PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blow Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya after the 16-0 super bowl I’ve stayed home every time although I wish I didn’t. To see the faces on the haters as we came back the past 2 would have been great
While that would be funny as heck, it might be best to let them save their dignity by not having you present so they don't have to relive it every time they see you :)

So you see, you saved them from themselves :D

I still remember the sense of relief that washed over me when he hit that. One of the best sports moments of my life. My stomach tends to get all knotted up for these big games. They aren't generally enjoyable for me until we get a comfortable lead. Too much losing in the first half of my sport fan life.
There was no relief for me when Damon hit that slam. All I could envision was the worst nut punch in history - down 3-0, then up 6-0 in game 7, and then the ultimate choke job. I never relaxed until Renteria swing and missed at strike 3.

Every Patriot Superbowl has been close except for the first one

The Eagles one was also close. It was a 3 point game and Philly had the ball late with a chance to tie
I don't think the Packer's 14 point victory qualifies as close. It was definitely an improvement over Superbowl XX, but still...

I want a nice relaxing blow out but I'll take a td in the first qtr and an early lead.

Heh. Every time I read that bizarre, disjointed phrase "nice relaxing blow out", I can't help but thinking of Homer Simpson getting giddy over the direct marking freebies he was going to spend, ending with a "cool, refreshing, colonic." :D

It was within 6 until they allowed a 99 yard TD return....

Remembering back to that specific game, the Pats defense had heated up and had stopped the Packers a few times in a row. The Howard kickoff return (and 2 pt. conversion) was absolutely backbreaking. I think it could have been a different game if the momentum had not shifted.

First quarter
Eagles 3
Patriots 0

Second Quarter
Eagles 13
Patriots 6

Third Quarter
Eagles 20
Patriots 6

Fourth Quarter
Eagles 20
Patriots 20

Overtime
Patriots 23
Eagles 20

I don't need a blow out, but a comfortable, two score win would ease the nerves.

Don't think there is any way to calculate odds of a blow out. They just happen. Super Bowl 42 was supposed to be a blow out, and Super Bowl 48 was supposed to be a tight game, and look how those happened.

I think a lot of Eagles fans, as a result of how they won against the Vikings, seem to think their team can do it to the Patriots.

It was within 6 until they allowed a 99 yard TD return....
That return likely doesn't happen in today's NFL... Kickoff was 5 yards back (went to goal line from where Howard returned it), and GB had a 4 man wedge block, which is now illegal...does Howard bring it out from 5 yards deep? The wedge took out a 3 or 4 guys if u watch the replay...

Brady will throw a walk off touchdown down four points with nine seconds left. Amendola grabs the td on fourth down. Kick is good patriots win the Super Bowl brady has his sixth. That’s probably exactly how it comes down
In that scenario (Pats score to go up 2 with required XP,) they would take a knee rather than risk the block and return for 2 pts for Eagles.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents