PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne: Locker room was kind of a toxic place the last 2 years

IMHO Kendrick Bourne was part of the toxic atmosphere. First week of training camp he was complaining about Patricia. Instead of accepting the offensive changes, he implied the coaches were a problem. For a guy that flashes but can't stay healthy or keep his mouth shut, he wouldn't be high on my list.
He pushed back because Patricia and Judge were not fit to run an NFL offense and he was 100% correct. They put him in the dog house, their offense stunk. He gets his playing time back next season is our best receiver again before tearing his ACL.

They benched our best receiver for most of the season because he didn’t fall in line behind incompetence. That was serious malpractice.

Bourne is a good player and teammate. I doubt any of the guys would accuse KB of being “toxic”. I commend him for how he handled the injustice of his benching. He never pouted or complained which was well within his right IMO. He returned the following season with a positive attitude and after all of the BS still wanted to be here.

KB is the type of culture guy we should want more of and that’s another reason why I like him.

He is the polar opposite of toxic.

Last edited:
IMHO Kendrick Bourne was part of the toxic atmosphere. First week of training camp he was complaining about Patricia. Instead of accepting the offensive changes, he implied the coaches were a problem. For a guy that flashes but can't stay healthy or keep his mouth shut, he wouldn't be high on my list.
He's not on my list but not for the reasons you stated. We need dynamic skill players. We're already stuck w/ Parker and JuJu. I'm hoping with the new scheme these two veterans will be able to produce more freely. In FAcy need to sign a true WR#1. Bourne isn't it. Pass.

Everyone is talking. Lol

Unfortunately for the IBWTers the truth can be a cruel thing. And the truth is that Bill set this team so far back on offense that it looked like he did it on purpose. And now that he's gone the players are speaking up.

One of the Pats losses to the Giants Tom Coughlin was because he smoothed out his hard line stance and had a meeting with the Giant players. That turned a lousy season into a championship and is something that Bill would never do.

Do you have a reference for that? I don't see his leading the league in Dropped passes per target percentage for any of the SF years. Yeah, it was relatively high, but a lot of really good players were up there as well.

That being said - I mostly agree with you. Torn ACL? Sorry I'd prefer not to have him back. It's not like Kupp with an ACL coming back.

I posted the link on this site twice a few years back, but can not find it. Looking at these numbers you are correct it doesn't look like league leader.

Still Bourne drops the ball a lot.

Everyone is talking. Lol

They held it together pretty goddamned well this year, I don't think talking about it now is as big of a deal as it would have been in, say, October, through anonymous sources close to the team or whatever.

They had 3 or 4 games where if the QB had just thrown the ball in the dirt every play, they would have won.

It's not about liking, but I hope he goes elsewhere.

Bourne is careless with the ball, drops passes, and was the poster person for unhappy players. And even though he's an NFL receiver, Bourne is nothing special.

Unless Bourne is coming back on a prove it to me deal, a change of scenery is best for everyone.

Well that's a little harsh, imo. But that being said, I don't want him back here, either. He would have been the perfect player back in the Brady days. A guy that could put you over the top, add a little extra, etc... He's not a building block type of guy and I'd rather use the roster spot for a young player with potential.

A guy that could put you over the top, add a little extra, etc... He's not a building block type of guy and I'd rather use the roster spot for a young player with potential.

Agreed. Jabbar Gafney or Donte Stallworth.

Not an expensive piece (even 3-4 million over a few seasons) for a rebuild.

They held it together pretty goddamned well this year, I don't think talking about it now is as big of a deal as it would have been in, say, October, through anonymous sources close to the team or whatever.

They had 3 or 4 games where if the QB had just thrown the ball in the dirt every play, they would have won.
He should have studied film of Cant Newton in 2020.

Toxic locker room? Suspect number 1? Trent Brown.

The guy who shows up out of shape, plays erratically, and gives off “F this” vibes in practice. Bill should have been more old school with this malcontent.

Toxic locker room? Suspect number 1? Trent Brown.

The guy who shows up out of shape, plays erratically, and gives off “F this” vibes in practice. Bill should have been more old school with this malcontent.
The problem was that Bill didn’t do anything to give himself a backup option. Trent Brown could’ve been the worst ******* and they still couldn’t have benched him because he is a legitimate starting LT, when he tries. We had no option that’s on Bill.

The problem was that Bill didn’t do anything to give himself a backup option. Trent Brown could’ve been the worst ******* and they still couldn’t have benched him because he is a legitimate starting LT, when he tries. We had no option that’s on Bill.
People fall in love with his size and fail to take into account his attitude and motivation problems. BB even tried to show him "love" by giving him more money and it didn't work.

Not a surprise at all that to have a toxic locker room on a team with so many losses. The question then becomes.....

"Were they losing because of the culture, or did the culture surface because of the losing?"

I honestly don't know. With this particular team, I could see it going either way. After all, I do think the tension between BB and Mac was palpable, and when your two figure heads of the team aren't connecting I'm sure it has negative consequences.

After saying things like that, if I am the GM he is out. What happens in the building stays in the building.

After saying things like that, if I am the GM he is out. What happens in the building stays in the building.
I agree. Say good-bye.

I agree. Say good-bye.
That’s like watching your captain steer the ship into an iceberg and saying nothing because who are you to ever question the captain?

He was answering a question. He never even attacked Bill or Patricia in the slightest. He just admitted a plain truth about how things were. The truth hurts but at least he is willing to say it openly rather than anonymously tell the reporter. It’s honestly laughable that you guys think he is out of line.

That’s like watching your captain steer the ship into an iceberg and saying nothing because who are you to ever question the captain?

He was answering a question. He never even attacked Bill or Patricia in the slightest. He just admitted a plain truth about how things were. The truth hurts but at least he is willing to say it openly rather than anonymously tell the reporter. It’s honestly laughable that you guys think he is out of line.
Try that with your job. Im sure your employer wolud be delighted...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back