PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bono with kind words for Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
The work Brady has done off the field is incredible. I don’t know if it primarily goes unnoticed because Brady prefers to not make it a spectacle, because his football stardom dominates the focus of on-field Brady vs. off-field Brady, or simply because of blind, ignorant, unsupported hatred directed towards him because he happens to be winning at football and life.

Appalling (but not surprising) that the lowlife scum at the Boston Globe could criticize him over Best Buddies putting funds into his foundation. That is something that is commonplace among those type of relationships between Celeb/Celeb’s Foundation/Celeb’s endorsed public charity. I’d be happy to elaborate more on this as someone who has dealt with it.

Anyways.. Tom is a hero, and he does an excellent job of leveraging his name to benefit the lives of less fortunate as much as possible, and that is a win no matter what.

If this had been Peyton, he would have already held a press conference on top of putting flyers in Papa John’s pizza boxes and 1,398,431 commercials

**** bono and his bon Jovi tribute act of a band. If Tom wants to keep it quiet then the ballymun midget should Stfu and go back to writing 30 year old lyrics to a tax dodging beat.
Tom doesn't want it advertised.
I guess our opinions differ. U2 is one of the greatest bands of all times. I would choose the Joshua Tree album as my favorite. Tom Brady also ranks up there with the greatest athletes of all time.

**** bono and his bon Jovi tribute act of a band. If Tom wants to keep it quiet then the ballymun midget should Stfu and go back to writing 30 year old lyrics to a tax dodging beat.

I see someone has an agenda against Bono.....

That's what makes Tom Brady and really the whole Patriots organization so great. They are very charitable and don't have to throw it in your face. I don't live in New England anymore, but Ive noticed in my area, anytime the local sports teams do something with a charity, it is a whole spectacle. The people around here always talk about it and make a big deal about it like they are the only ones. But it definitely doesn't seem to be a constant, ongoing thing with regular participation by the local athletes and celebrities. I don't think we give enough credit to the Pats for all that they do. They have had a lot of good guys over the years that continue to be charitable.

“He’s obviously a great leader on the field, but I can tell you off the field, he’s also a great leader,” Bono said. “In 2005, he became the millionth member of the ONE Campaign to fight extreme poverty. It’s an organization that I co-founded, and he traveled to Ghana and Uganda, kept it low key. He did stuff behind the scenes, and that’s sort of the measure of a different kind of man than maybe the one you know.”

Yeah, what an *******. How dare he call Tom a great leader and thank him for his charitable efforts!!!

I see someone has an agenda against Bono.....
Bono is one of the great tax dead beats of all time and his hypocrisy is on display every time he prods national governments to fork over massive sums of tax payer funds to benefit his hand picked causes while he is stashing his tribute in shell companies across the world.
That being said...U2 was my all time favorite band and I've sat front row at Madison Square Garden at least a half dozen times back in the day. Loved their music up until they started their pop kick. Another pet peeve was how their concerts lasted only 90 minutes while my other favorite bands that made their way through MSG yearly were playing 3-4 hours - Springsteen / The Dead.
The Edge is top 5 guitarist in my book. Bono has the voice but the Edge is the soul of U2.

Bono is one of the great tax dead beats of all time and his hypocrisy is on display every time he prods national governments to fork over massive sums of tax payer funds to benefit his hand picked causes while he is stashing his tribute in shell companies across the world.
That being said...U2 was my all time favorite band and I've sat front row at Madison Square Garden at least a half dozen times back in the day. Loved their music up until they started their pop kick. Another pet peeve was how their concerts lasted only 90 minutes while my other favorite bands that made their way through MSG yearly were playing 3-4 hours - Springsteen / The Dead.
The Edge is top 5 guitarist in my book. Bono has the voice but the Edge is the soul of U2.

I'm also a huge fan of the band (I'm 46 and have also seen them dozens of times) and I do think Bono's intentions are good.

With that said, Bono is a tax-avoiding, limousine liberal just like the rest of them.

(Note: I avoid paying taxes legally so I'm not one to talk :p )

If this had been Peyton, he would have already held a press conference on top of putting flyers in Papa John’s pizza boxes and 1,398,431 commercials
...and as always Peyton would take his hefty cut home with him

That's what makes Tom Brady and really the whole Patriots organization so great. They are very charitable and don't have to throw it in your face. I don't live in New England anymore, but Ive noticed in my area, anytime the local sports teams do something with a charity, it is a whole spectacle. The people around here always talk about it and make a big deal about it like they are the only ones. But it definitely doesn't seem to be a constant, ongoing thing with regular participation by the local athletes and celebrities. I don't think we give enough credit to the Pats for all that they do. They have had a lot of good guys over the years that continue to be charitable.
Kraft is considered so charitable,

yet he ignores all the millions of Patriots fans around the globe who rooted for the team for thirty-three years and like any fans simply wanted to see their team on the world's biggest stage, winning it all,

and instead continue to be force fed an ugly, strange league abomination with the image of a decaying corpse on their helmets.

They played for 2.5 hours the last two times I saw them.

I guess our opinions differ. U2 is one of the greatest bands of all times. I would choose the Joshua Tree album as my favorite. Tom Brady also ranks up there with the greatest athletes of all time.
if you think u2 are one of the greatest bands of all time you're beyond help.

What's the difference between Bono and god?

God doesn't think he's Bono.

I heard that one from a hilarious tour guide in Dublin last summer.
I take it as a great insult you never let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye