PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Bruins vs the Pittsburgh Penguins series

Yes :couch2:.... :kev:

I need an IV drip :faint:... I'm dehydrated .... :drum::bump2:

On to game IV .... :car:

Last edited:
GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:rocker::rocker::D

good try pitt....great effort..you are this close to being swept...bums :D:D

CJ just said it doesn't look good for campbell

You gotta give some credit to Pitt, begrudgingly. They were embarrassed in the first 2 games - prolific offense scoring 1 goal in 6 periods. The offense still did not come through for them, however, they gave it a 110 percent tonight. With that said, F 'em! Just one more to give those punks what they deserve :D

You gotta give some credit to Pitt, begrudgingly. They were embarrassed in the first 2 games - prolific offense scoring 1 goal in 6 periods. The offense still did not come through for them, however, they gave it a 110 percent tonight. With that said, F 'em! Just one more to give those punks what they deserve :D
I thought Pittsburgh was very good tonight. They looked decidedly faster than Boston tonight. That said, Boston's D, especially the use of their sticks is causing massive problems for Pittsburgh most noticeably during their Power Play.

The Bruins are showing true grit and championship winning determination. Let's hope they can sweep the Penguins and get some much needed rest for the Blackhawks or Kings (who hopefully play 7).

im sorry but nobody has to give pitt any credit. they don't respect anybody or any team but there own. all you have to do is read there post game coments. aren't they the supposed super team that the media idiots crowned as kings of hockey? f them. they are a bunch of arrogant jerks. just one more game one more. a writer for si.com picked pitt in 5 games. his name is allan muir. tell me what kind of dope would pick pitt in 5 games? I can see somebody picking pitt to win the series but 5 games? didn't the bruins win the cup just two years ago with practically the same team? I emailed this clown and laughed at him for such a dumb pick. what a total lack of respect. you have to wonder if hes seen a bruins game. I was surprised to see he emailed me back.

im sorry but nobody has to give pitt any credit. they don't respect anybody or any team but there own. all you have to do is read there post game coments. aren't they the supposed super team that the media idiots crowned as kings of hockey? f them. they are a bunch of arrogant jerks. just one more game one more. a writer for si.com picked pitt in 5 games. his name is allan muir. tell me what kind of dope would pick pitt in 5 games? I can see somebody picking pitt to win the series but 5 games? didn't the bruins win the cup just two years ago with practically the same team? I emailed this clown and laughed at him for such a dumb pick. what a total lack of respect. you have to wonder if hes seen a bruins game. I was surprised to see he emailed me back.

Fair enough in regards to calling it "respect". How about it was noticeable that the Pens knew the gravity of their situation and they played with everything they could muster to try and keep that nightmare scenario from happening. Is recognizing and stating how they played last night akin to saying they are a swell bunch of guys? No....
As far as what some/many of the experts said about the series and the lack of due given the Bruins.....the world is full of dumb ass sportswriters who have an opinion. And to be fair, the Bruins needed a jaw dropping come back to advance while the Pens were PP/offensive monsters. I don't know that i can fault any "expert" for thinking the Pens were the better team and would win the series in 5 or 6 games.......even dumb ass sportswriters.

I thought Pittsburgh was very good tonight. They looked decidedly faster than Boston tonight. That said, Boston's D, especially the use of their sticks is causing massive problems for Pittsburgh most noticeably during their Power Play.

The Bruins are showing true grit and championship winning determination. Let's hope they can sweep the Penguins and get some much needed rest for the Blackhawks or Kings (who hopefully play 7).

Aus, I have to admit that I wanted the Blackhawks to win their game 3 and sweep, like the Bruins, their series. I am in Chicago next week and was hoping the cup series would begin on a day I could see a game.
Damn I really am the typical self absorbed fan :bricks:

Aus, I have to admit that I wanted the Blackhawks to win their game 3 and sweep, like the Bruins, their series. I am in Chicago next week and was hoping the cup series would begin on a day I could see a game.
Damn I really am the typical self absorbed fan :bricks:
Pittsburgh is every bit as good as Chicago. Watching the Bruins handle their very best tonight confirmed to me that Boston is good enough to win it all this season. I was looking at it from (the opposite spectrum) to you in that the Bruins can beast on the road and I wouldn't mind them resting up given the brutality of playoff hockey (and the LA-Chicago round trip). Either way, 3-0 is a brilliant position.

It is being reported that Campbell broke his leg... which adds to this legendary performance...

OTOH holy crapola who would've figured this..

It is being reported that Campbell broke his leg... which adds to this legendary performance...

Heart of a champion.
A non goal alltime Stanley cup moment.
Outstanding courage for a sports moment.

I heard that about Campbell this morning coming into work on Sirius. It gave me goose bumps. After hearing that the Pens are all but done.

The B's are gonna come out swarming tomorrow night. Much better game by the Pens but the Bruins are just too good.

Albeit we all remember 2010 and what the Flyers did to this team.

I hope the Bruins give their fans a treat tomorrow night by punching their ticket to the Cup Finals. They deserve it. They are the better team. They took Pittsburgh's best and came out the other side.

Campbell's old man would be proud of his boy. Cherry will be all over that on Coaches Corner tomorrow night. A Canadian kid...playing in Boston, breaking his leg blocking a shot to help get his team to the finals. He's gonna be gushing over him.

The B's are better, they deserve to be up 3-0 and they deserve the series.

If I were them I would think Chicago would be who I would want...not that they would admit that. Quick is no Vokoun.

One of the better games I have seen in a while...great job by the Bruins team.

Fair enough in regards to calling it "respect". How about it was noticeable that the Pens knew the gravity of their situation and they played with everything they could muster to try and keep that nightmare scenario from happening. Is recognizing and stating how they played last night akin to saying they are a swell bunch of guys? No....
As far as what some/many of the experts said about the series and the lack of due given the Bruins.....the world is full of dumb ass sportswriters who have an opinion. And to be fair, the Bruins needed a jaw dropping come back to advance while the Pens were PP/offensive monsters. I don't know that i can fault any "expert" for thinking the Pens were the better team and would win the series in 5 or 6 games.......even dumb ass sportswriters.
so they came back against the leafs in game seven. I don't get your point. that's a negative? that makes them a better team and a team worthy of even more respect not less. I don't fault anybody for picking the pens but picking the pens in five games is absolutely stupid. you cant watch hockey and the bruins and come to the conclusion that they would go down in five games to any team including pitt. so ya I fault anybody who would make such a silly uninformed pick. the bruins just won the cup two years ago with the same team minus a couple of players and won three game sevens doing so. five games my ass.

2292.png

They will miss his faceoffs. Sucks but the team played so well after his 1 min on the ice last night after breaking his leg.

Will they sweep friday guys? Pitt is mentally drained. Gave their best effort and still lost :rocker:

They will miss his faceoffs. Sucks but the team played so well after his 1 min on the ice last night after breaking his leg.

Will they sweep friday guys? Pitt is mentally drained. Gave their best effort and still lost :rocker:

a sweep would be nice but who is going to take soupies place? sodoberg or daugavins? and kudos to jager. what a great play he made on the board to get marchand the puck. what a great pick up. hes a puck magnet and a bull dog out there. a great example for the whole team. hes the 2013 version of mark recchi .

a sweep would be nice but who is going to take soupies place? sodoberg or daugavins? and kudos to jager. what a great play he made on the board to get marchand the puck. what a great pick up. hes a puck magnet and a bull dog out there. a great example for the whole team. hes the 2013 version of mark recchi .

I think they will be able to mix and match on his line to still be effective. Still a very dangerous team even without him. Rask is so dam good. Going to get a nice contract after this run

I think they sweep them. I see chicago winning tonight then winning at home since LA is horrific on the road

I think they will be able to mix and match on his line to still be effective. Still a very dangerous team even without him. Rask is so dam good. Going to get a nice contract after this run

I think they sweep them. I see chicago winning tonight then winning at home since LA is horrific on the road

ya rask is gonna get paid and he is well worth it. can you imagine if harry sinden was still running this team. he would let him walk lolol. im telling you I am loving this bruins team and this playoff run so much. its a blast. they play so hard and grind out every shift. they are doing themselves and the city proud. a blackhawks bruins series would be awesome. 2 original 6 teams going at it for lord stanley's cup. you know whats great also is the way the NHL is covered. such a big difference compared to other sports. there is no hype needed. playoff hockey speaks for itself. and there is no chest pumping and self promotion by the players something I appreciate. hockey players are the best.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back