PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday

Can we hire Louis Riddick?

As what ? Zolak replacement ? Sure.

I am not sure why people are so high on him in terms of a GM job and with Eliot Wolf consulting in the front office I think we kinda know who'd be the Caserio replacement.

Edit: Oof, ESPN is has now retracted their report of the Dolphins firing Chan Gailey.

Last edited:
For the pair together I think it's Houston or bust, and that's only even a possibility because of Easterby. There's no way the Lions can sell their fans on another Patriots pairing, and the same should be said for Houston. There are too many rumors about Jacksonville going in other directions (Urban Meyer). The Falcons look like they need a teardown, which isn't going to be an exciting opportunity for either of those guys.
Apparently Josh is friends with Easterby (at least he was when he was here) and it definitely seemed like Caserio had some interest in going to Houston a year or two ago so it wouldn't shock me if Texans offered McDaniels and Caserio finally went.

Shad "Chacka" Kahn is apparently a Jerry World disciple....

Khan told reporters today that he has control of the team’s roster and will retain that control even after the team hires a general manager.
“I kept the roster control and the candidates, the General Manager candidates, I’ve been talking to them, that for the immediate future I’m going to keep the roster control. And I want the coach to know that also,” Khan said.

Shad Khan will be a hands-on owner in using the first pick in the 2021 NFL draft (msn.com)

I'd be careful with Andy Reid's OCs as well. Odds are that most of the creative stuff we see KC doing is coming straight out of Reid's head. Almost like an inverse Pedersen/Reich situation.
He has produced a few HCs who have won in this league. Petersen won a SB. The one who was OC in 2004 who coached the Vikings to the NFCCG w/ Favre and a few others.

FWIW they've done better than BBs

Different reasoning but same effect...Broncos now in the GM market. SF VP of Player Personnel Adam Peters was already linked to the Panthers because he was a DE for UCLA when Matt Rhule was the DL coach in 2001, but we can also link him to the Denver GM job since he worked there from 2009-2016.

He has produced a few HCs who have won in this league. Petersen won a SB. The one who was OC in 2004 who coached the Vikings to the NFCCG w/ Favre and a few others.

FWIW they've done better than BBs

Pedersen has fallen totally apart without Frank Reich who clearly was the brain behind the 2017 Eagles operation. Nagy is also not doing particularly well given that it is the defense that is carrying the Bears.

Point being if you hire Bienemy to get similar creativity on offense as KC the worst case is that you will get mostly Reid's stuff without the ability to produce new plays. That's why I'd be very careful with hiring off Reid's offensive staff.

Different reasoning but same effect...Broncos now in the GM market. SF VP of Player Personnel Adam Peters was already linked to the Panthers because he was a DE for UCLA when Matt Rhule was the DL coach in 2001, but we can also link him to the Denver GM job since he worked there from 2009-2016.

The shine from bringing in Manning has worn off and it looks like ownership realized he cant evaluate QB's. Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Simien, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock all couldn't/can't play.

Well this is interesting
Chris Mortensen and Tim McManus are reporting that Pederson’s status as Eagles’ head coach isn’t “firm” and meetings with Lurie could decide his fate.

Trade to JETE ?

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson the subject an interesting AFC trade rumor​

The shine from bringing in Manning has worn off and it looks like ownership realized he cant evaluate QB's. Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Trevor Simien, Case Keenum, Joe Flacco, and Drew Lock all couldn't/can't play.
Fangio should've been fired too...A new GM should have a clean slate...

Good chance to be fired:
Anthony Lynn
Zack Taylor

50/50:
Vic Fangio
Mike Zimmer

Would be somewhat of a surprise:
Mike McCarthy
Matt Nagy
Doug Pederson
I’m somewhat surprised.

Apparently Lurie wanted us to know exactly why he fired Pederson.

But I thought the Eagles were having fun...? I thought they showed grumpy old Belichick how it's REALLY done...

Maybe the next Jete HC.
That will be fun !

Maybe not for Jets fans, but everyone else.

Purge all ex-Pats! What a season for firing BB coaching tree.
Matty P w/Quinn, Dimitroff, BOB (w/ soon to be gone RAC)
What's the connection?

Pederson getting fired really bring me happiness given he wrote that book after his SB win on "How he Did it." I guess the fun finally ran out in Philly.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back