PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick Post Game Press Conference Transcript

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bill Belichick Post Game Press Conference Transcript
By: Ian Logue

Here's what Bill Belichick had to say following the Patriots blowout preseason loss to the Lions Thursday night....

On the pressure Detroit’s defensive line put on them:

“They did everything well. They did everything well, they did well in all three phases of the game.”

WHAT???? I'm shocked!!!!! Bill, said THAT?????

On the fact [the reporter] was talking about practicing dealing with different situations and if that was at least a positive:

“Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

krist...I wrote that in a post a half hour ago when I related what I saw him doing on the sideline during the game...I could write this post game presser asleep for chrissakes

On why they only played two quarterbacks tonight:

“Because we played two quarterbacks.”

otherwise known as "eff you moron" in Bill speak

hahaha. Classic Bill.

OPENING STATEMENT:

“I think you obviously have to give a lot of credit to Detroit tonight. They really handled us in every phase of the game. We really weren’t very competitive in anything. We got thoroughly outplayed and out-coached and they just did everything better than we did. Obviously when you turn the ball over four times in the first quarter, that will knock you out of most any game, and it practically knocked us out of this one. We couldn’t ever make a stop in the second half defensively to ever really make it competitive, even though we had a couple of decent drives offensively. But when you can’t stop them on defense, then we couldn’t get back in the game. Couldn’t score on offense, so it’s a bad combination. Too many negative plays. Just too many bad plays in all phases of the game. We’ve got a lot of work to do and that certainly wasn’t a very competitive performance tonight.

was he reading this off a cue card??

heh...I memorized this opening statement 10 years ago...heh heh

I love our coach....he's such a sandbagger....

otherwise known as "eff you moron" in Bill speak

RG3, THAT is called Belichicking it.

No more Mr Nice Guy!

OT but NFL Network has last night's Patriots vs Lions game on now.

Bad news is that Sudfeld STILL fumbles the ball in the Lion's Red Zone :bricks:

The biggest misconception with Belichicking it, so to speak, is that it's dull and boring. It's anything but. It is completely hilarious and every bit as quotable as a Parcells' one-liner. I saw the Wilfork exchange all over twitter and I laughed out loud.

The biggest misconception with Belichicking it, so to speak, is that it's dull and boring. It's anything but. It is completely hilarious and every bit as quotable as a Parcells' one-liner. I saw the Wilfork exchange all over twitter and I laughed out loud.

Jeff Howe went on to say that BB became animated and very interesting on the difference between a 2RB/1TE and 1RB/2TE set. Ask BB the right question and he'll talk as much as anyone.

Seriously, I don't understand how fans of any team wouldn't love him except for the 'theyze cheetrrrzzz' morons. Every team's fans hate the media because with very few exceptions they aren't that bright and most are annoying on top of it.

So of course the media think he's a jerk.

And here's what I think of the media:

20898.strip.gif

Florio's wake....funeral home owner..2 pall bearers...hearse driver...doorman to keep away the millions of fans who want to take one last pizz on his head....

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back