PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Black Monday thread

Super prepared. Outstanding sign for the franchise. I expect Kraft will diddle and doddle when decisions could have been made weeks ago.
Belichick may push him, so as to not lose out on better opportunities elsewhere.

if he‘s smart Bill will want out of this dead end job, and he’s smart.

I think it makes sense to hire smart people as consultants who have practical experience building successful organizations.

Myers is a brilliant guy but he has no practical knowledge of what makes a successful NFL player. Maybe he rep'd for a few when he was an agent but that was in the 2000s..a lifetime in the NFL ago.
They’re not hiring him to run the franchise. They’re hiring him to be on the selection board to hire the guy who will run the franchise.

Belichick may push him, so as to not lose out on better opportunities elsewhere.

Dead end job? This is a mess of his own creation, not sure what you’re talking about there.

They’re not hiring him to run the franchise. They’re hiring him to be on the selection board to hire the guy who will run the franchise.
Correct. What are his qualifications as they relate to the NFL?

"Come be my OC. Oh, you can't pick your own staff." I call that sandbagged. Set up to fail, if you prefer.
Absolutely correct, so all the BS about BOB having full autonomy on the offensive side was a joke. Bill still wanted to keep Patricia on as OC LOL.. the curse of Patricia continues Over in philly..

Absolutely correct, so all the BS about BOB having full autonomy on the offensive side was a joke. Bill still wanted to keep Patricia on as OC LOL.. the curse of Patricia continues Over in philly..
That team was already freefalling.

Maybe Kraft is delaying so he can talk to Harbaugh today :D

Not surprised.

Dead end job? This is a mess of his own creation, not sure what you’re talking about there.
It’s looking more and more like Kraft is up to his elbows in the mess. Kraft needs to settle the HC situation ASAP so the entire staff can get on with the business of building a better outcome next season. The longer he doesn’t clear the questions about who is running the coaching staff the worse things get. It has become clear that he‘s been involved in coaching decisions in the past, probably both drafting and developing Mac among them, and it’s looking like there will be more of that in the future. He and Jonathan may not share the same vision for the future and that is going to hamstring any coach. It may be that the Patriots greatest need is a family counseling session more than any coaching decision. Whatever, it just looks to me like Bill is stuck in limbo until Bob does something, and that’s a dead end for BB and for the team.

How are the BB must go faring so far?

I think the longer this drags on - the worse Kraft will come out. It's a no-win for him.

If he keeps BB - BB will keep or bring back all the old band members. And the fanbase will be frustrated looking for change.
If he dumps BB - He'll hire the old band members, who won't be as good. And he'll be hammered for moving on too soon.

I think the longer this drags on - the worse Kraft will come out. It's a no-win for him.

If he keeps BB - BB will keep or bring back all the old band members. And the fanbase will be frustrated looking for change.
You don’t speak for the fan base.
If he dumps BB - He'll hire the old band members, who won't be as good. And he'll be hammered for moving on too soon.
You think Kraft and BB care more about the Felgers and Mazzes than they do.

It’s not about BB or Vrabel. It’s about wins. Compete and the merch sells. If BB convinces him that there’s an oath to improvement, Kraft will keep him.

Message boards and talk radio listeners are an infinitesimally small part of the fan base.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back