Blount

Status
Not open for further replies.
BLOUNT > Bell

YPC: 5.3 > 3.9
RYDs: 127 > 81
TYDs: 134 ~ 149
TD: 2 > 0

I'd be ok if he was just Antoine Smith 2.0 (though I feel Blount is better in my opinion)

I find Blount to be such a polarizing figure. He gets way too much blame when things aren't going well, and way too much credit when things are going well.

I think part of the reason is that he's a big back and it takes him a while to get up to speed, so he's more dependent on the OL than many other backs. If the OL isn't blocking, he gets swallowed up in the backfield consistently, and if the OL is blasting people off the line, he's running with a full head of steam and looking like a Pro Bowler. So his play is indicative of the team's overall play generally, although he's not necessarily the reason for it. Put another way, it's more about correlation than causation with him.

I really like him, I've defended him many times. But I really thought the OL did a great job in the run game too. He had a lot of big holes to run through. To his credit, he runs through them and once he's through, he's tough to bring down. He has good vision, and he usually drags people forward for a few extra "bonus" yards once he's up to full speed.

Yep, nice day for Blount. He's got a very wild style of running. Must be interesting to be a 5'11" 195lb CB watching that come at you at the second level.

he's certainly different...for a big back, he gets stuffed a lot and doesn't seem to be able to break tackles at all near the line of scrimmage. However, once he gets going, he does break tacklees and is tough to bring down..AND more elusive

A person could make the argument that Blount is the team's most valuable player to this point in the season.

That is, if a person didn't mind the inevitable avalanche of dislikes and disagrees. LOL

He's looking great. Still want Dion back since we can use him out of the backfield as well, White is basically a receiver.

"This game he played well" is kinda of undervaluing him.

I didnt really like Blount, thought he was a good RB in his best day. This season, though, he has been a beast. I wonder what kind of talk we would have about him if he played like this for his whole career

For as big as he is he sure can make people miss once he gets going, he's been a stud so far this season. Props to the OL though.

I wonder what kind of talk we would have about him if he played like this for his whole career

He most likely would not be a Patriot if he played like this his whole career, as he would have cost much more than he does right now, which is an absolute steal.

In the past two years, including this past offseason, I have argued that Blount is perfect for this team. He is a value player who doesn't turn the ball over, will get you 4 YPC, and can move the pile when needed. It's nice to see him finally getting some love.

BLOUNT > Bell

YPC: 5.3 > 3.9
RYDs: 127 > 81
TYDs: 134 ~ 149
TD: 2 > 0

I thought Bell was having a tremendous game running the ball but then I saw his final rushing stats: 21 rushes, 81 yes, 3.9 ypc, and I realized the Pats did a pretty good job containing him on the ground after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down