PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills looking to take cheapshots in rematch "the whole hood want gronk"

Status
Not open for further replies.
He fell? You're going to go with he fell? That's some balance-beam mental gymnastics right there. As a big fan of you on this board, that's a pretty ludicrous take, Ross.

I love Gronk, and what he did was the only time I have seen him do anything of that sort. That does not change that it was a bush league play. If someone did that to Malcolm Butler after a play, Patriot fans would rightfully complain. What White did, by holding him on the play, was not "its own kind of dirty." My goodness, we're out here calling the Bills soft and then we're going to whine that a defensive back grabbing a jersey is dirty? The same fans who rooted for Rodney Harrison are now saying that grabbing a receiver's jersey is dirty. Goodness.

We have lots of posters in here whining a lot about other people whining. Whining about what other fans are saying about the Pats--Oh no not that. Heavens what will we do?!? Lots of internet tough guy talk mixed in with a lot of crying. He got suspended for one game, it'll be fine. The Bills aren't going to intentionally injure someone the next game. Posters clutching their pearls that someone is going to come after a guy who fought and beat the **** out of the entire Seahawks team by himself.
I haven't been obsessing over this incident and I haven't watched the play again since I saw it live. I guess he didn't just "fall", he did jump on the dude, but it's a far cry from some sort of Flying Elbow move that some make it out to have been.

I don't get why it's wrong to say that holding another player for an extended period is "playing dirty", it's against the rules. Just because the refs don't call it doesn't mean it isn't wrong. There's more than one definition of a dirty play. Obviously it's not the same as trying to hurt someone, and I'm not trying to equate the two - I'm simply saying that Gronk didn't jump on an innocent bystander. The dude was screwing him over. Again, no, it doesn't make it right - I was just pointing that out.

I haven't been obsessing over this incident and I haven't watched the play again since I saw it live. I guess he didn't just "fall", he did jump on the dude, but it's a far cry from some sort of Flying Elbow move that some make it out to have been.

I don't get why it's wrong to say that holding another player for an extended period is "playing dirty", it's against the rules. Just because the refs don't call it doesn't mean it isn't wrong. There's more than one definition of a dirty play. Obviously it's not the same as trying to hurt someone, and I'm not trying to equate the two - I'm simply saying that Gronk didn't jump on an innocent bystander. The dude was screwing him over. Again, no, it doesn't make it right - I was just pointing that out.

Oh knock it off. Tom Brady has been called for international grounding before. That's against the rules. Those weren't dirty plays. If Nate Solder gets whipped off the line and tackles the DE so he doesn't crush Brady, that's not a dirty play. Penalty does not automatically equal dirty play, and you know this. Would you sing this silly tune if Travis Kelce were the suspended player?

White held Gronk. It should have been called. There's not much else to this. If Malcolm Butler held a guy, it didn't get called, he intercepted the pass and then after the whistle blew the guy he held dove at him and hit him in the back of the head with his forearm, you'd say that Malcolm was screwing him over? That he wasn't an innocent bystander? You would not.

Gronk apologized with no "Yeah buts", Belichick called it ******** to the Bills' coach. They don't agree with you. It's ok to have someone you like make a mistake, I still love Gronk. None of this is hard, Ross. I like you, you're just off here.

Oh knock it off. Tom Brady has been called for international grounding before. That's against the rules. Those weren't dirty plays. If Nate Solder gets whipped off the line and tackles the DE so he doesn't crush Brady, that's not a dirty play. Penalty does not automatically equal dirty play, and you know this. Would you sing this silly tune if Travis Kelce were the suspended player?

White held Gronk. It should have been called. There's not much else to this. If Malcolm Butler held a guy, it didn't get called, he intercepted the pass and then after the whistle blew the guy he held dove at him and hit him in the back of the head with his forearm, you'd say that Malcolm was screwing him over? That he wasn't an innocent bystander? You would not.

Gronk apologized with no "Yeah buts", Belichick called it ******** to the Bills' coach. They don't agree with you. It's ok to have someone you like make a mistake, I still love Gronk. None of this is hard, Ross. I like you, you're just off here.
Again, I agree that Gronk screwed up, and I’m not trying to say White was deserving of what happened. Perhaps I misrepresented my opinion. I think Gronk is deserving of a game suspension. I’m just bothered by White acting like Gronk committed a hate crime against him.

Again, I agree that Gronk screwed up, and I’m not trying to say White was deserving of what happened. Perhaps I misrepresented my opinion. I think Gronk is deserving of a game suspension. I’m just bothered by White acting like Gronk committed a hate crime against him.

I'm with you. I think he was a little shook up and completely overreacted. For all we know though he was just upset and venting via text to Ryan Clark and then Clark goes on TV and ups the ante, when he has no stake in it. I really doubt there will be any blowback the next game between the two teams.

I'm with you. I think he was a little shook up and completely overreacted. For all we know though he was just upset and venting via text to Ryan Clark and then Clark goes on TV and ups the ante, when he has no stake in it. I really doubt there will be any blowback the next game between the two teams.
I don’t think there will be any “revenge” attacks or anything in the next one either. At least I hope not. Maybe if Rex was still there since he seemed to run such a loose ship, but I’m hoping it’s at least a little bit tighter now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents