PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill never stopped treating Brady like he was 20

All I was trying to do with my "Chairman and CEO of Team Bill" moniker is offer the viewpoint that a) Tom wanted/needed more from the org and was genuinely burnt out from being here 20 years and b) Bill and Kraft knew that and let Tom move on.
That's a good way of looking at it and probably pretty accurate.

Seeing them interact in that NFL All Time 100 show, they looked comfortable with each other. Can't remember when that was, 2019?
I admit.....I've watched that segment several times (fanboy and looking for clues) and it did seem very sterile. Like two people in a biz meeting.

Compare that to Bill yuking it up with LT, Ed Reed and Murderer.

Yeah that winning thing sucks after awhile. I mean depending on who you believe, Bill had no idea Brady wanted to leave.
I'm not sure Bill knew Tom wanted to leave but he absolutely knew Tom was no longer keen on going along with the program like he had for ~15 years

I'm not sure Bill knew Tom wanted to leave but he absolutely knew Tom was no longer keen on going along with the program like he had for ~15 years
On some level I think Bill knew how frustrated Tom was with the roster. I also think Bill assumed Kraft will smooth everything over and Tom would back. Not unreasonable given that is what happened in the past many times. I do think both Bill and Kraft were floored by Tampa's offer. I don't believe neither thought they would be up against that type of offer with Tom about to turn 43 coming off not a very good 2019 season.

On some level I think Bill knew how frustrated Tom was with the roster. I also think Bill assumed Kraft will smooth everything over and Tom would back. Not unreasonable given that is what happened in the past many times. I do think both Bill and Kraft were floored by Tampa's offer. I don't believe neither thought they would be up against that type of offer with Tom about to turn 43 coming off not a very good 2019 season.
Agree.

Bill knew Tom was frustrated by the roster, his contract and the culture.

There was a report the NEP were going to offer what TB did. I don't buy it for a second as they didn't want Tom back.

Agree.

Bill knew Tom was frustrated by the roster, his contract and the culture.

There was a report the NEP were going to offer what TB did. I don't buy it for a second as they didn't want Tom back.
One other thing - credit to Licht and Arians for having the foresight to see Brady even at age 43 would be a great fit for their system and culture. The biggest knock on the signing was that Arians system and coaching style would be a terrible fit despite the talented receivers. The two of them really did their homework and were able to lure Brady to Tampa. Rarely does a FA signing of a 40+ old athlete ever work that well in any sport.

Robert Weathers is definitely not team Bill. WTF??

That dude is about as pure Pats fan as you can get.
Are you saying that pure Pats fans are those who prefer Belichick over Brady?

Are you saying that pure Pats fans are those who prefer Belichick over Brady?

No. Has he bashed Brady? He has an opinion on why he left but I haven't seen him bash him. He's all about the laundry.

I admit.....I've watched that segment several times (fanboy and looking for clues) and it did seem very sterile. Like two people in a biz meeting.

Compare that to Bill yuking it up with LT, Ed Reed and Murderer.
You're right. There's even a point where Tom says " yea that's Coach," like saying this old fart isn't going to change. They laughed it up but it was, like you say, business like for 2 guys that spent 20 years together.

You're right. There's even a point where Tom says " yea that's Coach," like saying this old fart isn't going to change. They laughed it up but it was, like you say, business like for 2 guys that spent 20 years together.
Check out the Staubach, Bradshaw and Starr interviews when they are asked how their HoF coaches treated them.

Bill is old school. Tuna was the same way with his QBs

No. Has he bashed Brady? He has an opinion on why he left but I haven't seen him bash him. He's all about the laundry.
You and he are two of my favorite posters and neither of you have ever bashed Brady that I know of.
My question was related to your comment that RW is a "pure Pats fan." What does that mean?

You and he are two of my favorite posters and neither of you have ever bashed Brady that I know of.
My question was related to your comment that RW is a "pure Pats fan." What does that mean?

Thank you very much.

That's a good question. I'm not entirely sure.

RW always seems balanced or level headed. He can criticize moves, drafts, throws etc etc...but always has an underlying appreciation for the team, coaches, players and history. He has uncanny ability to recollect specific plays or whatever from decades ago.

I'm using RW as an example but there are many posters that fit those parameters including yourself.

Anyway, that is a good question. Made me think about it.

Team Bill doesn't like Brady posts and they have a mod who agrees with that idiocy. That's pretty obvious.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Every time I come here it makes me want to come here less.

what do you expect when you have these 28 year old power hungry mods who like to micro manage?

this forum would be dead without opposing viewpoints. I’ve been posting here and contributing money here for over a decade.

Really?

I'm sure all the Belichick-haters would agree with you.

no you have a lot of view points we agree on, but the Belichick cult worshippers of this forum like you which makes me question if you play to their side at times

there used to be these two posters luuked and dabruinz who started a group text of Belichick and Chatham fan boys and they made fun of everyone else. HA!

no you have a lot of view points we agree on, but the Belichick cult worshippers of this forum like you which makes me question if you play to their side at times
I can't comment on how the BB cultists feel about me. I say things that are pro BB because I believe in BB and this franchise would be ****ed without him. The man has faults and makes mistakes. We know that but those mistakes don't mean he sucks are should be fired.
there used to be these two posters luuked and dabruinz who started a group text of Belichick and Chatham fan boys and they made fun of everyone else. HA!
I was not part of that text distro.

Please elaborate on this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't comment on how the BB cultists feel about me. I say things that are pro BB because I believe in BB and this franchise would be ****ed without him. The man has faults and makes mistakes. We know that but those mistakes don't mean he sucks are should be fired.

I was not part of that text distro.
I don’t think he should be fired. I actually really like his coaching ability. He has proven he is the best. Where I differ with other people is I think he has done a below average job as a GM since around 2013.

I’m hot and cold on mcdaniels. Mcdaniels at his best (2014 division playoff vs baltimore) was the best play caller in the business

I think Patricia is an awful coach

I don’t think he should be fired. I actually really like his coaching ability. He has proven he is the best. Where I differ with other people is I think he has done a below average job as a GM since around 2013.

Drafts are drafts. Some are good. Some poor. You and I have discussed this. I think if you looked at the picks post 2013 you would agree Bill did fine surrounding Brady with more than adequate talent to win 3 SBs
I’m hot and cold on mcdaniels. Mcdaniels at his best (2014 division playoff vs baltimore) was the best play caller in the business
It's hard to say an OC or DC sucks. Players make plays. I think JMD has done fine.
I think Patricia is an awful coach
As a HC no question. Horrible. As a DC? Same as Josh. All coordinators need talent to look good.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back