PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges "James White had no role"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What role was he suppose to have when Edelman and Hogan combined for 17 catches, 298 yards, 3 TD

Clearly he and Lewis were both supposed to have TDs too, in which case he would have wrote about how Bennett did nothing so he was supposed to have a TD too.

Basically, it's just shameful that we didn't drop 60 on the Steelers.

I am very glad we have white on this team. Anybody who doubts him is not watching the patriots games close enough,

Bob Ryan knows nothing about football. He's a basketball guy. As it just to happens, most of the basketball and baseball guys in Boston seem weirdly resentful of the Pats, and he's no exception.
he is not even a sports guy

...which IS why a guy like DA sees the field (and gets the ball) in huge spots : TB & BB know he can be trusted.

James White had two specific roles on the Patriots. The first was to catch the most passes in a Super Bowl ever. The second was to make Ron Borges look like an idiot. The first was much, much harder than the second.

Last edited:
Borges isn't even worth reading, just like Felger and Mazz aren't worth listening to. They make their living trying to stir up controversy--not worth the time. Ryan just has slanted opinions against the Patriots for some reason--not sure what that is, but he's not worth reading either. Shaughnessy...same.

The Patriots should have drafted David Terrell not Richard Seymour.

Bledsoe over Brady.

James White has no role.

Ronnie is batting a thousand. If he could predict Gronk will never be healthy for a full season again followed by the Patriots have won their last Super Bowl I'll need a box of tissues.

The irony here is that the guy who doesn't have a role is WRONG BORGES, who history has proven to be WRONG again.

Why would anyone read a thing he writes. He doesn't have a lot of fooball knowledge despite decades of covering the game. He as zero contacts within the entire Patriots organization, so he can't provide his "readers" with any insights, other than the obvious points anyone can make or those that fit his anti-Pats/Kraft agenda. There are 100's of posters here who could easily do his job. (as long as they have an editor to correct spelling and grammar mistakes. ;) ) And most, would probably be a vast improvement.

Last edited:
Those tweets by Bob Ryan a few posts back really make a case for his nurse to take the Twitter Machine away from him. I hear doing crossword puzzles is good therapy for folks in his condition.

OK Mr Ryan, sadly, it's time.
Exactly. Have you noticed he changed his profile pic to an animation? No age spots, no wrinkles. LOL. He's so old and ugly he has to be a cartoon. LOL. Loser. How does he like his crow served? I recommend a nice Merlot.:cool:

What should be fun for someone on this team is the knowledge that someday, it might be you. In the AFCGC, it was Hogan and in the SB, White. I don't think anyone predicted those two people having the most important days in the playoffs.

I watched that Top 10 Patriots players show and realized I'd never seen Borges before. Was he a mortician at one time? Brrr....

Ryan's fastball is down to about 30mph nowadays.
Borges' hovers at about 40mph.
Both should have fully retired a few years back.

why? They both have the sweetest gigs of all time: no nuanced thinking needed, no great effort, virtually unaccountable, never be fired.
They're like silver spoon trust fund babies, no matter how little they do or how dumb they act next month's check is already in the mail.

They're staying until the day their hips give out.

We won, again. The ring's the thing.
Everyone else can suck it.

I get that the media are paid to express their opinions.

That said, the way they go about it they are the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

A little bit of knowledge and they start equating their opinions as factual and themselves as the equal or near equals of true lifelong experts like Belichick.

bertrand-russell-dunning-kruger-effect.jpg

The perpetually pessimistic are just as biased in their self-delusion and biases as the homers they love to pretend they are so superior to.
Shouldn't this posting be in the philosophy forum?

Wow, that tweet storm by Ryan...just wow.

This Pats team has few flaws. They are good everywhere on the field.

If Ryan backed off after the Ravens game.. I wouldn't have a problem with him, but I use to like Ryan.. Now I can't stand the guy. He is another Patriot hater. He wasn't always like that.

The Pats had an easy schedule up until the Baltimore game. After Baltimore, Denver and Miami in Miami.. and you were still crapping on the Patriots then you definitely have an agenda.

I thought the Pats D kinda sucked early/middle of the year, teams at 1 point could pass down field on them.. And they weren't very good teams. But towards the end the season the defense got better and you could see it. Didn't matter who they were playing.

Ol' Ronnie forgets that Coach sees every player as a single resource, and bundles certain ones together as a team based upon which opponent New England is facing that particular week.

In the Military, we would refer to White as a "force multiplier" last weekend. He didn't get any touches (IIRC) but he added a great deal to the blocking scheme, both in protecting TFB, and helping the other RB's get open. His value was greater in that position than as an RB, for THAT particular game. He increased the overall strength of the O-Line by his support out of the backfield. That'd why he was used in that manner.

Come the SB? Who knows what Coach will dream up. But whatever it is, it will utilize the 43 players that the Coaches feel best address both the threats from Atlanta, and the scheme that New England intends to counter it with.

Each man has a set of stats that are unique to him. The true genius of Coach Belichick and his staff has been the ability to continuously and successfully bundle those individuals together, each week, to get the best possible matchup against a particular opponent.

Excellent thoughts, I couldn't agree more. The Pats are a true team with multifaceted weapons. When Belichick and his staff create their game plan they take full advantage of all the resources at their disposal. It could be a guy who hasn't done much in a month but if they see a weakness that can be exploited by a particular player's strengths, guess who's getting the call come game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes