PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a long history of using mobile front-7 defensive players as goal-line fullbacks in the NFL. Fullbacks look to initiate contact. Arguably their mindset and even skill set is closer to that of a defensive player than it is to a tailback.

I am not sure why Roberts' tryout at FB was so brief. Maybe the indecisiveness he brings to the table on D carried over to indecisiveness in making blocks as a FB.

I agree...it’s a different mentality trying to hit someone run blocking. I could see that being a mental challenge when your whole life you have been avoiding contact. My point is it doesn’t hurt to try these 250 lb ish free agent RB’s out in a practice to see if they can lead block successfully. It doesn’t cost anything to have a tryout. Some of these can probably still pass block and catch a pass if needed.

tenor.gif

Dude looks like Hightower without hair.:D

I've always been a Lagarette Blount fan, To me, he was very similar to the importance Antowan Smith had for the early 2000's dynasty. Plus, I'm a big believer in chemistry, losing Blount in 2017 and signing Mike Gillislee (for more money than Blount got),was a huge mistake that year, when Blount still had gas in the tank. Losing him (and others) was a bad thing for our team chemistry.

That being said, they can't even find enough carries for Harris, I don't think they'd sign Blount. I wouldn't complain, but they've had several opportunities to do so, and they haven't.

He seemed to have decent year last year in Detroit and is still a FA and knows our system.....was wondering if he has anything left (injuries etc) and if so whether they would be able to utilize him as a FB Thx

He seemed to have decent year last year in Detroit and is still a FA and knows our system.....was wondering if he has anything left (injuries etc) and if so whether they would be able to utilize him as a FB?! Thx
talent wise we are more than fine at RB. The OLine sucks right now and cant open any holes. more tackles in the back field or at the line than i can remember in past years...which means the line is not getting to the second level. SCAR can only do so much so these gusys need to get it together. We have third string linemen starting right now so you get what you get.

talent wise we are more than fine at RB. The OLine sucks right now and cant open any holes. more tackles in the back field or at the line than i can remember in past years...which means the line is not getting to the second level. SCAR can only do so much so these gusys need to get it together. We have third string linemen starting right now so you get what you get.

The post was about trying Blount at FB. We need to run block better.

The post was about trying Blount at FB. We need to run block better.
ah yes, just caught that. my bad. No, i dont think Blount as a FB would be the best choice. Paying a RB to play FB is not the best use of resources and im not sure how great he would be. I do agree the issue is not having a healthy FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back