PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill’s first offer…

This might be the most hilarious thing I have ever read. Thank you for the laugh.
Says the guy who thinks they could roll Bill up to the sideline in a wheelchair in his 90's and he'd be effective. Talk about funny.

But what about being 72 instead of 67 made this so? That's what we were discussing.
You were actually discussing 67 to 52 and changed that to 90 for Bill, the name on the post's title. But if you wanted to know about being old you should have asked me. I'm an expert.

You were actually discussing 67 to 52 and changed that to 90 for Bill, the name on the post's title. But if you wanted to know about being old you should have asked me. I'm an expert.
The op was comparing 72 to 50s

I moved the goalpost to 67 vs 50s because he won a title then and it breaks his original statement that way

Then I switched to the relevant conversation current age vs age of last title. And I see nothing age related that I would blame the decline on.

This isn't even a team Bill thing it's just pointing out how dumb the age thing is. It could creep on Bill real quick but as of yet he has a full tank so I'd assume similar results if he had a similar roster to when he won.

Says the guy who thinks they could roll Bill up to the sideline in a wheelchair in his 90's and he'd be effective. Talk about funny.
That's not what I said. I said he'd probably still be better than some of the bums in the league.

I don't know why some are pretending it is fantasy land where a 72 year old is just as equipped to do a job as he was when he was 52. I don't know if some of the older folks on here don't want to admit it but being 72 certainly isn't helping Bill's case.
IMO neither does the report that he stopped talking to his starting QB.

This is something I could totally see Tuna doing as well back in the day. Cut from the same cloth.

"This wound up being a rough hiring cycle for coaches with reputations for having stronger personalities and/or being heavy-handed in their dealings with others. Belichick, Mike Vrabel, Brian Flores and Eric Bieniemy missed out."

"This isn’t necessarily good or bad. It’s just notable that ownership generally deferred to front offices by hiring younger, less empowered coaches."
I think that’s what happened in Atlanta. The minute Bill had his second interview everyone in the FO feared they’d be out of a job or at the least diminished in stature and overshadowed by Bill. So they started filling the air with arguments undercutting him. Once Bill didn’t get an immediate offer he could see what was happening and decided he didn’t want to wade into that snake pit.
A team like the Cowboys really missed an opportunity here. Jerry is insane to think Mike McCarthy is going to miraculously win with Dak Prescott at QB. He had a way better QB in Aaron Rodgers and only made ONE Super Bowl appearance. Not to mention they lost their DC Dan Quinn. Jerry is not in a long term situation so he should've kicked McCarthy to the curb and let Bill run the show for a few years. He has nothing to lose as they are an automatic first round exit playoff team right now anyways.
I was surprised Jerry didn’t give McCarthy a quick hook after Dallas lost. But Jones has loyalty as a high value so he chose to stick with McCarthy for the last year of his contract and couldn’t go back on that. He also painted himself into a corner earlier, while Dallas was still in the playoffs:
"I was a little surprised," Jones said regarding the reaction to his previous comments. "I don't know how I could be any clearer. Coach McCarthy is under contract for next year. So, that's not an issue. Secondly, I couldn't be more pleased with what he's done, and how he's coached. … I certainly haven't sat down here right in the middle of the playoffs and started talking to him about a contract. Why would you do that?”
That was before Kraft fired Bill, so Dallas was not ever in the competition.

However, Jerry’s later comments about how he could work with Bill indicate the door is open when McCarthy’s contract runs out next year. If he hasn’t gotten over the hump in the playoffs by then, and if Bill is still interested in coaching. Jerry is certainly not going to be intimidated by Bill having a strong personality the way the Atlanta FO was.

so I won’t be surprised if Bill ends up coaching in Dallas next year.

Quote source:
Cowboys' Jerry Jones clarifies comments on Mike McCarthy's future: 'I couldn't be more pleased'

I think that’s what happened in Atlanta. The minute Bill had his second interview everyone in the FO feared they’d be out of a job or at the least diminished in stature and overshadowed by Bill. So they started filling the air with arguments undercutting him. Once Bill didn’t get an immediate offer he could see what was happening and decided he didn’t want to wade into that snake pit.

I was surprised Jerry didn’t give McCarthy a quick hook after Dallas lost. But Jones has loyalty as a high value so he chose to stick with McCarthy for the last year of his contract and couldn’t go back on that. He also painted himself into a corner earlier, while Dallas was still in the playoffs:

That was before Kraft fired Bill, so Dallas was not ever in the competition.

However, Jerry’s later comments about how he could work with Bill indicate the door is open when McCarthy’s contract runs out next year. If he hasn’t gotten over the hump in the playoffs by then, and if Bill is still interested in coaching. Jerry is certainly not going to be intimidated by Bill having a strong personality the way the Atlanta FO was.

so I won’t be surprised if Bill ends up coaching in Dallas next year.

Quote source:
Cowboys' Jerry Jones clarifies comments on Mike McCarthy's future: 'I couldn't be more pleased'
Tbh I don't think Bill would be a good fit in Dallas for a number of reasons. It seems nice on paper, but when you really look at the Dallas org and makeup there, it's going to be a rough marriage

Kind of like the good laugh you promised when Bailey Zappe dominates and proves me wrong?
This ^ is an outright lie.

Don't lie, it's pathetic.

If I want the truth about anything Bill I search out Mike Lombardi's unbiased opinion.
Lombardi worked for Bill Walsh, Al Davis and BB... to say he knows more about pro football than media idiots and numbnuts here is a Grand Canyon sized gulf.

This ^ is an outright lie.

Don't lie, it's pathetic.
You were chirping all week that Zappe was gonna light up the Chargers cause 100 rating or something. Told me you'd be laughing later. Even told me to be online after the game and take my medicine. After watching Crappe stink up the field and get shut out I was here but you weren't. Weird.

BB was not offered a job by anyone. Full stop.

You were chirping all week that Zappe was gonna light up the Chargers cause 100 rating or something. Told me you'd be laughing later. Even told me to be online after the game and take my medicine. After watching Crappe stink up the field and get shut out I was here but you weren't. Weird.
You lied.

Be better.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
BB was not offered a job by anyone. Full stop.
You're not a hater... but here you are still celebrating and lying about what was reported 35 pages in. Sounds legit...

giphy.gif

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back