PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 LB/PTP Thread

Heard again today the sports radio guys saying that bb is locked in on J.O.K.

really hoping that Kraft and his new drafting approach means someone squashes this nonsense if even remotely true!

Some guy on the great blue north site mocked J.O.K. To us at 15!

He would be one hell of a Chung replacement. Pretty small guy though. Wouldn’t think he could take on some of the better Offensive lineman when engaged or swallowed up. It would be a similar ending to “the mountain and the viper” I imagine.

He would be one hell of a Chung replacement. Pretty small guy though. Wouldn’t think he could take on some of the better Offensive lineman when engaged or swallowed up. It would be a similar ending to “the mountain and the viper” I imagine.

is J.O.K. really the best option at 15 for improving the team?

or is bb going off script again trying to out smart everybody while only managing to shoot himself and us fans in the nuts!

really hoping that Kraft and his new drafting approach means someone squashes this nonsense if even remotely true!

Im really hoping your right and this new approach has us go elsewhere with the pick. I think we have a player in that mold already in dugger. If we do take a lb I’m hoping for parsons.

I really thought bb had his front office locked down tighter than Fort Knox.

Are these rumors real or is someone speculating and everybody else picking up on it?

If Dugger, Philips, or JaJuan can't replace Chung I'm not sure what role they have on the roster. None of these 3 guys is a free safety.... I guess Philips can play some LB in a nickel package but this is problematic if we don't have a solid starting strong safety. We still also need to possibly line up Devin's replacement and Dugger again isn't a free safety.

Im really hoping your right and this new approach has us go elsewhere with the pick. I think we have a player in that mold already in dugger. If we do take a lb I’m hoping for parsons.

Parsons is getting hype especially among 4-3 teams. Collins might be a better fit for our specific defense and we need a Hightower replacement soon. Lighter guys like Jerod-Mayo/Parsons are fine but a big LB like Collins/Hightower are perfect.

That would be an absolutely TERRIBLE use of #15 and would make the Uncle Dugg pick at #37 last year look even Worse than it Already does.

Last edited:
J.O.K is an absolute beast. I had discounted him as I wasn't sure he fit what we look for at LB and we have other needs. However, he is the positionless type player you need in the modern NFL. He can do it all and you'd never take him off the field. I'd certainly be excited by the pick at 15, even if I'd prefer a different position.

@Ochmed Jones out of interest, who exactly was saying BB was in on JOK, and what exactly did they say?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back