PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben: Tom Brady is best QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I must say i am surprised, especially since he is in the same team as two ***h#### who had said this about us

As soon as the New England Patriots fell short in a 21-17 loss in the Super Bowl, Harrison posted on Twitter: "Told you, cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"
Steelers safety Ryan Clark piled on with this on Twitter: "0-2 [in Super Bowls] post spy gate! Just saying!!"
Here is what Ben has to say

To me, he's the best quarterback in the league and he's done it for a long time. That's no disrespect to some of these others guys that are doing some amazing things in the NFL right now. But to me, it's about wins and championships -- and he's got more championships than anybody.

P.S I know Harrison is with the Cincinnati Kittens right now

He only justified it that way because he has one more ring than Peyton.

Interesting take. I wonder how long it will take before the Manning Mafia pays him a visit.

Do the Steelers play the Broncos, Saints or Packers this year? Somehow I think he would say the same thing the week of the game playing any of those teams about their QB.

Praise of your opponent during game week is really meaningless drivel. BB and TB have made other teams seem like super bowl contenders.

It is a bit self serving as another poster pointed out up above for Ben to suggest "he with the most rings is the best".

Ben is just saying that because A) he is playing the Patriots this week.

and B) He is saying wins and rings are above all else. He has 2 rings...get what I'm saying? He is subtlety suggesting his place in the QB rankings so to speak.

BTW, I never got the argument that the Pats have not won the Super Bowl since Spygate that Ryan Clark is arguing. Basically all of the Pats' Super Bowls came down to the last drive of the game. In Super Bowls the Pats won, the Pats stepped up on that last drive (two Brady lead drives for field goals and a Rodney Harrison INT) and in the ones they lost they didn't. I don't know how knowing the opposing defense's signals had anything to do with that especially since they lost the the first Giants' Super Bowl mostly because of an impossible catch by a Giants' receiver and two dropped INTs by the Pats' defenders.

He's said this since he came into the league ... before he started allegedly raping ;)

Big Ben also had this to say about himself:
"To me, I'm the best rapist in the league and I've done it for a long time. That's no disrespect to some of these others guys that are doing some amazing things in the NFL right now. But to me, it's about sexual assaults and sexual assault accusations -- and I've got more accusations than anybody."

I agree with the poster who said that about Spygate/Superbowl.

I hear that line all the time, "haven't won anything since Spygate."

But....look at our record. Look at what we've done since Spygate. We lost 2 Superbowls by the skin of our teeth. Easily could have gone other way. Pure ignorance when opposing fans say that.

Roethliesberger obviously hasn't taken a gander at Brady this season. If he had he would see a QB in obvious decline who can't make due without a receiver named Moss or Welker. Contrast Brady's performance with Aaron Rodgers, who's had to deal with just about if not more personnel losses...the difference is STAGGERING. Rodgers is posting MVP caliber numbers and meanwhile Tom Terrific is looking more like Josh McCown than Joe Montana.

Brady is missing wide open receivers left and right and seemingly cannot complete a pass over 20 yards in the air unless it is straight down the seam. Sure the team is 6-2 thanks to a cupcake schedule, but we're in for the same old story come playoff time - Misses Bundchen's going to face a strong front 4 like he has in the past and he's going to wilt just like he always does in the playoffs. Back out the divisional game against Tim Tebow and the 8-8 Denver Broncos at home, and what're Brady's playoff important stats in his last 9 games? He's thrown 13 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, and his team is 4-5...how do the fanboys on this board say he is not on the decline?

Contrast Brady's stats with Aaron Rodgers' stats in his last 8 playoff games (he's only played 9, but I backed out his highest rated game as I did Brady's vs Denver) and the difference is staggering. Rodgers: 14 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and his team is 5-3.

Drew Brees' last 9 playoff games 22 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, and his team is 5-4.

Even Peyton Manning, who'm we all deride as a terrible post season quarterback is better than Brady, although they share the same sub .500 record at 4-5 in their last 9 playoff games. Manning has 16 touchdowns and 8 interceptions, if you back out his top rated game as I did for Brady it reduces to 13 tds 8 picks - still far and away better than Tom Brady.

I used to go on KFFL and defend Bledsoe and Peter Carroll when I was a wee lad because all I saw was the laundry. Now, as a more mature fan it is easier to call it like it is; Brady is not even an average quarterback in the playoffs and he performs worse than his regular season peers....FACT not opinion

But....look at our record. Look at what we've done since Spygate. We lost 2 Superbowls by the skin of our teeth. Easily could have gone other way. Pure ignorance when opposing fans say that.

What position do you play?

I hear ya', but it takes a heavy dose of denial to think it made no difference.

Peyton Manning teabaged a trainer at Tennessee

The force of "not getting over it" is incredibly strong with the likes of Harrison, Clark, Polian, and Faulk.

BTW, I never got the argument that the Pats have not won the Super Bowl since Spygate that Ryan Clark is arguing. Basically all of the Pats' Super Bowls came down to the last drive of the game. In Super Bowls the Pats won, the Pats stepped up on that last drive (two Brady lead drives for field goals and a Rodney Harrison INT) and in the ones they lost they didn't. I don't know how knowing the opposing defense's signals had anything to do with that especially since they lost the the first Giants' Super Bowl mostly because of an impossible catch by a Giants' receiver and two dropped INTs by the Pats' defenders.

Not only that, but they didn't have the Eagles and Panthers signals, hadn't played those teams that year. In fact, the last time the Patriots played the Panthers, George Siefert was the coach. But, maybe it is possible that Fox never changed Seifert's signals, or that Andy Reid goes year to year without changing signals.

No, it takes a heavy dose of logic. They didn't even have game tapes on the Panthers and Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes