PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick's fishing equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? OK I'm jealous.:mad:

1. How many pounds of filets do you get out of a whale that size and how long does it take to bring one in?

2. How does a Pat's fan end up in Ak?

1. I woke up when I heard line peeling off my reel. They tire out pretty quickly...probably 20 to 30 minutes max. Minus head and guts...about 70 pounds of fillets. Split them down the lateral line and you get 2 filets per side about 5 inches thick, 12 inches at the widest part, 4 feet long. All good white meat. We harpooned it along side the boat. Some people pop em with a 410.

2. Drive to the west coast and take a right.

Yes lets pass the time by talking about BB's fishing equipment.......this is sad

You guys should spend some time off of this forum once in a while, ya know, see that thing they call the world?

hawaii-beach-relax-picture.jpeg

Lol I live in florida SON.....That picture you just showed is 5 minutes down the road from me....Anyways I was a little short before, but I still think there are better threads that could be made. I'm not stressed btw, that "stressed" update has been there since I joined the forum last winter....just sayin

There was a shot of him backing his Volvo SUV out of the garage in the early hours, in part 2 of the documentary. By the looks of it, it was a 2009 model.

From experience, they aren't that great in the snow. I just hope he's not late for practice after a snowstorm....:) (sarcasm meter for those missing the gene)

Yes lets pass the time by talking about BB's fishing equipment.......this is sad

You guys should spend some time off of this forum once in a while, ya know, see that thing they call the world?

Says a guy with multiple posts in the thread.....

You just had to get your two cents in tho huh?

Says the guy with 22,000+ posts......have you ever seen the light of day?

At 1 minute /post, that's 15+ days of solid Patfandom...and I just spent 2 minutes calculating this....dam the interweb

The boat is a Grady White with twin 4 cycle outboards. Probably 65,000 worth. Grady White is one of the oldest boatmakers in the USA and not cheap. If you know where the fish are it doesn't matter what your equipment is.

Says the guy with 22,000+ posts......have you ever seen the light of day?

I'm not the one who was crying about the posts in the thread, you are. I was pointing out the irony.

Last edited:
Yo did you really just make this a thread? Game is starting in an hour and you're talking about this BS?

You do realize that the thread was started last night? Oh.l. wait.. you don't. But thanks for your "insight"

I commercial rod and reel...I live in Charlestown,R.I. and during the summer fish the southwest holes of Block Island...I run a 20 foot Maritime center console with a Suzuki 4 stroke...been using this setup for eight years now...had a couple of Grady Whites years back...also good NE area water boats

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Get to the important stuff - How easily can you change the clocks on those things?

Last edited:
My method....you don't need no fancy boat either.

Dynamite.jpg

Last edited:
1. I woke up when I heard line peeling off my reel. They tire out pretty quickly...probably 20 to 30 minutes max. Minus head and guts...about 70 pounds of fillets. Split them down the lateral line and you get 2 filets per side about 5 inches thick, 12 inches at the widest part, 4 feet long. All good white meat. We harpooned it along side the boat. Some people pop em with a 410.

2. Drive to the west coast and take a right.

Not sure if the pic attached properly but this bad boy is as close as we get around here. Great year in Fishers Island Sound.

Attachments

• Various Pics 029.jpg
    Various Pics 029.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 291
Wow either he is the world's sneakiest fisherman (next to me) or he does not know a thing about fishing. That boat is a dog; he could afford something nice like an Albin or Contender but he has a freaking fresh water boat (Bowrider?). And gear is really dubious; a lousy plug unless there are maniacal blues around and the rod & reel & line are from the 70's....

Maybe he did this for the camera and his 36 foot Yellowfin with the three 300HP Verados is hidden away with his fancy gear...or maybe he is just a casual fisherman....but wait till he retires; he will be deadly on bass...

Was it good? I didn't get to see it!

You do realize that the thread was started last night? Oh.l. wait.. you don't. But thanks for your "insight"

Wow you got me.....what will I do? How will I go on? I'm ruined....

Wow you got me.....what will I do? How will I go on? I'm ruined....

Clearly, you have problems since your first instinct was to start attacking people in this thread. A thread that was started yesterday. A point you clearly missed.

And it explains the laughable private message you sent me where your swearing got bleeped out by the censors. You can always tell the intelligence of a person when they have to resort to picking on people regarding their post count.

You are 100% wrong.....I attacked the thread topic, then I was attacked for voicing my opinion...get your facts straight before talkin smack

You are 100% wrong.....I attacked the thread topic, then I was attacked for voicing my opinion...get your facts straight before talkin smack

You clearly don't have your facts right.

1) The thread was started last night. You claimed it was started today.

2) You attacked people for taking part in the thread, calling it BS, saying it's sad and saying that they should "See the world."

3) You weren't attacked. All that happened to you is that it was pointed out to you that people can talk about what they want (Rob and Patpsycho) and that the thread was started 13 hours before you posted in it (I pointed this out to you). That was us voicing our opinions about your "insightful" comments.

The boat is a Grady White with twin 4 cycle outboards. Probably 65,000 worth. Grady White is one of the oldest boatmakers in the USA and not cheap. If you know where the fish are it doesn't matter what your equipment is.

Price does not make it a decent boat. The split window and seats up front mark it as a great boat for ah for Lake Winnipesaukee; it is crap boat for the ocean. I have been in some Grady's and I do not like them; I find them a very "stiff" ride. Nor do I like walk-around cabins on Gradys (although BB does not have this); it cuts down the cabin dimensions for convenience of walking around (although we had to do a lot of walking around today for the huge Albie my friend caught!).

If I had BB salary I could have a Contender Albin or Yellowfin. His boat is dreadful for the ocean but I suspect that he put as much thought into his boat choice as his wardrobe. When he retires I suspect he will turn his intellect to fishing and then he can get some decent gear.

The rod and reel and like was very old school and pretty sucky by today's standards. Fine for ravenous bluefish I guess. Same goes for the plug.

I can just see BB when he retires and get serious about fishing. He will probably have an Albin painted flat black with anti-radar coating and twin electric engines that he uses to hunt bass at night...no lights / no sounds. Sneaking out of the harbor at dusk and quietly returning before dawn. A reporter might ask how the fishing is and he would answer "It is what it is." or "You will have to ask the fish".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back