PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills make us look stupid.

Fans are being a tad unreasonable lately.

Until we get rid of the bandwagon/pink hat types, or until they can accept reality, this will be the way. They don't remember or didn't experience what it was like to be just another football team. It is what it is.

I don't care, I can't stand it anymore!

Where did all the dislikes on that one go? That had to be some kind of record...

Until we get rid of the bandwagon/pink hat types, or until they can accept reality, this will be the way. They don't remember or didn't experience what it was like to be just another football team. It is what it is.
Amazingly, a kid who became a Pats fan at 15 years of age is now 35 and has experienced an unmatched history of winning. It's human nature for them to have higher expectations because winning is all they know. I went through the same type of thing with Russell's Celtics, only it didn't last quite as long.

Bills playn' chess while Bill plays checkers...

Fans are being a tad unreasonable lately. We’ve gotta step back from the ledge and acknowledge Stills’ signing means nothing. Even if he was the best Kenny he could be WITH NE, it would not have tipped the scales.

Rebuild/reset/retool. This team isn’t one player away. And if it were, Stills isn’t that player.
I do not believe its unreasonable to want roster problems that have existed for years to be fixed.

WR and now TE are key areas that are killing this teams offense.

Amazingly, a kid who became a Pats fan at 15 years of age is now 35 and has experienced an unmatched history of winning. It's human nature for them to have higher expectations because winning is all they know. I went through the same type of thing with Russell's Celtics, only it didn't last quite as long.

I don't mean to be so derisive when I talk about this segment of the fanbase, but my human nature takes over. You're right. There's a huge segment that has only known this winning, and even among some of us older folks, it's hard to remember those olden days when 8-8 wasn't that bad of a year. I try to be understanding of that, but it's tough when the whining is so pervasive.

Alas, the Russell years were before my time. To have been able to see those Celtics and the BB/TFB Pats in one lifetime...wow. The most charmed life a sports fan can have.

Where did all the dislikes on that one go? That had to be some kind of record...

Holy **** that was over 6 years ago

If that billboard on route 1 is available lets all chip in and send Kraft and Bill B a message.

Our demands.

A new QB
2 good WRs
1 good TE

It's really not that good of an excuse. Anyone who's been a fan this long regardless of age should have come to terms with this eventuality a long time ago. It really doesn't feel that different to me compared with any other season we fell short.

Oh, you've seen nothing yet :evil: :evil:
I saw the pofo close down because of the same uneven treatment of posters by mods that you're celebrating. Hopefully that won't happen here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they don't align with yours.

Eh, I think I'd rather Belichick make the decisions than listen to my expertise.

I saw the pofo close down because of the same uneven treatment of posters by mods that you're celebrating. Hopefully that won't happen here. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even if they don't align with yours.

This is why I wrote we should be gentle.

But, do you visit other message boards? I've been a part of a couple that used a hands off approach, which naturally drove away certain kinds of posters (which I would label "good" posters) and then the whole tenor of the board changed.

I'll leave this to the board owners and the mods for what kind of board they want. I've been on Patriots boards since the mid 1990s when Bill Simmons used to troll everyone on AOL and the fans envied the Jets.

Those Bill Parcells grocery arguments were just wonderful.

It's really not that good of an excuse. Anyone who's been a fan this long regardless of age should have come to terms with this eventuality a long time ago. It really doesn't feel that different to me compared with any other season we fell short.
I guess it depends on what you call falling short. The Pats have had the best record in the AFCE every single year since 2001. They're now going to have only 6 or 7 wins and that's something that many younger fans have never experienced. Imagining it happening isn't the same thing.

When the Pats passed on Sanders in 2014 he publicly belittled Amendola to try and make his point. Amendola ended up being a key player in two SB runs.

As for 2015, Sanders had no TDs in 3 playoff games for Denver and their MVP was Von Miller, a LB.
Exactly, Amendola is a pats legend for what he did in big spots for the team. If I remember correctly, the Broncos were trying had to get LaFell in 2014 and the Pats were pushing hard for Sanders. The opposite happened, but Lafell made some good plays for us in his one productive season for us

I guess it depends on what you call falling short. The Pats have had the best record in the AFCE every single year since 2001. They're now going to have only 6 or 7 wins and that's something that many younger fans have never experienced. Imagining it happening isn't the same thing.

I'm 25 and I'm telling you from my perspective it isn't that different. We won some, we lost some, and didn't win the Super Bowl. Especially not far off from a year like 2009 where we knew things weren't going anywhere.

Eh, I think I'd rather Belichick make the decisions than listen to my expertise.
Questioning owner, coach and player decisions is part of being a fan. That's how it should be, especially on a message board. After all, we pay the freight.
Exactly, Amendola is a pats legend for what he did in big spots for the team. If I remember correctly, the Broncos were trying had to get LaFell in 2014 and the Pats were pushing hard for Sanders. The opposite happened, but Lafell made some good plays for us in his one productive season for us
What I disliked the most about Sanders was that he mentioned Amendola publicly. I wouldn't want a player like that on my team.

Questioning owner, coach and player decisions is part of being a fan. That's how it should be, especially on a message board. After all, we pay the freight.

What I disliked the most about Sanders was that he mentioned Amendola publicly. I wouldn't want a player like that on my team.
Agreed. Playoff Danny sacrificed alot to stay in New England. Loved him once he found his niche

I'm 25 and I'm telling you from my perspective it isn't that different. We won some, we lost some, and didn't win the Super Bowl. Especially not far off from a year like 2009 where we knew things weren't going anywhere.
25 fits the timeline perfectly for me with the Celtics of the 60's and I was the same way then as you are now. In the C's case they were dominant for a slightly shorter time but won at a higher rate. Maybe I am giving those youngens too much leeway. :)

Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
Back