PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills Place Cole Beasley On COVID-19 Reserve Out 10 days

the mueller report see GIF

A winter of severe illness and death for Beasley. RIP.

This is going well.

Sucks for the Bills, good for the Pats. Since he's not vaccinated I don't believe there's any chance he will be available this weekend.

Cole Weasley tried to be a little weasel...now he's just a sidelined sleazle

Regardless of the political dynamics of vaccination I think pro athletes who refuse to get vaccinated are selfish @holes who put their team’s and teammates in a terrible situation. The vast majority of athletes work their @sses of year round to achieve one common goal, winning a championship, and by putting g their status in doubt for the biggest games they are putting themselves above their team. I don’t care whether it’s my favorite player’s, like Brady, McCourty etc…, or those I dislike, such as Beasely, they jeopardize a year of hard work by everyone just to satisfy their particular political leaning. I will be really disappointed if any Patriot is disqualified from their upcoming games because they did t get vaccinated.

Regardless of the political dynamics of vaccination I think pro athletes who refuse to get vaccinated are selfish @holes who put their team’s and teammates in a terrible situation. The vast majority of athletes work their @sses of year round to achieve one common goal, winning a championship, and by putting g their status in doubt for the biggest games they are putting themselves above their team. I don’t care whether it’s my favorite player’s, like Brady, McCourty etc…, or those I dislike, such as Beasely, they jeopardize a year of hard work by everyone just to satisfy their particular political leaning. I will be really disappointed if any Patriot is disqualified from their upcoming games because they did t get vaccinated.

Football players are very tribal by nature, so are probably more prone to the tribalism that's replaced independent thinking for so many people.

This mindset became clear for me when I heard this response to climate data: "I don't care about all that, I just don't like Al Gore, so I'm against it."
Really? Something this critical and you are abandoning your civic and family responsibilities to satisfy a simple emotional need like that? I got over my surprise and started to understand what's really going on: group membership and inclusion.

So for someone like Beasley, this is probably about affirming his status in his social tribe than supporting his football tribe. Deeper roots, stronger ties to personal identity.

I’m a big personal choice/responsibility guy…so I’m all for his right to not get the jab.

BUT…there is a reason I wrote personal choice/ personal responsibility.
His inability to play due to a COVID protocol was a foreseeable consequence of choosing not to get the jab.

I am not interested in him whining about consequences of a choice he made.

Rules are rules.

That said…some of the comments in this thread illuminate more about the character of the people posting them than they do about Cole Beasley.

Cole Beasley is not a squirrel. He is more like a weasel. About 40% of the player Edelman was imo.

Not to go all Freddie Mitchell, But wouldn’t of cared if he played or not.

I’m a big personal choice/responsibility guy…so I’m all for his right to not get the jab.

BUT…there is a reason I wrote personal choice/ personal responsibility.
His inability to play due to a COVID protocol was a foreseeable consequence of choosing not to get the jab.

I am not interested in him whining about consequences of a choice he made.
I guess we'll see if his personal choice led to him infecting other players and coaches pretty quickly.

I said the same thing when Cam got the ju-ju last season.

I guess we'll see if his personal choice led to him infecting other players and coaches pretty quickly.

I said the same thing when Cam got the ju-ju last season.
I've been, like you, suggesting that unvaccinated people will possibly have increased transmission compared to vaccinated and the research supposedly initially backed this up but as the vaccination programme progresses (i'm in the UK) to nearly 83% fully vaxxed and over 50% boosted we are experiencing record breaking case numbers. Transmission is through the roof and most of the people i know who have it and have passed it on to friends and family who are all vaccinated. Given our very high vaccinated numbers and our record transmission numbers i don't think it's possible to say that being vaccinated does reduce transmission to a meaningful degree

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back