PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

Ya I was to find something I haven't seen but I think we're on the same page with him.

Still a ton to work with. I wonder if he's one of those 340lbs guys that gets stronger around 320-325? I think he' playing above listed weight now.

What do think about Fred Warner as a hybrid?

Can he cover man, i feel comfortable in small space. Physical enough?

Warner is on my short list. Some of his drops look like a corner. He had a nice interception return for a TD earlier this year that definitely caught my attention. Absolutely textbook coverage and break on the ball. You nailed it with the physicality question, though. My biggest concern with Warner is his inconsistency playing through contact. He doesn't really relish banging with offensive linemen. I mean, I'm sure most players prefer a free run at their target, but some guys are happy enough to get down and dirty; Warner seems to shy away from that, and it worries me. Linebackers in our system need to be able to set a hard edge on the outside, and stack and shed on the inside if they want to see playing time. Warner is really smooth in space, and I love his game overall, but he worries me a little if he's anything but a space player.

How long before some ****head starts a "Cleveland would have traded Houstons (Top 5) Pick" ?

Lol Would be so sweet though

It appears the thread about the top 5 pick was created as you typed that message. Haha.

Lol I knew it.

I was gunna start a thread "How long before some ****head" ... titled thread and hope, knew, someone else would create the same one with a "Cleveland would have traded their #4 pick"....

Mike Hughes (& MJ Stewart ) were both arrested while at UNC in 2015 for a fight at a frat. Stupid mistake and apparently both have made strides in maturity. Who knows.

One thing is clear Hughes will be playing on Sundays.

Fast, with quick feet.

Can turn his hips. Agile.

Playmaker with the ball in his hands. Played HB, QB, WR while j.u.c.o. at Garden

Very nice route recognition and does a good job of preventing separation bc he knows which route is coming.

Very Willing tackler

+ instincts & ball skills

Last edited:
It all starts with the feet and Teller has to clean his up. Esp in pass pro. Lower and upper aren't in sync and hes missing his punches. Very aggressive grader that excels in the run game but has room to improve there

Last edited:
Any draft questions? Statements?

I'm a huge Ridley fan but Gallup is a great consultation most likely after round 2 imo bc I think teams pass on most, if not all wrs in rd 1.

Dabo is a miracle worker. That Line is gunna tear up football next year.

I'm on the Lauletta bandwagon and think he's a real possibility for us with the 49ers pick unless he grades out aces and Bill grabs him late rd 1.

22 with some really sweet traits and fixable flaws.

If they go that way this year.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots