PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, when LGB breaks one, I'm up off the couch screaming "Go Go Go Go Go!" My old bones can't take it, but it's worth it! :). Love the running game!

I was wondering this myself. He is averaging 80 yards a game and on pace right now for 1294 yards. So I mean, who knows, but I'd love to see him get his first 1000 yard season.
I think he had a 1000 as a rookie ???

Seriously?!?? I had no idea our YPC was that low

Seriously?!?? I had no idea our YPC was that low

That was the results from the glorious running of Marion "2 yards and a cloud of dust" Butts.

Needless to say that was why Tuna drafted Curtis Martin the following year.

Since you brought that up and Ray Clay used the term "forte," I was mildly surprised at the stat that showed Matt Forte being stopped at the LOS or behind the LOS on approx. 20 percent of his rush attempts this year.

I figured I'd bring him up since he's on pace for 1,000 yard season and many wanted to bring him in.

Nick Mangold's injury (and Brick's retirement) has been pretty rough on their OL.

I think the even bigger factor, though, is the Jets are just misusing Forte. He isn't lining up as a WR, and isn't catching balls out of the backfield with any regularity. They're just running him between the tackles and having him grind out a few yards at a time, which is something that he's been average at best at for the last few years now at least. It's like buying an ultra-premium vodka then making jungle juice with it - if that's how you're going to use him, just go with one of the many cheaper alternatives that can do exactly what you're looking for every bit as well as he can. Don't pay a premium for features that don't actually benefit you. For what they have Forte doing, they could easily have paid Alfred Morris half as much to do it better.

The reason why I was intrigued about him maybe ending up with the Pats is that we would've used him effectively by doing almost the exact opposite of what the Jets have done with him. For the money the Jets paid, though, they can have him - Forte's better than James White, but not by enough of a margin to justify his cap hit.

thats the kind of running back that he is, I dont have an issue with it but some people seem to much prefer the plodding back who gets 3 yards most times and when they break one its for six yards.

You should run differently when you only need one yard. It has nothing to do with being plodding. It has everything to do with getting the first down, or touchdown, or not getting it.

That is, if your style is a stand up runner. Pad level low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST