PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills make us look stupid.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Sign Kenny Stills who would be our number 1 from first time he hits the field.
Can’t wait to see this WR corps get fixed.
Meyers can stay as a 4 Harry as a 5 but it needs fixed desperately

kenny stills isn't a number 1 wr, on this or any team... and regardless, what does it matter when the qb has taken up worm hunting as an in game hobby?

I've always liked Kenny Stills, but why the heck would he want to sign with NE?

What's worse is BB passing on Emanuel Sanders when he wanted to sign with the Pats in 2014. That came back to haunt them in 2015 AFCCG.

What's worse is BB passing on Emanuel Sanders when he wanted to sign with the Pats in 2014. That came back to haunt them in 2015 AFCCG.
No what was worse was we could of signed him to a cost effective offer sheet that strapped to the cap Pittsburgh couldn’t match a decent offer but what happened was we low balled and offered only 1.5 mil more then Pitt had in cap space I want to say it was like 3.5 on a 2 year deal.
Pitt reworked one contact and they matched.
All we had to do was offer like 5 or 6 mill and they couldn’t of matched.
I think that’s the same year we traded for dough Gabriel.

No what was worse was we could of signed him to a cost effective offer sheet that strapped to the cap Pittsburgh couldn’t match a decent offer but what happened was we low balled and offered only 1.5 mil more then Pitt had in cap space I want to say it was like 3.5 on a 2 year deal.

Turn on your grammar check.

And yes, Bills made us look stupid. We made them look stupid for 20 years. Their turn now.

Fans are being a tad unreasonable lately. We’ve gotta step back from the ledge and acknowledge Stills’ signing means nothing. Even if he was the best Kenny he could be WITH NE, it would not have tipped the scales.

Rebuild/reset/retool. This team isn’t one player away. And if it were, Stills isn’t that player.

Doug Gabriel was traded for in 2006. But yeah, they lowballed Sanders making it easy for the Steelers to match.

But in 2014, he had a second chance and Sanders said he'd sign with the Pats if they gave him Amendola's contract. Bill wouldn't do it. Agent also said Pats just weren't aggressive enough.

No receiver can be our number 1 until we get a QB that can throw a football.

Now we are complaining about not signing an 11-receptions-for-144-yards free agent to be receiver for one game - after the Pats playoff chances were done - who played in all of four snaps against the Patriots six weeks ago?

You're a friggin moron to post such crap ... spoiled entitled Patriot's fan ... WTF.
Freaking team has won 6 Super Bowls to the Bill's 0 ... congratulations on easily showing how much your brain sucks.
Seems a bit harsh, no? I don't disagree that the tone of the OP is rather dramatic and entitled, but "friggin moron" and "brain sucks"?

One of those players who I can’t believe never played in NE. The other was some scrub passed over for Daniel Graham. :oops:

When the Pats passed on Sanders in 2014 he publicly belittled Amendola to try and make his point. Amendola ended up being a key player in two SB runs.

As for 2015, Sanders had no TDs in 3 playoff games for Denver and their MVP was Von Miller, a LB.

One of those players who I can’t believe never played in NE. The other was some scrub passed over for Daniel Graham. :oops:
You mean Ed Reed? Would've loved seeing him playing in NE. Although, do they still go after Rodney Harrison a year later if they drafted Reed? If they do, imagine a backline of Reed and Harrison. :oops:

You're a friggin moron to post such crap ... spoiled entitled Patriot's fan ... WTF.
Freaking team has won 6 Super Bowls to the Bill's 0 ... congratulations on easily showing how much your brain sucks.

Yikes Icy.
I mean, you aren't wrong, but the words "moderator" and "staff member" are next to your name. This place is absurd enough at times.

Easy to give out 5M-6M contracts with the benefit of hindsight for someone that up to that point was a WR3 in Pittsburgh.

And before you try to relativize that keep in mind that the Steelers didn't bother giving him a first or second round tender at that point. Which brings us to another important thing to consider.. the offer sheet didn't come for free but a third round pick would have been involved which would have been the equivalent of either Logan Ryan or Duron Harmon.

Seems a bit harsh, no? I don't disagree that the tone of the OP is rather dramatic and entitled, but "friggin moron" and "brain sucks"?

I get why you're saying this since moderators have power and we're just poster minions, BUT man do I think the reaction to the first losing season in 20 years is moronic and a problem of not having enough history and perspective. Maybe we should be gentle if the posters are young, but I've been saying this for long before this year: we have to recalibrate our expectations. Belichick and the organization are still going to outwork and outclass the Bills. Kenny Stills who for some reason is always looking for a new team doesn't really mean much in the scheme of things.

I would welcome the Mods becoming more feisty in the future if the tone of this board continues with this totally unrealistic whining.

Last edited:
You mean Ed Reed? Would've loved seeing him playing in NE. Although, do they still go after Rodney Harrison a year later if they drafted Reed? If they do, imagine a backline of Reed and Harrison. :oops:

I think they do because Rodney was a SS/Rover type and Mr. Ed was more of a FS type, though the Ravens certainly used him in the box at times. What an awesome secondary that would have been!

I think they do because Rodney was a SS/Rover type and Mr. Ed was more of a FS type, though the Ravens certainly used him in the box at times. What an awesome secondary that would have been!
Right, they signed Rodney even though they drafted Eugene Wilson and still had Lawyer Milloy under contract. So it in all likelihood wouldn't have changed much with Harrison and Reed making Milloy expendable. That would have been perhaps the great secondary ever in 2003/04 and Reed's presence would've kept the pass D respectable throughout the rest of the 2000s.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back