PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne talking up Cam

Bourne must be so happy, he’s a number 4/5 WR on any other team in the nfl while he’s probably a number 2 in New England

who is our chief Wr scout?

Cam is interesting. He works hard, and guys want to play for him. He's a leader.

He's not Brady, but he's also not paid like Brady. Maybe we can win with him.

Cam is interesting. He works hard, and guys want to play for him. He's a leader.

He's not Brady, but he's also not paid like Brady. Maybe we can win with him.

maybe you can win the lottery!

newton is beyond horrible! That is not changing, but maybe a dominate running game can minimize the damage newton does in our offense!

his mechanics started out well and degraded by the end of the year. In the beginning of the year, I remember his mechanics looked good and we heard Josh McDaniels was working with him. by the end of the year, it was all down the toilet. Tom Brady went from 25TD's in 2019 to 40 TD's in 2020 a jump of 15 with new receivers. So, we cant totally discount the talent around Cam not having an effect on his play/stats.

Good post. You said it not me

I love how sure some people are that going into the Patriots system with no offseason, catching covid, an injury(?), and high school level receiving corps couldn't possibly explain Newton's struggles. I'm not even saying he played well last season after his return. But to act like there is no hope for improvement is.. interesting.
Repeated bounce passes to the outlet receiver speaks to a competence issue.

"I plan to catch all three of Cam's touchdown passes this season."
I'm pretty sure that Cam's passing TDs will be up this year now that he has more weapons. Unfortunately for us, his INTs may go up also. No matter what though, it's frustrating to think that the Pats may waste another year of a very solid defense by having a below average QB. They sure didn't seem prepared to move on from Brady.

Let me guess, covid, injuries, lack of knowledge of the routes, lack of trust in the receivers to win routes, lowered confidence in general, etc. couldn't possibly contribute to any poor throws, right? Still managed a 65.8% rate so those haunting images in your head of balls hitting the dirt might be a bit overblown.
There were receivers open all over the field if you re-watch the games. Scam, A- couldn't find them, B- couldn't hit then if he did find them.

I don't think he has more than a 50-50 chance that even be on the roster opening day.

Devonta Smith @ 15.

That would be a game changer and open the pass offense up for Cam. RB,TE and WR totally overhauled from 2020.

Just sayin.

maybe you can win the lottery!

newton is beyond horrible! That is not changing, but maybe a dominate running game can minimize the damage newton does in our offense!
To be fair, that dominate running game is just a solid one without a QB that can run with the power of Cam.

Devonta Smith @ 15.

That would be a game changer and open the pass offense up for Cam. RB,TE and WR totally overhauled from 2020.

Just sayin.
I could live with that, but I am hoping for a stud on the defensive side of the ball.

Nah what does a pro NFL Wr know at all about football and what it takes to be a good QB.

All the experts on this board have made it clear Cam is trash so C can't possibly be the QB for this year
fully convinced Cam was hurt last year (shoulder/arm). I expect better play from him this year

I could live with that, but I am hoping for a stud on the defensive side of the ball.

I'd be fine with either, I just feel like defense is more in Belichick's wheelhouse to pick in the first round.

That said, I almost feel like we're going OT in round 1... Wynn's option comes after this year (and has injury concerns), Brown is on a 1-year deal, and our top swing tackle is Herron, who still has a lot to prove. It wouldn't be sexy, but a long term OT would have value for this team.

fully convinced Cam was hurt last year (shoulder/arm). I expect better play from him this year
Exactly, I'm excited to see what Cam can do with a full off-season program and McDaniels better knowing Cam's strength's and weaknesses.

I'm not opposed to a better option either

There were receivers open all over the field if you re-watch the games. Scam, A- couldn't find them, B- couldn't hit then if he did find them.

I don't think he has more than a 50-50 chance that even be on the roster opening day.
65.8% completion rate disagrees with you. I had time to watch only a little bit of film breakdown from the games last season. Definitely did not see receivers open all over the field in that limited time. But, if you can demonstrate that the vast majority of Cam's ~160 unsuccessful dropbacks (incompletions and sacks) were directly his fault when the rest of the offense did their job, then I might have to agree with you and accept that even a year in the system, an offseason of recovery, no covid, and a far better supporting cast might not translate to solid production.

I love how sure some people are that going into the Patriots system with no offseason, catching covid, an injury(?), and high school level receiving corps couldn't possibly explain Newton's struggles. I'm not even saying he played well last season after his return. But to act like there is no hope for improvement is.. interesting.
That doesn’t explain his inability to throw a 5 yard pass, which he missed all season long. It look Ike’s like he was throwing with the wrong arm. I don’t think his problem is arm strength, I think it’s his mechanics and inability to find holes in defenses on big downs. Great athlete, but I felt like he failed in the most important aspects of a QB’s job, move the chains, don’t turn it over, score. If they don’t find anyone better I’ll still root for him to magically change and succeed, but I hope they have more options that Newton by the timer he season rolls around.

Good God, 1960Pats and cscirpoli, will the two of you stop bickering! You're reinforcing every single negative stereotype about New England sports fans.

Cscirpoli, you should know better than start bringing police brutatity into a vapid argument about crappy QBs. Race baiting on a football forum? Your conspicious wokeness is better served on other forums. Cut the crap!

1960Pats, are you friggin serious defending Derek Chauvin? Have you no shame? Even if I did believe Floyd was guilty of anything more than being black on a Tuesday, I'd have more self-respect than to profess it to the world. PM me if you need a crowbar to help pry your kneecap out of your mouth.

Best fans in the world? We're a katty, thankless, self-absorbed joke.

I like this kid. We already know where his loyalty lies and it's not with Stynum. Lmao

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back