PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Bill Belichick: A Football Life" documentary on NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BB A Football Life on NFl Network Official Thread

Kaczur was fine as a starting RT in 2008, and your argument was about "complete", not a position-by-position comparison.

2008 was definitely a more complete team than the current squad.

The rookies at RB have shown absolutely nothing to this point, so claiming them is just pretending or hoping.

LB is a huge question mark. Right now, the Patriots have 1 linebacker who's healthy and worthy of being a starter.

Lastly, the notion that 2011 Waters is an upgrade over 2008 Neal is just absurd.

Nope. Youre wrong. Kaczur NEVER was a good starter on our team and this entire forum was calling for a new Tackle to be drafted every year that Kaczur was here. He was also coming off the SB where he was demolished over and over again. Yeah.... he was pretty bad.

Ridley showed a lot in preseason. Woodhead is a better playmaker than Faulk was in 08. BJGE is better and more dependable than Maroney was.

LB isnt a huge question mark. Mayo has 1 spot. Fletcher is very promising. Guyton and Ninkovich have been in the system a while now and have been serviceable.

Last edited:

Nope. Youre wrong. Kaczur NEVER was a good starter on our team and this entire forum was calling for a new Tackle to be drafted every year that Kaczur was here. He was also coming off the SB where he was demolished over and over again. Yeah.... he was pretty bad.

Ridley showed a lot in preseason. Woodhead is a better playmaker than Faulk was in 08. BJGE is better and more dependable than Maroney was.

LB isnt a huge question mark. Mayo has 1 spot. Fletcher is very promising. Guyton and Ninkovich have been in the system a while now and have been serviceable.

Live the fantasy.

damn, so BB did have some problems with the team during that colts game....

it was the saints game....

I missed this bit...could anybody offer a summary?

There wasn't a whole lot of in depth discussion.

The segment featured a round table discussion with Bob and Jon Kraft, Floyd Reese, BB and Caserio.

IIRC, they said now that the Seymour situation is resolved they can get to work on what would figure to be a difficult negotiation with #75.

Jonathan mentioned that this is a situation where it is really helpful to have the franchise tag as a means for leverage.

All people involved agreed that Wilfork's new deal was a top priority and that they would get to work on asap.

There wasn't a whole lot of in depth discussion.

The segment featured a round table discussion with Bob and Jon Kraft, Floyd Reese, BB and Caserio.

IIRC, they said now that the Seymour situation is resolved they can get to work on what would figure to be a difficult negotiation with #75.

Jonathan mentioned that this is a situation where it is really helpful to have the franchise tag as a means for leverage.

All people involved agreed that Wilfork's new deal was a top priority and that they would get to work on asap.

Thank you!

Edit: I was just thinking how so much time has passed since that trade that by the time Solder was drafted, the origins of the pick were hardly discussed any more.

Last edited:

when BB had his feet/ toes showing at the beginning Do you think that turned Rex on at all??? Curious?

:cool::eek::cool:

Is anyone going to apologize to Deus Irae? I'm pretty sure that's what he's waiting for, along with a * or something.

I TOLD U GUYS IT WAS JUST MOSS AND WELKER BUT U DIDNT LISTEN 2 ME :rofl:

Best posts in the thread so far.
Actually I don t even remember him having that point of view. He was a big Maroney guy too. Closest I can remember was he didnt like Sam Aiken, but facts never stopped him from arrogant assertion before.

Thank you!

Edit: I was just thinking how so much time has passed since that trade that by the time Solder was drafted, the origins of the pick were hardly discussed any more.

They didn't get into the trade. It was put there in passing, via a news report and a still shot of Seymour. The closest they got to addressing it was saying "well, now that the Seymour thing is done...." (paraphrased).

Kraft "Now that the Richard deal is done, how do we look at this thing with Vince? What's the probability we can do this?"

Then some franchise tag talk.

Someone says bottom line Vince wants to be here, Kraft responds, "And we want him here."

The "now that the Richard deal is done" is the only mention of Seymour, nothing groundbreaking.

IT started with "Now that the Richard deal is done, what can we do about
Vince" from Robert Kraft. Jonathon added that now that the tag is available for him, it will help, and also made an interesting comment about how they see the tag as leverage.

Thank you!

Your welcome!

Yeah, it does seem like quite a while ago. And with the way Seymour has performed in OAK it kinda seems like the Raiders fleeced us.

However, presuming that Solder becomes a steady bookend for the next 10 years I think I will have no problem with the deal.

Not the type of deal you see a lot though. Not many GM's/coaches have the kind of stability to make that trade.

They didn't get into the trade. It was put there in passing, via a news report and a still shot of Seymour. The closest they got to addressing it was saying "well, now that the Seymour thing is done...." (paraphrased).

Yep, I understand. I was just giving in to some late-night musing. :) (Can you tell I'm trying to avoid the actual work I have to do?)

Your welcome!

Yeah, it does seem like quite a while ago. And with the way Seymour has performed in OAK it kinda seems like the Raiders fleeced us.

However, presuming that Solder becomes a steady bookend for the next 10 years I think I will have no problem with the deal.

Not the type of deal you see a lot though. Not many GM's/coaches have the kind of stability to make that trade.
But thats where you have to listen the entire discussion. They discuss that they can now use the tag on Wilfork, in the same conversation as the Seymour deal being done. This confirms what many of us knew all along. They were going to need the tag for one or the other, and chose Wilfork. We couldn't keep them both.

But thats where you have to listen the entire discussion. They discuss that they can now use the tag on Wilfork, in the same conversation as the Seymour deal being done. This confirms what many of us knew all along. They were going to need the tag for one or the other, and chose Wilfork. We couldn't keep them both.

Yeah, I caught that too. Confirmed everyone's suspicions about what was going on. I noticed on AFC Playbook tonight that they were showing Seymour on the defense and he looked like he was playing nose tackle, unless I was mis-reading the defense they were showing. Lord knows he big & fast enough to fill in there.

In the end, I think the Patriots made the right choice in keeping Wilfork.

Yep, just because the trade worked out well for Oakland, that doesn't mean it was a bad move for the Patriots. Oakland got full value in Seymour precisely because they were able to franchise him! And the Patriots got a high draft pick in exchange for one year of his services. It just made sense all around.

It's easy to get nostalgic about past Pats looking at the old footage in the program, though. (Randy Moss was a special player to watch.)

Last edited:

Yeah, I caught that too. Confirmed everyone's suspicions about what was going on. I noticed on AFC Playbook tonight that they were showing Seymour on the defense and he looked like he was playing nose tackle, unless I was mis-reading the defense they were showing. Lord knows he big & fast enough to fill in there.

In the end, I think the Patriots made the right choice in keeping Wilfork.

Unless you think Jonathan Kraft is a liar, there was no choice that needed to be made, in terms of Wilfork v. Seymour and money:

Transcription (as best I can)

We've never been in a position where we haven't been able to do what we've wanted to do because of our cap position....

CBS Audio Player

Either Kraft is a liar or the Seymour situation wasn't about the cap.

Last edited:

I'm going to be looking to see what sort of tie-in/flashback we get with the "cover Moss and Welker and we're done (paraphrased)" comment in the time between the Wes injury and the start of the playoff game.

The original trailer shows a not-so-happy BB informing Kraft that Welker was done for the year.

I'll be interested to see if they flash back to the "Wally Pipp" comment myself.

anyone have a link to download or stream? Would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

If they did this in 2010 behind the scenes when Moss was let go,the viewing audience might have been higher than the super bowl ratings

It APPEARS that the entire first half of this program is up on NFL.com in five separate clips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back