PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Borges "James White had no role"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Borges is exaggerating a bit here, but it was a little surprising to see just how few touches White has gotten over the past two games.

I suppose he has Lewis and Amendola to blame for that.

You could argue Vereen had "no role" (or Nth receiver) until he blew up vs Seattle and all of a sudden he was amazing.

White has been what White is : a good receiving RB who can make big plays at times. I like him.

Bob Ryan knows nothing about football. He's a basketball guy. As it just to happens, most of the basketball and baseball guys in Boston seem weirdly resentful of the Pats, and he's no exception.

Those tweets by Bob Ryan a few posts back really make a case for his nurse to take the Twitter Machine away from him. I hear doing crossword puzzles is good therapy for folks in his condition.

OK Mr Ryan, sadly, it's time.

Ol' Ronnie forgets that Coach sees every player as a single resource, and bundles certain ones together as a team based upon which opponent New England is facing that particular week.

In the Military, we would refer to White as a "force multiplier" last weekend. He didn't get any touches (IIRC) but he added a great deal to the blocking scheme, both in protecting TFB, and helping the other RB's get open. His value was greater in that position than as an RB, for THAT particular game. He increased the overall strength of the O-Line by his support out of the backfield. That'd why he was used in that manner.

Come the SB? Who knows what Coach will dream up. But whatever it is, it will utilize the 43 players that the Coaches feel best address both the threats from Atlanta, and the scheme that New England intends to counter it with.

Each man has a set of stats that are unique to him. The true genius of Coach Belichick and his staff has been the ability to continuously and successfully bundle those individuals together, each week, to get the best possible matchup against a particular opponent.

I get that the media are paid to express their opinions.

That said, the way they go about it they are the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

A little bit of knowledge and they start equating their opinions as factual and themselves as the equal or near equals of true lifelong experts like Belichick.

bertrand-russell-dunning-kruger-effect.jpg

The perpetually pessimistic are just as biased in their self-delusion and biases as the homers they love to pretend they are so superior to.

Last edited:
NE does have some flaws. But far, far fewer than every other NFL team. It's 2017. You can't just do 70s PIT or 80s SF or 90s DAL anymore. That makes this 15+ year run much more impressive.

I don't understand the motivation to be THAT much if a contrarian. Just makes the local reporters seem foolish, petty, or both.

There was a quote from Martellus Bennett after the Steelers game, something along the lines of, 'I don't care if I don't touch the ball, I just want to f***ing win.' He gets it - it's not the headline individual stats that count, it's the team effort, and the result.

If BB wants White to block, then he'll be happy if that's what he does. If he's asked to run or receive, then he does that. If he's asked to mow the grass on BB's lawn, he damn well better do that and do it well.

Why can these media guys not understand that they're criticising exactly what has made the Pats so successful?

What the hell is he talking about???

He was in on 29 snaps vs Pitt. Had 3 catches. D Lew had 2 catches and 17 snaps.

The game plan was throw downfield past 5 yards of the LoS.

And did he have a huge block to protect Brady as well? Or was that Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back