he trains with Guerrero six days a week, sometimes twice a day. During the season, it's three times a day.

Wow - this factoid really struck me. Hard to imagine working out 15-20 times per week... but then again I'm lazy :D

The man is a machine. Reading this and all the articles like it just leaves one in awe. It's not cheating, it's not HGH or steriods, it's just singular focus and determination almost unheard of by man. Can you imagine if you had made millions, were the most popular icon in your region, had family like his and STILL put in overtime to the tune of 2-3 workouts a day? **** makes me take a good look in the mirror and say you know that extra cupcake you grabbed or the extra helping of pasta oh yeah and that half a pizza....that's why you're no Tom Brady. Not to mention all the times books or video games have come before exercise. Just breathe taking and I am so proud to say he's my QB.

Then it goes one step further...can you imagine how you would feel if after all that work some silver spoon never done real work a day in his life lying marketing hack said all of that was due to your football's being less then a dollar bills worth of weight short on air? I would be cussing him out and dragging his name thru the mud every single chance I got. The World would know how angry I was on a daily if not hourly basis. Yet thru it all Tom has been nothing but Grace and class personified. I can freely admit Tom F'n Brady is a far far far FAR better man then me.

I think it's very naive to state it isn't PEDs. I think they all use some form of drug. Including Brady.

I think it's very naive to state it isn't PEDs. I think they all use some form of drug. Including Brady.
I would agree with you that 80+% of the league is on something to get an edge because human beings are not naturally that big that strong that fast. Tom is not a physical freak doing things no mortal man should be able to do. He is just trying a different approach focusing on flexibility and recovery instead of strength and power.

Having lifted weights I can tell you there is a world of difference in muscle types. If you lift 200 lbs 3 times then the next time 210 then 220 you get big impressive muscles that explode with power but can't sustain work very long. Most gym rats and football players focus on those. If you lift 50 lbs 20 times a day you get long lean muscle that can work all day long. That's very simplified but in essence what Brady is doing though taken to the 1000 degree.

So I gave you a disagree not on your basic point that everyone is on something cuz let's face it if Nink or Rodney are who isn't, but I actually do believe Brady is not.

The man won't touch caffeine, dairy, or whatever else might have ill effects on his body. I doubt he's pinning hgh/aas in the meantime

I used to believe as well : then in 1988 Ben Johnson beat everyone (including HGHers such as that phoney Carl Lewis) & I realized that I had been living in a fantasy world.

Guerro might have been a con man in the past, but every con starts with a core of truth. What Brady is doing at his age isn't a con. Clearly its the product of a lot of planning, thought, and strategy. But mostly it's the product of a LOT of hard work.

Brady is clearly the hardest working 39 year old athlete in professional sports, but what ultimately sets him apart from the rest is not his personal QB coach, or his professional body man, or his nutrition program, or even his rubber bands. It's all about his mind set. Think about the will it takes to work out twice a day IN THE OFF SEASON, and even more during it. Think about the mind set that has you thinking at this stage of a GOAT career that you are working to TO BE the starting QB, rather than you ARE the starting QB.

That kind of singular focus has to be the rarest of all athletic commodities. Because of it Brady gets to live every athletes unfullfilled dream. We all know, at least to a small degree, that day when your mind finally GETS IT, on or about the same day your body starts to fail. Because by the time the mind reaches it's full potential, the body has left the building. Well Brady is showing the entire NFL what can happen when a players mind reaches that potential and still has a body good enough to utilize it clost to its maximum.

Altogether pretty cool

Yes, but I go back to Rich Gannon. I believe he was the MVP in his late 30's and played great for Oakland the year they went to the playoffs. And the year after when they went to the Super Bowl and lost to Tampa Bay. The year after he took 1 hit at the goal line, neck injury. Career over.

Brady even if his body and mind hold up will still have to be lucky not to get hurt going into his 40's.

No really how does someone get stronger or more in shape as a pro athlete when approaching the age of 40? Not to question my man Brady but that seems .. ahem.. cough... strange.

Thanks to OP for posting, simply awesome read. All the elements TB12 incorporates into his life to be who and what he is quite incredible. Such focus, drive and dedication to his chosen profession.
The Brady 6 is still a motivating factor, but instead of a chip on his shoulder, Brady has now at this stage, a chip on both shoulders, he is so well balanced in his life.
We should all be so grateful as Patriot Football Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back