PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brad Stevens is getting pantsed

fightingirish595

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
His in game coaching leaves a lot left to be desired.

discuss. I think he should be fired

Last edited:
His in game coaching leaves a lot left to be desired.

discuss. I think he should be fired

Why should he be fired? He didn't turn the ball over, the players did.

Am I the only one to think Brad stole his offense from the Harlem Globetrotters?
Work the weave 27 ft out for 20 seconds and then hope his long distant shooter can hit the rim.
And, am I the only one who thinks Brad stole his “final shot in the quarter“ play from Doc Rivers, the most over rated coach in the league?
Have Tatum (Paul Pierce back in the day) dribble in place 30 ft out until there’s only 4 seconds left in the quarter, then step up for a 27 foot clanger.
Then there’s Brad’s absolute fear of obtaining offensive rebounds. His offensive rebounding strategy is clear: have his undersized German fight and fail alone under the backboard.
Then there’s Trader Danny who is absolutely fixated on tweener sized Mid first round draft picks that lack athleticism. Semi and Grant Williams have no upside yet Ainge can’t get enough of this body type.
All those draft picks playing in Portland ME, and likely never to help the team.
Why is Ainge so averse to taking a mid round flyer on a big.....or a bonafide college sniper?
Instead, he loves thick 6’7” non jumpers.
One thing we know, this team will be the exact same next year given the contracts and Ainge’s determination to prove to himself his approach is right?

Celtics have a great coach and outstanding GM. They are in a great place for both present and future. The only big criticism I have for Stevens is allowing the players to become idiots and play iso-ball whenever they get a comfortable lead, which I think will cost them a trip to the Finals. They did it against Toronto and barely escaped and now same thing against the Heat. They play absolutely stupid when they have a 10+ point lead and some of that style also rolls over to crunch time when it’s close. If they just ran their offense and stopped worrying about salting away the clock, or whatever they’re trying to do, they’d be up 3-1 right now.

Celtics have a great coach and outstanding GM. They are in a great place for both present and future. The only big criticism I have for Stevens is allowing the players to become idiots and play iso-ball whenever they get a comfortable lead, which I think will cost them a trip to the Finals. They did it against Toronto and barely escaped and now same thing against the Heat. They play absolutely stupid when they have a 10+ point lead and some of that style also rolls over to crunch time when it’s close. If they just ran their offense and stopped worrying about salting away the clock, or whatever they’re trying to do, they’d be up 3-1 right now.

evidently, the only thing Kyrie Irving was right about is that these guys don't yet know what it takes to be a champion.......now it's possible that Kyrie doesn't know outside of riding LeBron's coattails, but you don't typically see the age/talent makeup of the C's roster winning it all.

The C's are simply too adept at blowing games.......much does not have to change to have this series be a 4-0 sweep for the C's.......but that's why you play the games until 0:00

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back