PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Not a subscriber so I can’t read it but this sounds like it could be an admission he was wrong without actually saying it.

Where are those NFL PSI reports anyway? Does Kravitz know?

Kravitz is a total moron. PV=nRT is science.

Why did the NFL study footballs the next year and not publish any results? Because they realized (and buried) that in cold weather, footballs just like tires lose a little pressure. The whole thing is so stupid. And for Kraft to make Brady give in while fighting his own prostitution case is the height of hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Having only read the free part, it sure looks like his stance is "well, all the evidence turned out to be against me, BUT something fishy was definitely up with Brady and those ball boys..."

I didn’t care that the league didn’t release the results. It’s not like the balls were going to defy basic science principles. And it’s easy to calculate the change in air pressure unless, of course, you’re Neil DeGrasse or Bill Nye.

Last edited:

Not a subscriber so I can’t read it but this sounds like it could be an admission he was wrong without actually saying it.

Where are those NFL PSI reports anyway? Does Kravitz know?

No, he says that he basically listened to the arguments of the woman who put out the new documentary Four Games in Fall but is still sticking to his original assumption that Brady ordered or knew about the deflation of footballs.

After I spoke with Marron, I re-watched the documentary. I wanted to give her words and her work a chance to resonate once again. Now, six years after the Deflategate tweet, my general sense has remained largely the same. While it’s not provable, I believe something untoward occurred in the minutes before the Patriots-Colts game.

But I am open-minded, too, and am always willing to listen to more arguments on either side.

Six years later, there is a seed – just a seed – of doubt.

The small portion you can read before the paywall prevents you from going further does sound like a reluctant semi-admission of guilt.

I know something about Deflategate.
I broke the stupid story.
This is not news to Indianapolis readers, who've suffered through scores (and scores) of my Deflategate columns through the years and figure I'm living on that moment of journalistic semi-glory. This may be news to other readers, who may now be learning this and thinking. "Who the heck cares?"
But given my involvement, I wanted to speak to Marron, whose compelling documentary makes a strong case that Deflategate science was flawed, that ....

No, he says that he basically listened to the arguments of the woman who put out the new documentary Four Games in Fall but is still sticking to his original assumption that Brady ordered or knew about the deflation of footballs.

I hate how a lot of people like Kravitz conflate two completely separate issues.

It is possible, plausible and entirely within the ruleset that Brady asked our balls to be prepped around the lower threshold in terms of PSI because he preferred it that way. As we have heard from Rodgers and others: most QBs have their specific preferences when it comes to PSI.

At the same time we all know by now how the ideal gas law would affect balls that were around the lower threshold on that specific night because it happened to both the Colts and Pats game balls.

And yet some yahoos continue to combine both things implying that Brady asked the balls to be underinflated relative to the ruleset. At this point it is just insane to hear the same trash repeated again and again.

Last edited:
Kravitz is also admitting that he did indeed find a free ATM with the whole PSI witch hunt, and is going to the well one more time while Tom Brady's name is once again in the news. Just google 'Bob Kravitz Patriots' or something similar, and you will find dozens of articles authored by Kravitz over the years.

The small portion you can read before the paywall prevents you from going further sure does sound like an admission of guilt.

I know something about Deflategate.
I broke the stupid story.
This is not news to Indianapolis readers, who've suffered through scores (and scores) of my Deflategate columns through the years and figure I'm living on that moment of journalistic semi-glory. This may be news to other readers, who may now be learning this and thinking. "Who the heck cares?"
But given my involvement, I wanted to speak to Marron, whose compelling documentary makes a strong case that Deflategate science was flawed, that ....

I love Mark Maron but what does he know about science?

I hate how a lot of people like Kravitz conflate two completely separate issues.

It is entirely possible, plausible and entirely within the ruleset that Brady asked our balls to be prepped around the lower threshold in terms of PSI because he preferred it that way. As we have heard from Rodgers and others: most QBs have their specific preferences when it comes to PSI.

At the same time we all know by now how the ideal gas law would affect balls that were around the lower threshold on that specific night because it happened to both the Colts and Pats game balls.

And yet some yahoos continue to combine both things implying that Brady asked the balls to be underinflated relative to the ruleset. At this point it is just insane to hear the same trash repeated again and again.

Brady could have avoided all this by just handing his cell phone over or at least not destroying it.

I believe McNally and his buddy probably were deflating the game footballs during the season to the legal minimum. Inflating too as the one text message implied. I doubt they were the only team to do that.

But we know that didn't happen that night. The numbers prove it.

I also think the organization blew it on the PR with that response about losing weight.

Here is a link to what Kravitz was responding to.

He has to be a bit defensive about it. Based on the description it must skewer his columns.

This award-winning film explores the highly topical issues of media manipulation, science for hire, and perversion of the legal system…all through the lens of the Deflategate scandal.
Through interviews with attorneys, journalists, professors, and fans, FOUR GAMES IN FALL examines how accusations of deflated footballs became a national obsession. The film goes beyond the football to show that the tactics used by the NFL in this scandal are not unique, but are frequently replicated to manipulate public opinion, influence government regulation, muddy the waters around science, and unfairly impact the outcome of court cases.

Featuring interviews with NFLPA spokesperson George Atallah, New York Law School Professor Robert Blecker, Patriots Attorney Daniel L. Goldberg, MIT Professor John J. Leonard, Sports Illustrated Legal Analyst and UNH Law School Associate Dean Michael McCann, former ESPN reporter Jane McManus, Jim Morris, Editor of Pulitzer-Prize winning Center for Public Integrity, attorney Jonathan Ruckdeschel, Barstool Sports writer Jerry Thornton, and St. Mary's Professor Andrew E. Wilson.

I believe McNally and his buddy probably were deflating the game footballs during the season to the legal minimum. Inflating too as the one text message implied. I doubt they were the only team to do that.

But we know that didn't happen that night. The numbers prove it.

I also think the organization blew it on the PR with that response about losing weight.

Yes, because the refs were randomly pumping air into the ball above what the QBs actually wanted.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back