PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Big Ben accused of sexual assault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Big Ben Accused of Sexual Assault

roeth.jpg

C'mon, am I really the only one who finds that creepy? She's basically him minus a y chromosome.

Oedipus Ben?

So he'd make a nice hostess for the luxury floor at Harrah's? :p

He'll use the head trauma defense.

....:rofl:....

WOW!

The most pointed accusations by McNulty are directed at Guy Hyder, Chief of Security at Harrah's Lake Tahoe, and John Koster, Harrah's Northern Nevada President.
Harrah's Entertainment Inc., is not named as a defendant in the suit.
The complaint states that Koster's valued friendship with Roethlisberger was something he often boasted of and that Hyder, when told of the alleged assault by McNulty, said that McNulty was overreacting.
Hyder also allegedly said "most girls would feel lucky to get to have sex with someone like Ben Roethlisberger" that "Koster would love you even more if he knew about this" and that "Koster would suck his d--k if Roethlisberger let him."

Typical Steelers fan.

Obvioulsy there's LOTS more to this story.

Last edited:

The article raises his motorcycle accident:confused: So if he's found guilty the defense could reach for brain damage or the like.

If it's NOT true then she's doing an extreme disservice to the women who are the real victims; cases of abuse in the NFL have been documented in the past, real cases, but every fake golddigger type case that comes to light simply serves to make it that much more difficult for the real victims to garner any credibility.

Either way these suits are becoming more and more commonplace, I hope the money-grubbers knock it off so that issues like this gets the attention they deserve.

Football's a violent, aggressive, and highly competative sport, not every player's able to smoothly and easily transition from one persona to another. Many can, but not all.

Too little, too late from ESPN on Roethlisberger | ProFootballTalk.com

ESPN not reporting this at all just smacks of pandering to the Steelers and thier fans. Sickening.

Wasn't there another recent NFL story that ESPN opted not to cover? I can't remember the time frame or details, but it was from this past season and the story cast one of their favorites (maybe Favre) in a negative light.

I can understand ESPN not declaring Roethlisburger guilty and going into full blown scandal mode, but ignoring the story isn't the right decision either.

Wasn't there another recent NFL story that ESPN opted not to cover? I can't remember the time frame or details, but it was from this past season and the story cast one of their favorites (maybe Favre) in a negative light.

I can understand ESPN not declaring Roethlisburger guilty and going into full blown scandal mode, but ignoring the story isn't the right decision either.

NFLN led with it briefly on Total Access. But then later on they had idiots Michael Irvin, Marshall Faulk, etc., talking about how this will take pressure off the Steelers if Roethlisberger is strong enough to handle it all, blah, blah ... Just that it's another false accusation that needs to be overcome.

Bret Favre to the Jets last year.

Last August, soon after the alleged assault, a co-worker warned McNulty that if she ever let on to knowing Roethlisberger, Koster would "personally fire you for starting rumors about Roethlisberger's personal life."

The complaint states that, because "Harrah's and its personnel, particularly Hyder and Koster would side with and support Roethlisberger" she did not go to the police and attempted to deal with the situation on her own. In late September, early October and again in November, McNulty was hospitalized for depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder. She had lost 30 pounds.
Complaint in Roethlisberger case alleges huge coverup by coworkers | ProFootballTalk.com

I guess that explains why she didn't report it right away:cool: Definitely more to this story, wow. If cover-ups like this go on in Tahoe there's no reason to think they don't go on elsewhere.

It was the story about Favre contacting the Lions when they were scheduled to play the Packers. Technically not against any rules, but many questioned the ethics and concept of fair play with Favre trying to help the Lions beat the Packers. ESPN apparently made it very clear to their employees that they were not to report or comment on the story.

link

Last edited:

Unless someone is dead, I seem to always assume the athlete is just being targeted for their money.

Having skimmed the complaint and some other reading

1. calling this suit against Ben R. for rape is a gross oversimplification. He is not the primary target. Which makes the likelihood that it is someone trying to shake him down highly unlikely.

2. to gather the evidence necessary to persue the complaint would require quite a bit of time, probably with the defendant being wired and talking to the plaintiff to have evidence of a cover up. this could not be done quickly and woud explain why the suit came out late.

3. the plaintiffs atty does not want to try it in the media. Very atypical for a shakedown.

4. the plaintiffs atty is a reputable law firm. Good attys don't take bad cases/shake downs. Inexperienced desperate attys take bad cases. The atty in the shakedown of Moss was out of law school only two years and working solo.

I am thinking there probably is something here.

Earlier today, I posted that I was giving Ben the benefit of the doubt. However, the more i read and the more the detailed the media reports become, the more I think that he might be in trouble.

I just cannot believe the hypocrisy by ESPN (ok, I can). When the NY Times leaked Matt Walsh's name, they had no problem running Mike Fish's story on Walsh that included unverified claims by Walsh that he had earthshattering evidence against the Pats although Walsh would not offer proof he had such evidence nor even provided what the content of that evidence is. That is not only a questionable call, but a huge journalistic sin. You can't print that someone has incredibly damaging evidence against another person or entity without actual proof that it exists nor should you print it in a vague way like that allowing people to guess that it could be anything like a walkthrough video.

Now that Roethlisberger who is appearing on a reality show for them and is very open to giving ESPN access to him and they are treading lightly by not even reporting the lawsuit which is news. As a news organization, that is something they should be reporting. Whether Roethlisbergeris guilty of the accusation or not, the fact that a major sports star is accused of sexual harrassment is news.

It was the story about Favre contacting the Lions when they were scheduled to play the Packers. Technically not against any rules, but many questioned the ethics and concept of fair play with Favre trying to help the Lions beat the Packers. ESPN apparently made it very clear to their employees that they were not to report or comment on the story.

link

Surprise! Surprise! ESPN is on Farve's jock too. Their favoritism and inconsistency how they cover or don't cover damaging stories is pathetic.

Having skimmed the complaint and some other reading

1. calling this suit against Ben R. for rape is a gross oversimplification. He is not the primary target. Which makes the likelihood that it is someone trying to shake him down highly unlikely.

2. to gather the evidence necessary to persue the complaint would require quite a bit of time, probably with the defendant being wired and talking to the plaintiff to have evidence of a cover up. this could not be done quickly and woud explain why the suit came out late.

3. the plaintiffs atty does not want to try it in the media. Very atypical for a shakedown.

4. the plaintiffs atty is a reputable law firm. Good attys don't take bad cases/shake downs. Inexperienced desperate attys take bad cases. The atty in the shakedown of Moss was out of law school only two years and working solo.

I am thinking there probably is something here.
Excellent post. Very informative. Thanks.

All else being equal, is there a significant difference in the length of time it generally takes for completion of civil cases vs. criminal? The sheer number of allegations and parties involved makes me think that this one might take a while. What do I know, though. :confused2:

Last edited:

I smell BS. I don't really like Big Ben; word around the league is he's a drama queen and just a typical egomaniac athlete, but it's unfortunate that, even if innocent, his reputation will suffer even if he did not do anything wrong in this case.

On a side note, Steelers fans are smoking crack if they think Big Ben is in Brady or Manning's league. Can't take away two Super Bowl rings, but here is a guy who throws about 20 passes per game; in the one season he was forced to carry the team, he was horrendous.

Based on how other NFL players get off, I bet he plays all 16 games this year

Bingo! Would I guess that this allegation is true? Yes, for reasons I won't get into here. Do I think a single thing will happen to him? No. He's a celebrity. They have an uncanny ability to not face the music like we common folk.

Respectul reply to those that say "This is garbage. Why did she wait so long to file". Those types of comments always makes my skin crawl, and I venture to guess is usually made by a male.

We can't put outselves in their shoes as to whether they have the ability to handle this right away. I'm told most are too ashamed/hurt/messed up in the head/afraid to ever do anything legally about what happened to them. Some can take action right away. Others, it may take weeks, months, or even years depending on a million variables. Others never get the courage and live with it in silence.

These comments you so aften see that "she didn't file charges right away so it must not be true" really bother me. Nuff said.

I just cannot believe the hypocrisy by ESPN (ok, I can). When the NY Times leaked Matt Walsh's name, they had no problem running Mike Fish's story on Walsh that included unverified claims by Walsh that he had earthshattering evidence against the Pats although Walsh would not offer proof he had such evidence nor even provided what the content of that evidence is. That is not only a questionable call, but a huge journalistic sin. You can't print that someone has incredibly damaging evidence against another person or entity without actual proof that it exists nor should you print it in a vague way like that allowing people to guess that it could be anything like a walkthrough video.

Now that Roethlisberger who is appearing on a reality show for them and is very open to giving ESPN access to him and they are treading lightly by not even reporting the lawsuit which is news. As a news organization, that is something they should be reporting. Whether Roethlisbergeris guilty of the accusation or not, the fact that a major sports star is accused of sexual harrassment is news.

No chit! If it were a guy on the Pats' roster or someone who played for them in the last 20 years, BSPN would be all over this story like a passed-out blonde.

Here, see for yourself: NFL Football Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - National Football League - ESPN Not ONE mention of this story.

I don't know why some are 'surprised' by ESPN's stance non reporting the news since in this era we've seen icons such as the NY Times not report stories that conflicted with their agenda. If folks obsessed with ESPN want to do something, try a bit of gorilla (sic) warfare and pepper the comments sections of online articles with references to the civil suit. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back