PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

QUESTION
How do we help Brady play for an additional year?
====
The answer yesterday by Belichick was to focus on offense: drafting an OL, a RB and trying to trade for an OT.
======
It is not all clear that the front seven players available at 23-43 are much more likely to succeed for the patriots than those chose at 44-64.

Of course, trading down from 43 seems very possible. If not, a trade down from 63 seems indicated.

This is an excellent draft for IOL's and Belichick is taking advantage of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daniels at 43, especially if we don't follow through on the trade for an OT.

condolences

maybe one visit/wo too many to believe they have complete trust in him..
in hindsight of course..

looks like more of tommy QB now . hopefully..

QUESTION
====
The answer yesterday by Belichick was to focus on offense: drafting an OL, a RB and trying to trade for an OT.
======
It is not all clear that the front seven players available at 23-43 are much more likely to succeed for the patriots than those chose at 44-64.

Of course, trading down from 43 seems very possible. If not, a trade down from 63 seems indicated.

This is an excellent draft for IOL's and Belichick is taking advantage of that. I wouldn't be surprised to see Daniels at 43, especially if we don't follow through on the trade for an OT.
I think you can get Daniels later - Not that many teams with center needs left. Plus second round is really 4 teams + some random teams with a pick. Of those there are mayby 2 or 3 teams there may pick IOL.

QUESTION
====
======

The closer the draft approached the more I thought OL and double dip w/ top 100 picks. Yesterday was a clear "Help Tom" Day. We could still draft a QB even w our next pick but that guy isn't a threat for at least a year in the worst case. No idea whether we go O or D. Id love to grab a Landry, Sweat, Duke, Hubbard, Oliver, Jackson, Reid, Bates, Meeks to add on D tho.

And yes this IOL class is stellar. I think we see 5-6 really good players from it that play a long time.

I feel like Matt picking Ragnow was him telling Bill he misses him.

I think you can get Daniels later - Not that many teams with center needs left. Plus second round is really 4 teams + some random teams with a pick. Of those there are mayby 2 or 3 teams there may pick IOL.
I think hes a one of those guys you can plug in day 1 and also has some upside so I expect him to go top 50 but who knows.

Some players we drafted, guys on the PTP radar & how I had them graded. Last year I had Rivers tied for 5th, Garcia OT1, & Wise 20th. I loved this draft & still do. Nothing you can do about injuries. Wise was exactly who I thought he was & very pleased we have but just hope Rivers gets healthy bc he's so good.

Wynn was top 8 overall player for me, graded him as a G but easily would have been my OT1 garding out at 9.19. 2nd highest OL'm besides Nelson. I put a player in G/T based on several things but in the end its my gut & just not a big deal as by this point im grading a player not a position.

Dawson was my 8th CB, 8.24 for a 2nd. Like Ryan he'll always have trouble vs a certain type but he's so good in other areas. Whether you like him or not he fits this team to a T.

Sam was a high 3rd at 7.80 so I like where we got him.

Crossen was def under the radar but on the PTP list

Last edited:
Ok so onto 2019. Thread coming soon w/ a huge sheet reamer posted from a contact & I'll have my PTP list not that Im about as advanced as a 6 y/o with google sheets.

I few QB's that I've been digging for a min & fit what we want if we're in this situation next year which from a franchise QB standpoint, I think we will.

Daniel Jones, Nathan Stanley, Clayton Thorson, Nick Fitz, Easton Stick, Will Grier, Jarrett Stidham are all guys I'll pay close attention to among a few others.

Wish Lock came out this year & we had a shot but hes probably QB1-3 next year

Stick
San Diego vs North Dakota State 2017 FCS Football Championship Second Round

Grier
Will Grier 2017-2018 Highlights

Some other guys I really have been watching closely
Isaac Nauta looks like absolute beast in the making. Wild man out there.
Freshman All-American || Georgia TE Isaac Nauta 2016 Highlights ᴴᴰ

Devin Bush
Devin Bush: "Most Terrifying Player In College Football" | Official Michigan Highlights ᴴᴰ

I think Wilkins is a guy we'll like as well & might have a shot at.

Just a few guys that I think we'll look at

He was huh? Show me.

We mentioned Crossen several times in the pro day threads and in the Patriots draftee meeting thread -- quite a few people pointed out that he fit the profile of a late round pick, and we expected him in the 7th or as a priority FA.

At least Little Billy made up for the completely wasted Crossen pick by signing JC Jackson, who if he can get his sh!t together can actually help this team, something that not-so-special K Crossen will likely never do.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back