PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's fishing equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredFromDartmouth

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wow either he is the world's sneakiest fisherman (next to me) or he does not know a thing about fishing. That boat is a dog; he could afford something nice like an Albin or Contender but he has a freaking fresh water boat (Bowrider?). And gear is really dubious; a lousy plug unless there are maniacal blues around and the rod & reel & line are from the 70's....

Maybe he did this for the camera and his 36 foot Yellowfin with the three 300HP Verados is hidden away with his fancy gear...or maybe he is just a casual fisherman....but wait till he retires; he will be deadly on bass...

I think it was a Grady White- decent little reliable and nimble boat, especially for the shallows around Nantucket, where he was puttering around. I can't speak to the fishing gear.

Who needs equipment when you've got skill? ;)

I think it was a Grady White- decent little reliable and nimble boat, especially for the shallows around Nantucket, where he was puttering around. I can't speak to the fishing gear.

It was a Grady White. It is one of biggest selling boats in this area and the country. I'll tell you many serious fishermen (unless you are fishing for tuna or other big game fish) would rather fish off a 20 foot Grady White than a 36 foot Yellowfin.

I'm in the industry and many of the riches people I know who only use their boats for fishing, have smaller boats especially if they like to go out on their own a lot. If you are fishing for stripers, you don't want to have to deal with a bigger boat. You want something small so you can get in and out easily and bounce from spot to spot.

Besides, considering the car that Belichick has, he isn't the type of guy who needs the most expensive toys. He probably makes in a week more than most of us make in a year and I bet a lot of us have better cars than he does. I know I do.

Last edited:
Wow either he is the world's sneakiest fisherman (next to me) or he does not know a thing about fishing. That boat is a dog; he could afford something nice like an Albin or Contender but he has a freaking fresh water boat (Bowrider?). And gear is really dubious; a lousy plug unless there are maniacal blues around and the rod & reel & line are from the 70's....

Maybe he did this for the camera and his 36 foot Yellowfin with the three 300HP Verados is hidden away with his fancy gear...or maybe he is just a casual fisherman....but wait till he retires; he will be deadly on bass...

Dude, the man is simply a different breed! He also drives a Chevy Malibu. For being one of the highest paid coaches in America, BB does not ride in style!

I'll admit I was a little saddened by seeing him in a dual console Grady. You'd think the guy would at least have like a 26 Reg. Then again, he probably doesn't use it all that much and probably uses it more for just hanging out than fishing hard. He probably has little interest in the canyons or fishing east of Chatham from Nantucket so that boat probably does what he likes. I do loathe Grady's though.

I didn't think his gear was all that bad. Standard issue Penn with mono on a glass rod. Not fancy, not the choice for hardcore guys, but durable and utilitarian. That white surface tension isn't all bad for bluefish in those rips. Cast a mile and there's a lot of squid in there. Not a bad choice for what he was doing, actually.

I commercial rod and reel...I live in Charlestown,R.I. and during the summer fish the southwest holes of Block Island...I run a 20 foot Maritime center console with a Suzuki 4 stroke...been using this setup for eight years now...had a couple of Grady Whites years back...also good NE area water boats

I commercial rod and reel...I live in Charlestown,R.I. and during the summer fish the southwest holes of Block Island...I run a 20 foot Maritime center console with a Suzuki 4 stroke...been using this setup for eight years now...had a couple of Grady Whites years back...also good NE area water boats

Those Zukes are sweet, huh? Have a pair of the 115's on my boat and haven't had a hitch with about 2500 hours on them. How was your season, man? There were some slobs taken there this year.

So, in other words, he picks his boat/fishing gear like he picks his players: nothing fancy, no brand names, doesn't overpay, no one-trick ponies, but he does get useful, reliable, utilitarian equipment that serves multiple purposes and fits his system.

To extrapolate on the analogy, he's probably had a few fancy boats that he ended up not liking so much. One which would always break any time he wanted to use it and never seemed to fulfill it's intended purpose: he named it the Chad Jackson and scuttled it out at sea. Another which never went where he wanted it to go - it always went left or right, never straight. Then it broke. He named it the Laurence Maroney and traded it for a cheeseburger, convinced he was getting the better end of the deal.

I had a bunch of great runs...especially late May and early June...lately I've been fishing the rockpiles inshore...ton of bait moving south from Narragansett Bay down the south coast...last Sunday,at the wall by the Coast Guard house in Narry,I was putting Moms back in the car after dinner and spotted hundreds of gulls in the fog and mist...about 9 pm...sure enough, about a 1000 yard blitz of stripers in the surf along the rocks...I rushed home, grabbed the truck ,got back and fished til 11...took two keepers about 35 inches...threw back at least 30 fish...NOBODY was there but me...heh...next day I got about 20 calls *****in' me out...hey, you snooze you lose...

Last edited:
My buddy caught a 57" (just under 100#) halibut on my pole while I was up in the cabin (snoozin') in 12' of water last month. Caught a few in the 50# range.

Went trolling for kings (salmon) a few days ago, but only caught one jack and one small halibut.

Sorry...just had to throw that in.

It was a Grady White. It is one of biggest selling boats in this area and the country. I'll tell you many serious fishermen (unless you are fishing for tuna or other big game fish) would rather fish off a 20 foot Grady White than a 36 foot Yellowfin.

I'm in the industry and many of the riches people I know who only use their boats for fishing, have smaller boats especially if they like to go out on their own a lot. If you are fishing for stripers, you don't want to have to deal with a bigger boat. You want something small so you can get in and out easily and bounce from spot to spot.

Besides, considering the car that Belichick has, he isn't the type of guy who needs the most expensive toys. He probably makes in a week more than most of us make in a year and I bet a lot of us have better cars than he does. I know I do.

You have a better car than a top of the line (at the time) 2009 Volvo SUV?

My buddy caught a 57" (just under 100#) halibut on my pole while I was up in the cabin (snoozin') in 12' of water last month. Caught a few in the 50# range.

Went trolling for kings (salmon) a few days ago, but only caught one jack and one small halibut.

Sorry...just had to throw that in.

What? OK I'm jealous.:mad:

1. How many pounds of filets do you get out of a whale that size and how long does it take to bring one in?

2. How does a Pat's fan end up in Ak?

Bow rider boats allow the driver to stare at bikini wearing babes that lie out on the cushions up front. "Lets go fishing today....it's gonna be hot out....I bought you a new 2 piece....let me get some lotion on your back...you wanna see my bait...I know a quiet little beach." BB...always playing chess

Yo did you really just make this a thread? Game is starting in an hour and you're talking about this BS?

Yo did you really just make this a thread? Game is starting in an hour and you're talking about this BS?

Why not? It helps passes the time. No need to take your stress out on the posters in this thread.

I'm pretty sure the game has been discussed here all week.

You have a better car than a top of the line (at the time) 2009 Volvo SUV?

Well, I'm not going to answer that because if I do, I am just bragging and if I don't I am ashamed of myself. But I he had a crap car in the first episode. I didn't see the second episode until this morning where they showed his better car.

Yes lets pass the time by talking about BB's fishing equipment.......this is sad

You guys should spend some time off of this forum once in a while, ya know, see that thing they call the world?

Well, I'm not going to answer that because if I do, I am just bragging and if I don't I am ashamed of myself. But I he had a crap car in the first episode. I didn't see the second episode until this morning where they showed his better car.

There was a shot of him backing his Volvo SUV out of the garage in the early hours, in part 2 of the documentary. By the looks of it, it was a 2009 model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots