PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill and Bob's Excellence Adventure

After thinking about this long and hard I've come to a conclusion about my feelings if there's a breakup. At first I wanted Bob to make as sweet a deal as he can but I'm not sure now. If these two men break up then it needs to be amicable from both sides, just as it was when Bill and Bob's Roast Beef started.

Both Bill and Bob should be grateful for what the other gave them. Bill got full control of an NYFL team for 25 years and Bob got a 20 year dynasty. If either of them screws over the other I won't be happy. I'll be even less happy if they don't split up though.

Am I alone on this?
Like Mike... you are not alone, I am here with you. It's imminent that a split is going to happen wether we as fans want it to happen or not. It up to RK.. he holds the cards. The loosing the last few seasons has only amplified the dysfunction. Bill is only human he can't do everything. I'm appreciative for Bill, Rk and TB12 together these great men gave us something never to be replicated in any sport ever again. TB12 didn't get a lifetime contract so Bill shouldn't be entitled to one as well IMO... on jobs in the real world no matter how much past success we've had, if we aren't producing we become a distressed asset!

That is why I want BB to make those choices. I think he is the best person to identify the holes and address them. Hopefully BB wants to stay and finish the rebuild.
I guess you haven't been paying attention to Bill's offensive picks (RDs 1-3) back to 2013:

QB: Mac Jones, Brissett, JimmyG
OT: Wynn, Garcia
OL: Strange, Thuney
TE: Asiasi, Keene
WR: Thornton, Harry, Dobson

Red
: busts
Black: back-up
Green: avg. starter
Blue: Pro-bowl

Thuney is the only elite pick out of 12 going back to 2013. Bill sucks at identifying elite offensive talent.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to Bill's offensive picks (RDs 1-3) back to 2013:

Red

Thuney is the only elite pick out of 12 going back to 2013. Bill sucks at identifying elite offensive talent.
There are other ways to build a team that are equally important. FA's, coaching, building depth instead of high-level talent. Since 2013 nobody has coached a team to more SB victories, so I'm not sure I care that much about anyone's perception that BB has been a bad GM since 2013. He has his way and it has worked well for years, I will give him another year before I start getting too excited about making a change. If Kraft decides to make a change I will hope for the best, but if BB's heart is still into it, I think he is the best person for the job.

Red

not-too-shabby-adam-sandler.gif

I'm wondering when Andrews will hang them up. I hope he has a year or two left in him to anchor the line for a bit.
I’ve been wondering about Andrews also because after each game at the podium he looks like he’s been through the ringer.

I read an article today which said Kraft will try to trade Belichick.

I have no idea where reporters are getting this information, but how in the world is this going to work?

As soon as Kraft names a new coach, that's it: Belichick will be considered effectively fired as far as the NFL is concerned. Belichick will be free to make any deal he wants.

This isn't a Sean Payton situation.

Unfortunately I don't think Kraft has the guts to fire Bill and after how pushing Tom out backfired spectacularely in his face.

I also doubt Bill would be as gracious as Tom which is another potential PR nightmare for Kraft.

Unfortunately I don't think Kraft has the guts to fire Bill and after how pushing Tom out backfired spectacularely in his face.

I also doubt Bill would be as gracious as Tom which is another potential PR nightmare for Kraft.
Yup. BB will activate every social media platform and go off ****ting on everything Patriots. :rolleyes:

Curran is on Dan Patrick telling everyone that Kraft is going to ask Belichick to sell him on keeping him.

Is Curran out of his mind?

That conversation will go like this:

Kraft: "So, tell us Bill, what are your plans to get us back to the playoffs? Why are you the guy to do it?"

Belichick: "I've been coaching this team for 23 years and you don't know how I'll go about getting us into the position to win big games?"

If they want to fire Belichick, they need to just fire him. Enough of this, "We're going to make you sing for your supper," stuff that Curran is peddling. I hope there's no truth to it, it's asinine.

When you don't want someone to be the team's coach, the owner fires him. That's it. I can't think of a single example where this wasn't true.

I hope Kraft is decisive and does not stretch this BS out for 2 weeks.
Cut the umbilical cord and move on with a new start.
Kraft wants everyone to love him as his top priority, unfortunately.

Yup. BB will activate every social media platform and go off ****ting on everything Patriots. :rolleyes:
You mean that Snapface that he's always going on about? :haha:

Yeah doubtful there will be any social media backlash. If BB goes it will be quietly in the night.

But my feeling is Kraft will explore a trade if he decides to part ways. Might as well get some compensation on the way out.

And if a team is trading FOR BB that's a signal they are willing to give him what he wants so he's more likely to go there.

What I mean by "fine" is; they are not far away from being a playoff contender. Of course the offense this year struggled with terrible QB play and lots of injuries on the O-line and at the WR position. BB will be the best coach to take a crack at correcting the issues if he wants to stick around.
There were 6 close losses with HORRIBLE QB play. Average QB playing those games and the team is 10-6. Pointing out other weaknesses doesn’t overcome that. Every contender, every SB champ has weaknesses.
With 100 mill to spend to get a viable qb on the field plus address other holes, this absolutely can be a strong contending team next year.
There will be a lot of roster turnover. (Has to be with 100 mill cap space) The biggest one season roster turnover I remember happening was the patriots in the off season between 2000 and 2001 and it launched a dynasty. I want the guy who put that one together to put this one together.

You're the one that said "The best outcome for both of them."

Why would you then question the best outcome for Bill (breaking Shula's record)? This is his goal.

It can end amicably only if he agrees to give Kraft some of the money Kraft owes him. But he's not going to give all of that money back, and he's certainly not going to agree to a contract that allows Kraft to trade him.
Chasing Shula's record for wins (he already has the all-time loss record) isn't the best outcome for both of them. Not if Bill stays here.

Bill probably made close to a half billion dollars here and had full control over the football operation. He should be grateful that Bob gave him that opportunity at a time when many people thought Bill would be a bust.

Like Mike... you are not alone, I am here with you. It's imminent that a split is going to happen wether we as fans want it to happen or not. It up to RK.. he holds the cards. The loosing the last few seasons has only amplified the dysfunction. Bill is only human he can't do everything. I'm appreciative for Bill, Rk and TB12 together these great men gave us something never to be replicated in any sport ever again. TB12 didn't get a lifetime contract so Bill shouldn't be entitled to one as well IMO... on jobs in the real world no matter how much past success we've had, if we aren't producing we become a distressed asset!
Sorry about the delay getting back to you. It's been hectic around here.

I don't know exactly what an owner's rights are in a situation like this. I know in Bill's case when he left the Jets the Pats had to negotiate with them but that was a resignation. Is it the same for a firing? Probably not.

Bill has had 3 losing seasons in the last 4 years and that's more losing seasons than Shula* had in his entire 33 years. That's a real eye opener.

Bill has had 3 losing seasons in the last 4 years and that's more losing seasons than Shula* had in his entire 33 years. That's a real eye opener.
On the other hand Shula managed to miss the playoffs in 6 of 13 seasons with Dan Marino (including 4 years in a row between 1986 and 1989 in Marino's age 25-28 seasons).

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. It's been hectic around here.

I don't know exactly what an owner's rights are in a situation like this. I know in Bill's case when he left the Jets the Pats had to negotiate with them but that was a resignation. Is it the same for a firing? Probably not.

No problem at all my friend! Your right on everything. Seems like such an anal, military minded Bill appears humbled. Now that his job is in jeopardy. Now he's on the other end of the table where RK and JK will decide what his future with the organization will be. Personally I'd like Vrabel. What do you make of these meetings?

No problem at all my friend! Your right on everything. Seems like such an anal, military minded Bill appears humbled. Now that his job is in jeopardy. Now he's on the other end of the table where RK and JK will decide what his future with the organization will be. Personally I'd like Vrabel. What do you make of these meetings?
The split turned out to be amicable as I was hoping it would be. It looks like Bob took the high road.

Both of those guys should be thrilled to have had the run they had together.

I'm excited about the team now no matter who ends up as the HC.

The split turned out to be amicable as I was hoping it would be. It looks like Bob took the high road.

Both of those guys should be thrilled to have had the run they had together.

I'm excited about the team now no matter who ends up as the HC.
Absolutely he did. Both these men achieved greatness together and I'm also excited about the future of the team.

I resign as HC of the NEP.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back