PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big pregame celebration in California before opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANGR89

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Gee you think they did this because they plan on Brady still being suspended and Patriot fans boycotting the pregame celebrations?
Don't get me wrong if Brady out I want fans to do this but still think it's crazy their not having it at the super bowl Champs home!

Super Bowl is in San Fran this year so the northern california concert makes some sense. the article also says there are pregame festivities in both NE and California.

Gee you think they did this because they plan on Brady still being suspended and Patriot fans boycotting the pregame celebrations?
Don't get me wrong if Brady out I want fans to do this but still think it's crazy their not having it at the super bowl Champs home!
It does seem to be a preemptive move to diminish the effects of possible action by the Patriots and/or their fans. This league has the ethics of an alley cat.

Punishment for:FUA.jpg Goodell.jpg your team cheats.jpg wells report in context.jpg

Well of course they have to have a excuse. Lol just find it odd that the pregame concert normally at superbowl Champs home but not this year. And yea they are going to have some celebration there but the big party somewhere else, you know they have to make it look good for tv. Lol
Obviously this is just my opinion and I could be wrong but with.Goddell nothing would surprise me.

Hopefully they won't miss out on 70,000 Patriot fans giving Goodell the middle finger.

Hopefully they won't miss out on 70,000 Patriot fans giving Goodell the middle finger.
I was about to write that I'm sure they'll have a seven second delay to be able to bleep it or cut away to California..then I remembered that it's the sideshow circus clown car that is the NFL and they probably won't but will punish the Pats for their fans actions.....
And Bob Kraft will bob his head like the dog on the car dashboard...accepting it for the "good of the game"....

I was about to write that I'm sure they'll have a seven second delay to be able to bleep it or cut away to California..then I remembered that it's the sideshow circus clown car that is the NFL and they probably won't but will punish the Pats for their fans actions.....
And Bob Kraft will bob his head like the dog on the car dashboard...accepting it for the "good of the game"....

I honestly can't even imagine the reception Goödel is going to receive when he shows up at Gillette again.

Goodell surely won't be at Gillette for the opener. He'll make whatever remarks he's going to make from SF well before kickoff...

Q: In the last 11 years, how many defending champs lost part of their season opening celebrations to another city?

A: Two.

Q: Which teams were they?

(Reminder: Pats, Giants, Steelers, won twice. Saints, Packers, Ravens, Colts, Seahawks won once.)

A: Patriots, both times!

Last edited:
Well, at least there's a precedent, but I can only imagine that the League was happy to find it because there won't be much enthusiasm for the Foxboro version of the party. Plus, it gives Goodell someplace else to be on opening night. Come to think of it, I hope he takes Bob Kraft with him.

Won't watch ANY of the pregame NYFL BS but I will be watching the game if Kraft & Goodell are there.
Do me proud you game attendees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye