PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne: Locker room was kind of a toxic place the last 2 years

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

“It was just two years of roughness, of kind of rebuilding, of trying to find who we were, and I think it was kind of a toxic place,” Bourne told Gelb. “People pointing the fingers and things like that in the locker room. Not too bad, but you could feel the energy.”

Adds validity to what Slater was saying a while back about the locker room. Hard to win with that environment. Interesting choice of words too.. "kind of rebuilding".

It's a new era and the clock restarts now.

Why does Bourne want to come back again?
Going to any other team wouldn’t be much different for him.
Unless he has roots he’s put down in New England.
I bet he goes to a team like KC.

It will be hard for him to go to another team due to his injury. No one will want to pay him big money until they know he can still play at his previous level.

This is it. Whatever other people think, it’s plain and obvious that the players are psyched for Mayo as HC.
I have said that for many months but got mostly push back ...
Hate the we should have interviewed more candidates meme.
Just like a good free agent where it is said "Don't let him out the door" ...

I like Bourne ... hope he stays.

It's not about liking, but I hope he goes elsewhere.

Bourne is careless with the ball, drops passes, and was the poster person for unhappy players. And even though he's an NFL receiver, Bourne is nothing special.

Unless Bourne is coming back on a prove it to me deal, a change of scenery is best for everyone.

Bourne is careless with the ball, drops passes, and was the poster person for unhappy players. And even though he's an NFL receiver, Bourne is nothing special.

Unless Bourne is coming back on a prove it to me deal, a change of scenery is best for everyone.
Rated the 11th best WR free agent by 2024.
Not so shabby ... I think a friendly deal keeps him here ... decent 3rd/4th WR option.

Rated the 11th best WR free agent by 2024.
Not so shabby ... I think a friendly deal keeps him here ... decent 3rd/4th WR option.

Like I said, if it's a prove it to me deal, which I think he will receive better, then OK.

Bourne's not a jag, but he's not a difference maker.

I'd rather we sign one of the other 10.

He’s the best receiver on our roster. Why not bring him back if he wants to on a reasonable contract?

He’s the best receiver on our roster. Why not bring him back if he wants to on a reasonable contract?

He's not.

Douglas is a better player with far more upside.

More upside absolutely but not yet a better player. We’ll see in September. Pre-injury KB was our best receiver last season.

We disagree, but that's ok.

The team is already stuck with enough 3/4 WR's. Unless we can find a trading partner for Parker, Ju Ju and Parker are almost uncuttable, and by your standards Douglas is a 3 currently.

I'm not against a very team friendly invite, but the Patriots really don't need adding more aging 3/4's. Especially with a player who can't keep his thoughts to himself.

More upside absolutely but not yet a better player. We’ll see in September. Pre-injury KB was our best receiver last season.
Pre injury JuJu would be our best receiver too just saying.

Don’t underestimate what a young black ex-player HC means to some.

Were were lacking a WR leader ... apparent all year.

Last edited:
First he says: "It was kind of a toxic place". Then he says later: "It's a great environment for a person like me".

Some of these players get caught up in being too PC, but just end up contradicting themselves.

Mike McDaniel could reach out to him as he is familiar with him during their time in SF. He would be a great fit there and fill the role he did in SF patrolling the middle of the field and moving the sticks on 3rd down. They need someone to do the dirty work in the middle of the field.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back