PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2018 NFL DRAFT/PATRIOT-TYPE THREAD

Tate is my man.

Quenton Meeks is son of Ron Meeks who played high school, college and pro ball in the cfl. Long NFL DC career.

Quenton plays like the son of a coach. His game screams patience and composure.

He plays very well in man with his back to ball. Very comfortable. Also has a great sense when to make a play on the play on the ball. Whether it's turning, leaping, w/e his timing is very good in that sense.

That alone will will get him attention from NFL big shots but his ability to play zone & off is where his pedigree comes into play.

His r/r (route recognition) and patience tells me he watches film and studies his opponents. Obvious football I.Q.

He's 6'2 200 also. But he plays like a much smaller guy and displays very smooth c.o.d. skills for a guy that size.

Very Reliable in run support.

+++ Ball skills & athleticism

Biggest area of concern of looking at is at the l.o.s. and ability to stifle his man. I want him to be a stop sign and jam the he'll out of opponents.

I wouldn't say hes "uncomfortable" there, more incomplete.

His body just isn't working together. He doesn't put it all together in that sense. Feet, legs and jam aren't fluid. At times he'll be to front loaded and back loaded.

If he improves in that area he'll be a great prospect. Already looks like a PTP.

Leaping for the jump ball. Body control. Hands. There's a bobble bc Minkah fights through but Tate has natural, strong hands.

Tate causing an P.I. call

Auden is a monster.

When he puts it all together look out.

He already looks much improved from last year and much more comfortable.

Tough not to love Baker.

Idk man hes electric.

Little crazy too which I like.

Quenton Meeks is son of Ron Meeks who played high school, college and pro ball in the cfl. Long NFL DC career.

Quenton plays like the son of a coach. His game screams patience and composure.

He plays very well in man with his back to ball. Very comfortable. Also has a great sense when to make a play on the play on the ball. Whether it's turning, leaping, w/e his timing is very good in that sense.

That alone will will get him attention from NFL big shots but his ability to play zone & off is where his pedigree comes into play.

His r/r (route recognition) and patience tells me he watches film and studies his opponents. Obvious football I.Q.

He's 6'2 200 also. But he plays like a much smaller guy and displays very smooth c.o.d. skills for a guy that size.

Very Reliable in run support.

+++ Ball skills & athleticism

Biggest area of concern of looking at is at the l.o.s. and ability to stifle his man. I want him to be a stop sign and jam the he'll out of opponents.

I wouldn't say hes "uncomfortable" there, more incomplete.

His body just isn't working together. He doesn't put it all together in that sense. Feet, legs and jam aren't fluid. At times he'll be to front loaded and back loaded.

If he improves in that area he'll be a great prospect. Already looks like a PTP.

like and agreed.
corner pick looks very probable for NE. lots of great PTP options out there..

Life's been a lil crazy the past year. Def will step up my game soon. Sheet will be updated by next week also.

#NoDaysOff

Happy to see the players aren't pretending everything is ok and not mincing words.

Will Hernandez is a guy that will be appealing to a lot of teams. Played offense and defense in high school. Productive in both. Competed in wrestling and t&f. Kinesiology major.

Top tier G prospect so far.

Darnold has to clean up that delivery but man does he have ice in his veins! Ability to stay poised, calm is an obvious trait.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back