PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bourne: Locker room was kind of a toxic place the last 2 years

Try that with your job. Im sure your employer wolud be delighted...
The employer responsible was fired in case you didn’t realize. He is free to speak now.

If IIRC that season Kraft was reported to have personally stepped in to intervene on Bill & Patricia dog housing Bourne. Seems that the big boss agreed with him.

The employer responsible was fired in case you didn’t realize. He is free to speak now.

If IIRC that season Kraft was reported to have personally stepped in to intervene on Bill & Patricia dog housing Bourne. Seems that the big boss agreed with him.
No. The employer is the "New England Patriots Football Team" or whatever it is. The GM was fired and has npthing to do with what we are discussing here. If you act like that once you can do it again. You do not speak publicy that way whatever the circumstances.. Period.

No. The employer is the "New England Patriots Football Team" or whatever it is. The GM was fired and has npthing to do with what we are discussing here. If you act like that once you can do it again. You do not speak publicy that way whatever the circumstances.. Period.
No it’s not “Period”. That’s not how it operates throughout the NFL and professional sports. Players speak out all the time and directly, singling out coaches and even getting them fired.

You act like Kendrick Bourne committed a grave sin by noting that the obvious fact that the locker room wasn’t doing good during a 4-13 season.

That’s not how it operates throughout the NFL and professional sports. Players speak out all the time and directly, singling out coaches and even getting them fired.
Excellent. Now I know how Patriots won 6 SB in 20 years. Free !!! Everybody !!!!

Excellent. Now I know how Patriots won 6 SB in 20 years. Free !!! Everybody !!!!
So you’ve got nothing to say that counters the fact that professional sports players speak out when things aren’t going well. Gotcha, thanks.

So you’ve got nothing to say that counters the fact that professional sports players speak out when things aren’t going well. Gotcha, thanks.
What I have to say is that functional organizations do not allow that. And that disfunctional organization allow or encourage that. And that that kind of behaviour is a cause of disfunction. Not an effect of bad situations. It produces and multiply bad situazions. And it should be eradicated to have a functional organization. As it was done for 20 years in a certain place you should know something about ...

Why does Bourne want to come back again?
Going to any other team wouldn’t be much different for him.
Unless he has roots he’s put down in New England.
I bet he goes to a team like KC.
He wouldn't have the same role and impact on another team. He wouldn't be as valued elsewhere. He said himself he wanted to be part of the rebuild he wanted to be here when it all comes together.

This. Now that Bill is gone, all these players feel like a weight has been lifted from their shoulders and they can be candid. It's not just Bourne, Jonathan Jones and Judon just spoke up in the last day. We know Mac, Jack, Wynn, Trent, and others have spoken up the last few years. It's been a **** show since Slater made those cryptic comments about the lockerroom.

Bill's hard ass, old school way of running things was no longer working. Especially when he didn't have an alpha like Tom taking his brutal hits in front of the guys, to keep them compliant.

By all accounts, the players are excited and supportive of Mayo. Mayo has their pulse and will be able to get them to perform w/o having to resort to archaic methods. That's not to say he won't chew their ass off when warranted. I have no problem w/ players speaking up, having a personality in public instead of being robotic. These guys are men with families doing a job no different than any of us. They still need to "do their jobs" but the "no days off" ******** is over.

What I have to say is that functional organizations do not allow that. And that disfunctional organization allow or encourage that. And that that kind of behaviour is a cause of disfunction. Not an effect of bad situations. It produces and multiply bad situazions. And it should be eradicated to have a functional organization. As it was done for 20 years in a certain place you should know something about ...
Well, that approach didn't work the last 4 seasons. In fact, that approach created a dysfunctional organization. Why?

1. The team leader walked out the door and there was no plan to replace him. Slatter is not the guy.
2. W/o the guy in the lockerroom to keep others in line, the old school approach was ineffective w/ younger players, resulting in poor performance.

It's like being tyranical w/ teenage kids, not allowing them to have phones, SM, etc. Or working w/ them by setting boundaries to build trust, responsibility & cooperation.

Well, that approach didn't work the last 4 seasons. In fact, that approach created a dysfunctional organization.
I disagree. A dysfunctional organization was created by a long series of big mistakes. And you do not resolve the problem allowing everybody to do what they want. That only worsen the situation.

I disagree. A dysfunctional organization was created by a long series of big mistakes. And you do not resolve the problem allowing everybody to do what they want. That only worsen the situation.

Old school management w/ young players ---> unmotivated players ----> made many mistakes -----> poor performance ----> led to loses -------> created divisions -------> turned to dysfunctional lockerroom.

No it’s not “Period”. That’s not how it operates throughout the NFL and professional sports. Players speak out all the time and directly, singling out coaches and even getting them fired.

Yes, your best players. So while Matt Judon might get a pass, a 3/4 receiver should keep his mouth shut.

Ignoring the past two seasons, now Bourne is all over the news concerning his advice for drafting the right college QB. So if midway through the season the team's different choice is struggling, who can trust he'll keep his mouth shut?

Why would the rebuild need that from a 500 yard WR?

Yes, your best players. So while Matt Judon might get a pass, a 3/4 receiver should keep his mouth shut.

Ignoring the past two seasons, now Bourne is all over the news concerning his advice for drafting the right college QB. So if midway through the season the team's different choice is struggling, who can trust he'll keep his mouth shut?

Why would the rebuild need that from a 500 yard WR?
Bourne is “all over the news”? That’s dramatic and you know it. He had an interview, answered a few questions, there’s probably a few brief local articles. I swear you guys act like he just sinned in the most egregious way, broke the trust of the locker room and offended the organization.

Just stick to your argument that he’s not a good player on the field and that’s why you want him gone. The part about him answering some questions is a frigging ridiculous take. Bourne is liked and respected outside of a few fans who think they know what the locker room and organization care about. Bill is gone, that attitude about it being wrong to have an opinion is gone.

Bourne is “all over the news”?

I can post more.

I can post more.
So what? Patriots websites link a comment about him thinking it would be cool if Jayden Daniels comes here. It doesn’t mean he is going to rage or complain if it’s Drake Maye. You guys are being super anal over this.

So what? Patriots websites link a comment about him thinking it would be cool if Jayden Daniels comes here. It doesn’t mean he is going to rage or complain if it’s Drake Maye. You guys are being super anal over this.

We know Bourne and Mac are close. I don't know why Mayo would want to deal with that risk considering Bourne's mouth, until Mac is at least gone.

It's a rebuild, so it's most important everyone is on the same page. Douglas (maybe Boutte) are the only WR worth moving forward with.

BTW SI is national.

We know Bourne and Mac are close. I don't know why Mayo would want to deal with that risk considering Bourne's mouth.

BTW SI is national.
It’s the “Patriots Country” sub page of Sports Illustrated. Either way it’s irrelevant.

According to you, you get better by employees saying nothing and allowing things to get worse and worse and worse and worse and worse.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back