PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben out for season

I can't stand him but hope he recovers well and is back on the field.
It's gonna be really hard for him to come back from this, especially given his age, the fact that he's going to be out for months if not a full year, and the fact that Rudolph is basically being given a perfect opportunity to supplant him.

If Roethlisberger winds up with the choice between working his tail off rehabbing but winding up playing in another uniform, or hanging it up and enjoying retirement, I wonder what he'd do.

Meh, the steelers weren't making the playoffs with Big Bun anyway....

It's gonna be really hard for him to come back from this, especially given his age, the fact that he's going to be out for months if not a full year, and the fact that Rudolph is basically being given a perfect opportunity to supplant him.

If Roethlisberger winds up with the choice between working his tail off rehabbing but winding up playing in another uniform, or hanging it up and enjoying retirement, I wonder what he'd do.

..and the Squealers just gave him a fat extension. His contract is un-tradeable until the conclusion of the 2020 season.

Hes definitely in that age where some injuries are so severe they are too much to overcome.

If he really does have an ulnar collateral ligament tear which will take an entire year to recover and rehab, at 38 I give him 50/50 if he can come back and be effective.

I gotta think they'll be patient with him and see how he does with his rehab.

..and the Squealers just gave him a fat extension. He is un-tradeable until the conclusion of the 2020 season.

Hes definitely in that age where some injuries are so severe they are too much to overcome.

If he really does have an ulnar collateral ligament tear which will take an entire year to recover and rehab, at 38 I give him 50/50 if he can come back and be effective.

If it’s Tommy John, I think his career is shot.

Who the hell will stop the Ravens now. Pats might go 14-2 and be the #3 seed??!!

Who the hell will stop the Ravens now. Pats might go 14-2 and be the #3 seed??!!
Guys like Jackson rarely stay healthy in the long term. That style of play puts a lot of stress on the body. The team that will stop the Ravens is probably the Ravens.

Wow, big blows for the NFL in week two. Big Ben, Brees. This will affect the spectacle bigly. Already I have no interest in watching tonight's game. Imagine other matchups going forward.

I'm up for a comedy.

I don't think no team in NFL history went 14 - 2 and didn't get HFA or a first round bye!

Brees, Manning, Cheeseburger, Rivers, and Brady has been the NFL to me for a very long time. Makes me appreciate even Brady more, if possible, as these moments can end in a SNAP of the finger.

Looks like the oldest MLB pitcher to have TJ surgery was John Smoltz at 33 years old.

Ben is of course 4 years older.

With others I totally agree that Brady has done a lot to preemptively reduce risks.
Yeah, learning to relax into a hit being inflicted by a fast moving 240+ lb human being can't be easy or for everyone :)

Wow. Brees (at least temporarily) and Big Ben down for the count and it's only Week 2...

I don't think no team in NFL history went 14 - 2 and didn't get HFA or a first round bye!

The 2004 Patriots finished 14-2 and ended up with the #2 seed. Beating #1 seed Pittsburgh in the AFCCG

The 1998 Flacons finished 14-2 and ended up with the #2 seed. Beating #1 seed Minnesota in the NFCCG

Looks like the oldest MLB pitcher to have TJ surgery was John Smoltz at 33 years old.

Ben is of course 4 years older.
That said Schilling came back from an absolutely nasty ankle injury at an older age. Long enough to be a significant factor in one last World Series anyway.

The question now: is Ben Hall of Fame worthy? Probably.

Played for a long time, face of the franchise, won a lot of games, went to three super bowls and won two. That's about as good as it gets if you are not TB12.

He sucks anyways ... the injury is doing him a favor.

Well, here we go... Now Big Ben can claim that he only lost to the Patriots because of his elbow.

He sucks anyways ... the injury is doing him a favor.
I think he was in for a rough year. Didn't have the weapons at his disposal as he had in the past.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back