PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2021 LB/PTP Thread

Paddy fisher of northwestern has the best instincts of any linebacker I have seen since bruschi.

We brought in Uche & Jennings to help soften the blow of losing KVN & possible help for HT. Collins might be the Collins replacement. I told you he would blow up. Carries that weight so well.

I have seen Derrick Barnes, out of Purdue, on a couple of occasions this year. He looks really good. Moves very well for someone his size. Has sideline to sideline speed. Doesn't miss tackles. Really lays the boom. Too bad we don't have that mid 3rd rounder.

I have seen Derrick Barnes, out of Purdue, on a couple of occasions this year. He looks really good. Moves very well for someone his size. Has sideline to sideline speed. Doesn't miss tackles. Really lays the boom. Too bad we don't have that mid 3rd rounder.
Just realized that yesterday, boy does that hurt now

he looks like he runs in 5.0 range.

he looks like he runs in 5.0 range.
Not a chance. I'll take that bet. He runs well enough (4.75 or so). Seems like he's being misused at times. I'd say he would be an improvement over Bentley. He'd fit in nicely on this team. We need some depth there if free agency doesn't bear anything in off season. Good mid-round pick.

We should have a 3rd from our comp picks, no?

I have two linebackers with first round grades:

parsons of penn state - of all the players in this draft, this is the guy, not named Lawrence, I hope falls to us in the first round. Instincts like bruschi, speed, tremendous communication skills, and some coverage ability.

Collins of Tulsa- not in a power conference, but he is a playmaker with size and instincts.

ps: Moses of Alabama has had such a mediocre year after saban moved him to the mike. Someone is going to draft him and move him back to the weak side and have a great player.

I have two linebackers with first round grades:

parsons of penn state - of all the players in this draft, this is the guy, not named Lawrence, I hope falls to us in the first round. Instincts like bruschi, speed, tremendous communication skills, and some coverage ability.

Collins of Tulsa- not in a power conference, but he is a playmaker with size and instincts.

ps: Moses of Alabama has had such a mediocre year after saban moved him to the mike. Someone is going to draft him and move him back to the weak side and have a great player.
Loved Moses, would love to steal him

Wish Parsons could have had a normal season, would have liked to see more tape

Loved Moses, would love to steal him

Wish Parsons could have had a normal season, would have liked to see more tape

yep! But when you watch that 2019 tape and how he ran that defense on the field, you see a must have linebacker that makes plays all over the field. It would be a huge steal for us to get him.

but we still need some defensive linemen that can eat up offensive linemen, set the edge and keep him clean.

@BaconGrundleCandy is Collins worth our first?
No a little too rich, maybe a double dip bc we know he won't last or trade back into 20's but guys are a little overvalued right now. I'm seeing him as a 2nd round guy. Again maybe late first if you live him.

15 is a tricky spot. We're hoping a guy like Derwin James, Lamar Jackson falls our way to use a few recent players that slipped in the draft.

Two guys I really, really like besides Collins are Browning & Cox.

Cox has a lot of potential 6'4/230 really adapt and comfortable in coverage. Can rush the QB different ways. Still a work in progress in the run game but not bad. Still adjusting to the speed of the game in some ways but the SEC didn't look too much for him. Played ST, over 1000 snaps in the slot or close to it. Lined up out Wide, DL and FS on occasion.

I haven’t gotten to really watch the linebacker class this year but it’s a definite need for us. I was wondering if zaven Collins and nick bolton would be a fit for us or do you thing they play the same position as josh uche? I’m asking for them specifically cause it seems like the athleticism is there to be able to cover and they tackle well enough to stop the run. It seems lately we take guys who can do one or the other never both.

The linebackers I really like in this class are:

1.) parsons of pen state- sideline to sideline playmaker. Instincts like Brucshi. If he falls to 15, bb needs to have someone call that in ASAP!

2.) Cox of lsu - transferred in to lsu and performed really well, decent against the run and while not the best in coverage, better than most everything we currently have.

3.) rice of Georgia - smaller guy but thick. Makes plays all over the field. Decent against the run, but better in coverage, especially against backs.

I haven’t gotten to really watch the linebacker class this year but it’s a definite need for us. I was wondering if zaven Collins and nick bolton would be a fit for us or do you thing they play the same position as josh uche? I’m asking for them specifically cause it seems like the athleticism is there to be able to cover and they tackle well enough to stop the run. It seems lately we take guys who can do one or the other never both.
Collins looks like typical SAM , Bolton inside and Uche weak imo in terms of traditional roles. I love the combo of a Bolton & Collins if I needed that position.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back