PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob Kravitz writes about Deflategate [Four Games in Fall Documentary]

There is a word called "culpatory," which is different than "exculpatory"...and I used it correctly.

The conspiracy theorists on this board are amusing...
There is a word. Grammatically, it was used incorrectly. but whatever... we can move beyond it

And its not a conspiracy if its true. There a certain elements in how the exponent report was presented that actually supports the supposition that the results of the investigation were less than honest. The first issue was Exponent stating that in order to get the result they wanted, Walt Coleman had to be "misremembering" what gauge he used in the initial air pressure tests.

In order to further bolster that argument they included pictures of the gauges in the report. In order to make them look more similar, they presented each gauge at a different scale. It was classic subterfuge.

9FvvXqw.jpg

57D3D6P.jpg

Can you see it? Its there... right in the pictures... Can you see what I am taking about? So tell me again about conspiracy theories

This is where you are mistaken. Brady ultimately DID comply with Wells...partially. He gave up the contents of TWO of the three cell phones that Wells had requested info off of. However, the most important phone, the one he used around the time of the AFCCG in 2014, was destroyed the same week he was going to meet with Wells. So this contradicts your belief that the Brady/Yee team were stonewalling the NFL because they had already figured out he was getting suspended and that nothing they would do would help. And it contradicts @The Brandon Five 's belief that Brady refused to cooperate because he was going to set bad precedent by complying with Wells. There was nothing on either of the two phones that were not destroyed - very likely there was nothing on the destroyed phone either. Destruction of evidence is never a good thing in an investigation, even if it doesn't have culpatory information.
That's it. I'm convinced to become a full time hoarder. Soon it will be practically impossible to enter, move or exit from my home.

But I'll be safe from investigators charging me with destruction of evidence.

No, you are wrong. AT&T said that they could not retrieve Brady's text messages on the destroyed phone since messages on their servers get deleted after 3 days. Please do your research. And there is no "complete invasion of privacy." Wells told Brady's agent to produce only those text messages that were relevant to the investigation. In other words, Brady and Yee get to decide which messages Wells gets - this is very standard in litigation where one party produces relevant documents in response to a discovery request.
You missed out on making some big dough if you weren't on the NFL legal team.

Yep.

I think a lot of fans always resented the Patriots. Fans like big names and big stars and dynasties and total dominance. Especially over teams like the "Patsies" who needed to know their place.

The 2001 Pats changed the league forever.
I don't know about that. Changed? Not much different today.

Which leaves the door open for even an elderly Belichick, or similarly influenced Parcells disciple, to win by outsmarting, outthinking and outplaying teams more talented on paper.

Ted Wells was not hired to find the truth. Ted Wells was hired to advocate for the NFL to cover their blunders in leaking a false narrative to Kravitz and Mortensen because the blockheads in the NFL had no idea that temperature affects pressure. Secondarily, the NFL had never really cared about the PSI in a football before at any level except at a cursory one. It's apparent from the garbage gauge they use to the flippant way they previously measured the balls (See Peter King Video) to the never released actual measurements of the balls they measured after.

Ted Wells was hired to conduct a witch hunt.

There is a word. Grammatically, it was used incorrectly. but whatever... we can move beyond it

And its not a conspiracy if its true. There a certain elements in how the exponent report was presented that actually supports the supposition that the results of the investigation were less than honest. The first issue was Exponent stating that in order to get the result they wanted, Walt Coleman had to be "misremembering" what gauge he used in the initial air pressure tests.

In order to further bolster that argument they included pictures of the gauges in the report. In order to make them look more similar, they presented each gauge at a different scale. It was classic subterfuge.

9FvvXqw.jpg

57D3D6P.jpg

Can you see it? Its there... right in the pictures... Can you see what I am taking about? So tell me again about conspiracy theories

Ah the minutia of this case. Besides Exponent doctoring the photos, something else that wasn’t made clear in those pictures was that the needles on both of those gauges are the same length. The “short” or non-logo one only appears that way because it is bent at close to a 90 degree angle. If the Wells report included a picture where you could see how significant the difference in appearance was, no one would believe that Coleman could confuse the gauge where the needle was relatively straight with the gauge where the needle was almost at a right angle. And if he really couldn't tell the difference between the two, then that would put his statements that he accurately measured 48 footballs before the game into question.

In the end Kravitz sounds like he is on the same bandwagon guys like Tanguay always were on - that "they did something". Whatever "something" is. Nobody was ever able to tell us for sure what it was they did wrong.

Last edited:
In the end Kravitz sounds like he is on the same bandwagon guys like Tanguay always were on - that "they did something". Whatever "something" is. Nobody was ever able to tell us for sure what it was they did wrong.

Forget that the balls were never “deflated” to begin with and that the Colts 100% lied to even get the scandal started, followed by false numbers leaked to the press.

What I want to know is: WHAT WERE YOU HIDING, TOM!

A part of that is how effective Wells was in using McNally and Jastremski’s text messages. In the executive summary of the report, those texts are very convincing that they tampered with the balls.

Not many people including the media bothered reading the whole report. Deep into the report, you’ll find the conversations those texts were taken from. None of those conversations had anything to do with tampering with footballs,

Wells removed context, took single comments out of conversations from more than a thousand texts from two friends who handle footballs for a living, from various months over a year’s time, and placed them in the order he wanted them read while adding his own narrative.

It was very effective, but also completely misleading and illegal... if it was an actual legal proceeding.

I just watched the Deflategate documentary. It's really well done. I don't know how Kravitz or anyone with half a brain can see it and not realize what a railroad job Deflategate was...even with the presence of noted yahoo Jerry Thornton.

Wells was hired to find what his client told him to find. That is how our system works. The NFL said they were paying for an independent investigation which is an oxymoron (kind of, since it is not two words but a word and a phrase). People believed it. After that it was all down hill. Wells twisted the truth, hired a firm to support his "hired" story, asked for evidence that he knew would ever be turned over, etc. Normally a judge knows all of these deceptive tactics and laughs them out of court, but since the "court of public opinion" does not understand, the whole episode kept spinning. Kraft stuck with the 31 and Brady was left hanging out to dry.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back