PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2020 CB/PTP Thread

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tier 1
Kristian Fulton 6'/190 - LSU

Bryce Hall 6'1/200 - Virginia

Trevon Diggs 6'2/200 - Alabama

C.J. Henderson 6'1/190 - Florida

Jeffrey Okudah 6'1/200 - OSU

Paulson Adebo 6'1/190 - Stanford

Tier 2
Jaylon Johnson 6'/190 - Utah

A.J. Green 6'1/180 - OK ST

Dayan Ghonwoloku 5'11/200 - BYU

Troy Pride Jr 6'/190 - Notre Dame

A.J. Terrell 6'2/190 - Clemson

Dane Jackson 6'/185 - Pittsburgh

Jeff Gladney 6'/185 - TCU

Cameron Dantzler 6'2/175 - Miss St

Tre Swilling 6'/195 - Georgia Tech

Tier 3
Darnay Holmes 5'10/200 - UCLA

Lavert Hill 5'11/180 - Michigan

Julian Blackmon 6'1/190 - Utah

Camryn Bynum 6'/180 - California

Myles Jones 6'3/185 - Texas A&M

Essang Bassey 5'10/190 - Wake Forest

Christian Holmes 6'1/200 - Missouri

Rashad Robinson 5'11/185 - James Madison

Stanford Samuels III 6'2/185 - FSU

Levonta Taylor 5'10/180 - FSU

John Reid 5'10/180 - PSU

Jace Whittaker 5'11/190 - Arizona

Elijah Molden 5'11/190 - Washington

Tier 4
Kindle Vildor 5'11/180 - GA - Southern

Javaris Davis 5'9/190 - Auburn

Chase Lucas 6'/175 - ASU

Damarcus Fields 6"/200 - Texas Tech

Chris Jackson 6'/190 - Marshall

Parnell Motley 6'/180 - OK

Trajan Bandy 5"9/190 - Miami

Lamar Jackson 6'3/215 - Nebraska

Brandon Sebastian 6'1/185 - BC

DeMarkus Acy 6'2/195 - Missouri

Brandon Moore 6'/185 - UCF injury

Keith Washington Jr 6'/180 - West Virginia

Isaiah Rodgers 5'10/170 - UMASS

Matt Hankins 6'1/185 - Iowa

Jaron Bryant 6'1/175 - Fresno St

Noah Igbinoghene 5'11/195 - Auburn

Damon Arnette 6'/195 - OSU

Brenton Nelson 5'11/180 - Virginia

Avery Williams 5"9/200 - Boise St

Tino Ellis 6'1/195 - Maryland

Josiah Scott 5'10/175 - Michigan St

Christopher Fredrick 5'11/195 - Syracuse

L’Jarius Sneed 6'1/190 - LA - Tech

Jalen Thompson 6'/180 - South Alabama

Rodjay Burns 6'/190 - Louisville

Ambry Thomas 6'/180 - Michigan

Alvin Davis 5'9/175 - Akron

Amik Robertson 5'9/180 - LA-Tech

Tyler Hall 5'10/190 - Wyoming

Dicaprio Bootle 5'10/190 - Nebraska

Shaun Crawford 5'9/180 - Notre Dame

Traveon Beck 5'9/160 - California

Thomas Graham Jr 5'11/190 - Oregon

Mike Hampton 6'1/170 - USF

Cam Jefferies 5'10/190 - Cincinnati

Jaylon Jones 5"11/195 - Ole Miss

Mark Gilbert 6'1/175 - Duke

Marcus Strong 5'10/185 - Wash St

Nevelle Clark 6'1/190 - UCF

DJ Williams 5'9/180 - Utah St

Tre Brown 5'10/180 - OK

Baylen Buchanan 5'11/195 - Tennessee

TJ Carter 5'11/180 - Memphis

Ajani Kerr 6'/190 - Georgia Tech

Davonte Robinson 6'2/200 - Kentucky - injury

Tre Norwood 6'/180 - OK - injury

Josh Norwood 5'10/175 - West Virginia

Ignorantly unfamiliar with most of these names

2 names I do like however are Diggs of Bama and Taylor of FSU

Bb needs to avoid Henderson in the second round. We have fallen for that too many times over the years.

Bb needs to avoid Henderson in the second round. We have fallen for that too many times over the years.

If you're talking about CJ Henderson, he's going to be long gone by the 2nd round. No worries.

It looks to me like the corner we took from Vanderbilt needs to move to safety next year.

if so, we need another corner from this draft. I sort of think the corner from Utah that just declared could do well in our defense and he should be there in the 4th round.

6/200 33" arms. Great size but he plays very loose. Movements don't look forced or hard. Easy mover. Very confident & comfortable in close quarters playing the ball (fade/sidelines) just attacks it like a WR. Seems like a humble kid with a lot of confidence

I will be focused on Terrell when Clemson plays LSU.

between burrows and Jefferson, we will see if Terrell is really as good as he is rated.

If we move on from j mccourty, I have seen some boards that say we should sign Poole from the Jets, but I think there are enough really good corners in this draft that we should draft a replacement for him.

If we move on from j mccourty, I have seen some boards that say we should sign Poole from the Jets, but I think there are enough really good corners in this draft that we should draft a replacement for him.
I see both twins coming back, but regardless the CB group next year will have Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, and Williams...Can't see them spending money on an FA to be buried in depth

The kid from Louisiana tech (I think) has some of the best tape I have seen this year. He might work for us after a red shirt year.

This might be the hardest response of all time...

The kid from Louisiana tech (I think) has some of the best tape I have seen this year. He might work for us after a red shirt year.
Robertson, he's a beast. 23 TFL, 4 SK, 34 PD. Big fan.

Should the patriots draft him?

if so, what round?
Have to see his #'s bc he looks strictly slot next level but I like him a lot. I'd definitely take a shot rn early 3rd maybe late 2nd. Again I'm hoping his testing goes well.

+ Ball Skills 14 INT - 34 PD

+ Press skills

23 TFL 4 SK

If you like aggressive corners you probably like Robertson. Played outside but will move inside.

I like Michael Ojemudia from Iowa. Stumbled on him based upon his 3 cone and checked him out. Dude has skills.

He tackles well and stays pretty tight on routes. He definitely seems like more of a Cover 3/4 corner than a guy you want in Cover 0/1 very much, but none the less, he's good at what he's good at.

Last edited:
I like Michael Ojemudia from Iowa. Stumbled on him based upon his 3 cone and checked him out. Dude has skills.

He tackles well and stays pretty tight on routes. He definitely seems like more of a Cover 3/4 corner than a guy you want in Cover 0/1 very much, but none the less, he's good at what he's good at.

Ojemudia is a guy I love as a S convert. He is excellent playing the ball in front of him and is one of the best tacklers in the draft. I think he can be our eventual McCourty replacement as a deep CF Safety.

2020 NFL Scouting Combine winners/losers: CB

Essang Bassey, CB, Wake Forest

Bassey measured under 5-foot-10 (5-9 3/8) and his hands measured a shade under eight inches, which is well below average for his position. However, you would have never guessed his hands were on the small side given his ability to catch the ball in on-field drills. A fluid, fast (4.46 40-yard dash) athlete with some length (31-inch arms), Bassey looks like a future nickelback at the next level. His jumps were also above the norm (39-inch vertical, 10-8 broad jump).

C.J. Henderson, CB, Florida
The former Gator weighed in at a solid 204 pounds in Indianapolis and yet he still managed to run a 4.39 40 (tied for third fastest among DBs). His 20 bench-press reps showed some dedication in the weight room, as well. Henderson was also the most impressive corner in on-field drills, looking smooth in transition and catching just about everything thrown his way. He needed a good day to secure a first-round selection -- and he got it.

Troy Pride, CB, Notre Dame
Scouts likely were not thrilled with this former Fighting Irish defender's senior year tape. However, his work at the Senior Bowl and the combine may have helped him get back in their good graces. Pride's athleticism was on full display, both on the runway (4.40 40 at 193 pounds) and in the field drills. He made a Willie Mays-type catch on a deep throw, and was solid catching the ball all day. His fluid hips were also on display during drills.

A.J. Terrell, CB, Clemson
Everyone saw Terrell struggle against LSU stud receiver Ja'Marr Chase in the national title game. However, teams should appreciate the difficult task he had that night, and he has plenty of tape to like in other contests. His combine performance should also help alleviate concerns about his game. He ran a 4.42 40 at 6-1, 195 pounds (1.49 10-yard split), which was impressive. Terrell exhibited soft hands throughout the on-field workouts, including a couple of high-pointed balls on deep throws. He let his center of gravity get too high in some transition drills, and lost his balance once. The former Tiger rebounded after that, however, to finish strong.

Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State
NFL scouts like Dantzler's height (6-2) and physicality. Running a 4.64 40 at 188 pounds, however, did not help his cause. His lack of length (30 5/8-inch arms, 72 3/8 wing) was a bit surprising, as well, given his height. Dantzler was fair in his transitions and caught most of the passes thrown his way, so it wasn't a complete loss. Physicality is also one of his primary attributes, which he couldn't show here. He could end up being a good press corner in the league, but it's tough to see a team using a top-50 pick on Dantzler at this point.

Stanford Samuels, CB, Florida State
Samuels came out of Florida State as an underclassman, and was looking for a strong combine to make his case to be a top-100 pick. While he measured 6-1 and has some length (76 3/8 wing), he weighed just 187 pounds. Even with that lean frame, he couldn't break 4.65 in the 40 and he didn't really stand out enough in drills to overcome the average speed. Samuels' father got a chance as an undrafted free agent with the Colts before having a long career in the Canadian Football League. I suspect the younger Samuels will get drafted in April, but it might be later than he hoped.

Ojemudia is a guy I love as a S convert. He is excellent playing the ball in front of him and is one of the best tacklers in the draft. I think he can be our eventual McCourty replacement as a deep CF Safety.
I think he might be a poor fit at FS in the current scheme. He's more linear and average in speed, whereas McCourtney is very much a change of direction guy with burner wheels.

It's hard to replace a guy like McCourtney.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back