PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big question, who replaces Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
and who does he take...

I vote Rob Ryan as DC, with the exception Jim Bates....

Pepper Johnson. Isn't Ryan with the Raiders? I can't imagine he will leave that DC position to come here.

I vote for Pepper

Supposedly Bill said Rob Ryan has a job with him anytime. I'm not certain that Mangini leaves. I'd want Bradways gone or taking orders from Eric if I were interviewing. He sucks as a personnel and draft guy. But he is the one doing the hiring... Wrongo!!

huskeralk said:
Pepper Johnson. Isn't Ryan with the Raiders? I can't imagine he will leave that DC position to come here.
I'm pretty sure he got canned with Turner. I've also heard he may be a candidate for DC in NY with Mangini.

I'll say Pees unless he heads off to Miami. Pepper, Ryan, Bates are all possibilities.

huskeralk said:
I think Mangini will get an offer but not from the Jets. I would not like Pees as a DC and Rob Ryan is a DC in Oakland but the Coach got canned so the new guy will likely not keep the old staff.

Well

I can't imagine him taking the JETS job, so i think he will still be here next year! He is young and will have the chance for a better situation in the future. He is smarter than to walk into a bad situation in NY---besides it's not like he isn't paid well in NE!

Sorry to dissapoint he is gone, as is Givens, Harrison .. Unless Rodney defies medical odds... this was a bad way to go out... Im so pissed and drunk, but who ******* cares... god how did we beat ourselves....

KDPpatsfan said:
Rob Ryan is a DC in Oakland but the Coach got canned so the new guy will likely not keep the old staff.
Ryan's contract has expired. He's a free agent, so to speak.

BelichickFan said:
Ryan's contract has expired. He's a free agent, so to speak.
NOT FOR LONG!!!

Is Bob Ryan so much better than what we have here with Pepper & Pees ? Did he do that great a job with the Raiders ? What about Joel Collier (15 years as an NFL defensive coach) ? Unless Ryan comes back and brings a 1985 Bears-like defensive scheme with him, I don't wan't him. I prefer we stay in house, and play the same style defense that was great under Romeo Crennel. What I do want is an actual offensive coodinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back