PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2023 TE/PTP Thread

Ya know, as long as we address either LT, WR or CB with our first pick, then I wouldn't object to using our next pick on Darnell Washington but ONLY on Washington; no other TEs need apply... Our next two picks should still be able to find value in the other two positions.

Edit: Also wanted to add Tucker Kraft as a mid/late 3rd-round candidate, as long as those other needs have been getting addressed...

Edit: Also wanted to add Tucker Kraft as a mid/late 3rd-round candidate, as long as those other needs have been getting addressed...
I know one thing Bob will realize is that this Patriots' Offense Needs a Y TE. Smith and Henry are not Blockers by any stretch of the imagination.

I know one thing Bob will realize is that this Patriots' Offense Needs a Y TE. Smith and Henry are not Blockers by any stretch of the imagination.
Especially if McDermott is asked to pass block.

Not that it matters but Bucky Brooks mock has us taking Mayer with our #1 pick. I'd think that's highly unlikely.

@BaconGrundleCandy you know how I feel about WR's I am going to say it right now If Michael Mayer end up in the Teens' BB should Trade up and Draft him. Mayer is called baby Gronk we drafted that Hofer we would be foolish to pass if he's in range. Our Offense needs help and a game changing TE like Mayer would fix that I am all in for the Best available TE over a defensive player. Mayer have stickum for hands he catches everything I am on the TE Michael Mayer train. :cool:

That would be an incredible waste of precious resources if true... Same with Brian Branch the f ucking Safety.
Coach cap I disagree If we could get the next Gronk you would pass??

Coach cap I disagree If we could get the next Gronk you would pass??

At #14? Absolutely pass...Mayer looks closer to the next Hunter Henry than to Gronk... If there's a next Gronk in this draft it's Darnell Washington; and the next George Kittle could be Tucker Kraft...

Last edited:
Mayer look closer to H Heny have me ROFL Coach cap.:rofl:

Mayer looks closer to the next Hunter Henry than to Gronk... If there's a next Gronk in this draft it's Darnell Washington; and the next George Kittle could be Tucker Kraft...
Washington is my TE1 in this draft, but I’d take Mayer over Kraft by an easy margin.

@BaconGrundleCandy you know how I feel about WR's I am going to say it right now If Michael Mayer end up in the Teens' BB should Trade up and Draft him. Mayer is called baby Gronk we drafted that Hofer we would be foolish to pass if he's in range. Our Offense needs help and a game changing TE like Mayer would fix that I am all in for the Best available TE over a defensive player. Mayer have stickum for hands he catches everything I am on the TE Michael Mayer train. :cool:
Yup quite familiar with him and he's a fine prospect. Unfortunate won't be on my board and I'd be bs if we took him at 14 tbh. He's not moving the needle for anyone, especially us. I like him a lot but he's not as good a blocker as Washington or even close. Not as good a rr as Kincaid. Doesn't give you the yac LaPorta does. I think he'll be a good TE but no way at 14.

Yup quite familiar with him and he's a fine prospect. Unfortunate won't be on my board and I'd be bs if we took him at 14 tbh. He's not moving the needle for anyone, especially us. I like him a lot but he's not as good a blocker as Washington or even close. Not as good a rr as Kincaid. Doesn't give you the yac LaPorta does. I think he'll be a good TE but no way at 14.
Ok I get it strong class.
Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Two guys that will go top 40-50. Musgrave is smooth, can block, catch through contact, good hands. Kincaid is like butter moving around, very fluid running routes. Over 100 rec, 1 drop. Natural hands. Dude is a problem up the seem and mof.

Ok I get it strong class.
Hide Reaction GIF by flor
Strong class but even then it would take a lot for me to like a pick like that at 14. Maybe if he was a little more athletic and we were a TE away but generally speaking it's better to wait on that position.

Honestly I like Mayer a lot. Just don't think it's in the cards at 14. I'm wrong all the time so who knows :)

Strong class but even then it would take a lot for me to like a pick like that at 14. Maybe if he was a little more athletic and we were a TE away but generally speaking it's better to wait on that position.

Honestly I like Mayer a lot. Just don't think it's in the cards at 14. I'm wrong all the time so who knows :)
I made a mistake TE Darnell Washington is who we need he would really help this Offense two fold. Helping our RT he's literally another Offensive Tackle out there he's a mean blocker from the TE Position too who pancakes Defensive Players. This could really help our Offense and BB have shown that he'll pay and Draft TE's ie...Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. I think Darnell Washington could be Special!

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back