PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the issue the O line w/0 Gronk, Andrews, Develin & Wynn or is it Michel???

I like Blount, but not sure he can make all that much difference..
Blount will do nothing better than Sony. Maybe 3 years ago but not now

Not sure why we cut down Sony Michel so much on this board.
We have an average to below average OL and a passing attack that scares no one.
-Sony has driven his body into walls over and over and broken longer runs when possible.
-Most importantly, he doesn’t fumble.
He was a better pass catcher in college and that’s my only real criticism of him.

Not sure why we cut down Sony Michel so much on this board.
We have an average to below average OL and a passing attack that scares no one.
-Sony has driven his body into walls over and over and broken longer runs when possible.
-Most importantly, he doesn’t fumble.
He was a better pass catcher in college and that’s my only real criticism of him.
All true. I like Sony but.....

Fears came out and said he isn't running downhill enough. I think the main reason is the blocking is inconsistent. I thought he had some ok runs on SNF

I do think he just doesn't have a natural feel for the passing game. RBs either have it or they don't. He doesn't.

Why would we sign someone who has never done a particular job in his career to do that job, especially when it would cost someone else a roster spot at this point?

Well this thread got derailed quickly. The premise of this thread as the OP stated is Blount as a FB...not RB.

I'd rather see if Maroney would be up for a come back. Less mileage and he's probably healed up enough to have his burst back!
We already have Sony Maroney.

You cant just teach a big TB to become a FB you are either a FB and are used to banging your head into LBs at full speed or you arent. For all of Blounts career he was a TB very different mind set and skill set.

Blount has the size, is probably quicker then most FB’s, can catch and is a decent pass blocker.

Blount had more long Breakaway runs than Slowly I mean Sony.

A lot of people here are going to look like complete idiots when Michel has another big postseason with Wynn back in the lineup.

Par for the course for this place.

A lot of people here are going to look like complete idiots when Michel has another big postseason with Wynn back in the lineup.

tenor.gif

All true. I like Sony but.....

Fears came out and said he isn't running downhill enough. I think the main reason is the blocking is inconsistent. I thought he had some ok runs on SNF

I do think he just doesn't have a natural feel for the passing game. RBs either have it or they don't. He doesn't.

So Sony needs the Red Sea to be parted much like it did last year with the Personnel package to look like a good player?? We need a RB who can make due with what we currently have not named Sony. After that missed easy pitch: catch and drop Sunday Night Brady wanted no part of him that was his last snap of the night. I hope Sony uses the Bye-week to iron out his deficiencies his year two numbers are not good for a former First Round RB.

Last edited:

Let's see we lost Gronk - Trent Brown - Andrews - Devlin and Dwayne Allen. So you are saying that Wynn who is only one person who have a injury history can make up for all those guys??:confused: OK will file that away for the records.:rolleyes:

So Sony needs the Red Sea to be parted much like it did last year with the Personnel package to look like a good player?? We need a RB who can make due with what we currently have not named Sony. After that missed easy pitch: catch and drop Sunday Night Brady wanted no part of him that was his last snap in the night. I hope Sony uses the Bye-week to iron out his deficiencies his year two numbers are not good for a former First Round RB.
We can only hope.

Signing Blount to play FB would be way dumber than signing him to play RB. It took half his career for him to learn how to use his size as a runner, so why do we think he would automatically be a road grader?

Signing Blount to play FB would be way dumber than signing him to play RB. It took half his career for him to learn how to use his size as a runner, so why do we think he would automatically be a road grader?

Elandon Roberts says hi

Elandon Roberts says hi
There is a long history of using mobile front-7 defensive players as goal-line fullbacks in the NFL. Fullbacks look to initiate contact. Arguably their mindset and even skill set is closer to that of a defensive player than it is to a tailback.

I am not sure why Roberts' tryout at FB was so brief. Maybe the indecisiveness he brings to the table on D carried over to indecisiveness in making blocks as a FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes